Uncharted Territory
2168 posts

Re: Favorite thing to do

Jul 8, 2003

,Spider X wrote:

I like to jack a Sabre a ride around for a while.

and then shoot people.

pick fights with random people, and hopefully win. it makes me feel like a big man
Message 11 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7336 posts

Jul 8, 2003

,DTW-_cannabis_ wrote:

,Spider X wrote:

I like to jack a Sabre a ride around for a while.

and then shoot people.

i like to race through the streets at high speeds w/ 4 stars trying to avoid road blocks and spike stripes
yeah thats fun... I like to go to the shooting range and shoot there thats always a lot of fun for me.. Just trying to beat my prevoius best score...
Playing: Madden '06
Listening: Smashing Pumpkins
Latest Movie: Crash
Message 12 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 8, 2003
I like to see what kinds of things I can do that were never intended by the programmers..

I enjoy the following activities;

Putting the Sparrow in the mansion garage.

Shooting the 'driver' off a motorcycle with two people on it, jumping on and taking the terrified person on the back for a death-defying ride through the city.

"Jumping" cars on a PJ600 by wheelie-ing down the road the wrong way and hitting them in the front grill. Obviously this is easier with banshees and cheetah type cars than with the SUVs and such. (grin) You can sometimes get CRAZY spins from doing this. The most my friends and I have gotten is a 1609 degree rotation insane stunt.

Getting cars and motorcycles into the mansion and driving them to the roof. Motorcycles are EASY to get in the mansion, cars are more difficult, and getting cars on the ROOF of the mansion by driving them up the stairwell is REALLY REALLY hard, but we've done it in a cop car.

Doing 360 degree spins while on an insane jump, and landing facing forward. This is on a PJ600. (not upside down spins, a flat spin sideways. If you get upside down, you ALWAYS fall off.) It's possible, just not real easy. You have to pull back AND sideways until he is almost turning upside down as he is rotating sideways, and keep the pressure on sideways. Then you push more forward on the thumbstick, and he starts rotating the front wheel back down as he passes the halfway point in his rotation sideways.
The most common jump my friends and I do this with is the one facing south in the grass next to the police station on the eastern island. (the police station you come to when you head east from the mansion.)

We've tried many times to get a motorcycle to the top of the lighthouse, and can get up really far.. but eventually the bike turns upside down, and you fall through the stairs and back down to the bottom. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone ever made it to the top somehow.

We tried to cram the mansion garage full of cars like we used to do in GTA III on Staunton Island, but it seems they have added code that keeps you from getting more than 4 vehicles in the garages.. now when you get a 5th vehicle in there, it disappears as soon as the door shuts! Bah! We used to pack 6 vehicles (usually cop cars and FBI cars) into that Staunton Island garage, so we'd have no lack of wheels. it was really fun getting 6 or more cars in that garage, and having one stick a little out so the door wouldn't shut, then stand back and fire a rocket launcher round in there. If you haven't ever tried it before, give it a shot.. There's no sight more fun in GTAIII than seeing 6 cars all blow up at once. It fires a couple of them out at the speed of a bullet.. If you get hit, you get hurt BAD =)

I'd like to hear about any other folks that have done bizarre things that the programmers may not have meant to be possible.. I know there are more things we've done, I just can't think of them right now. If I remember any more, I'll post them tomorrow.

Musicker
Message 13 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 10, 2003
Hmm... nobody else likes to 'break the game'? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Musicker
Message 14 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Jul 10, 2003
I like the street races from Sunshine Autos. Whenever I'm bored I'll go do one of them.
Message 15 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jul 10, 2003

,The_Game_Guru wrote:
I like the street races from Sunshine Autos. Whenever I'm bored I'll go do one of them.

Good idea, I never thought of doing those again. I got tired of doing PCJ Playground & the Chopper checkpoints.
Message 16 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes