Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 17 2012
By: PaperCarrier Survivor 2544 posts

Don't Download GTA4 Complete Edition!!!

10 replies 8608 views Edited Feb 17, 2012

I'm very displeased and unimpressed of this.

The PSN version of GTA 4 Complete Edition is a total ripoff. Get the disc version instead. First off, the download version doesn't have the remastered graphics or doesn't have the better quality of the newer disc version. Second, You don't get to choose whether you want to play BoGT, TLaD or GTA4 stories straight from the main menu on the download version while you do so on disc. Third, they're both price the same price. It's better to have the nicer hard copy.

DON'T DOWNLOAD!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (8,608 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1291 posts

Re: Don't Download GTA4 Complete Edition!!!

Feb 17, 2012

Wow...thanks for the warning.

Can you explain, by the way...what do you mean "remastered graphics and improved quality of the newer disc version"? Is this documented somewhere? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (8,608 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1291 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Can anyone provide any details on whether there's a difference between the disc-based GTA collection and the PSN-based GTA collection???

I would really like to know, because I'm deciding whether to buy the online version..

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (8,608 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24362 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Grundberg wrote:

Can anyone provide any details on whether there's a difference between the disc-based GTA collection and the PSN-based GTA collection???

I would really like to know, because I'm deciding whether to buy the online version..

There isn't any.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (8,608 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24362 posts

Feb 25, 2012

PaperCarrier wrote:

I'm very displeased and unimpressed of this.

The PSN version of GTA 4 Complete Edition is a total ripoff. Get the disc version instead. First off, the download version doesn't have the remastered graphics or doesn't have the better quality of the newer disc version. Second, You don't get to choose whether you want to play BoGT, TLaD or GTA4 stories straight from the main menu on the download version while you do so on disc. Third, they're both price the same price. It's better to have the nicer hard copy.

DON'T DOWNLOAD!!!

What on earth would make you believe that a game that was released for the Playstation 3, would have "remastered graphics"?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (8,608 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Mar 2, 2012

Grundberg wrote:

The psn version is kind of blurry , I only played the 60min trial and didn't finish it, its not very good graphics, I dont know if the disk version is any better but the psn version really sucks , the buildings are really blurry most of the time and the gas button wouldn't pick up in speed on vehicles, the vehicles seemed to be really slow rather than the cd version when i played it on xbox at the time, never tried the ps3 cd version but im just saying i dont trust the psn version after playing the 60min trial

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (8,608 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Mar 21, 2012

I don't understand your complaint. First off their is no such "remastered version" graphics. That part is bothering me. And anyone complaining that the disk version if the 360 version is better because the PSN version is blurry I got some news for you. The PS3 version is blurry. It plays at less then 720p on PS3. On 360the it runs at full 720p. So that makes no sense either.

And actually, by saying you don't select the games at boot up (which I think means you have to go to the options menu in game to switch) is a good thing. On the disk based Episodes they have a significantly lower soundtrack. And the disk based Complete edition separates the soundtrack. When in 4 proofed you have the full soundtrack of the first game. When you play the episodes you have only two or three songs per station and a new station. If you download the episodes as DLC then when in the episodes you can listen to the main games soundtrack plus those extra songs (minus the extra station since that was meant to make up for the lack of a sound track.

I was wondering if they were DLC or standalone in the download. Thanks for letting me know. Ill down load it as soon as possible.

PSN, XBL, Steam, and Xfire ID : Shakezula84 (accepting all friend requests)
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (8,608 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2012

hello if you got this psn version to work please let me know cause i am having issues with the complete edition .. i can only enter gta IV and not the others (ballad of gay tony and lost and damned) i really need help is it because it is downloading in the wrong orders or is it me installing them wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (7,821 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 18, 2013
I am having the same issues with changing between the games it will only allow me to play GTA IV as Nikko. I have completed all 3 games 100% years ago but have decided to play them again on account of the forthcoming GTA V which we all know is going to be the best game ever made hands down.
Anyone's help would be much appreciated...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (4,738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Dang! I downloaded this about a week ago. I thought it seemed a little glitchy. I just figured it was my imagination. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (3,012 Views)
0 Likes