Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 30 2013
By: lonestar_eagle87 First Son 2 posts

Does GTA IV have any downloadable content?

5 replies 453 views Edited Jul 30, 2013

I am looking into picking up GTA IV Complete Edition, and was wanting to know if I would loose anything if I bought it used or new? I have played other GTA games before but have never owned one so I don't know if would come with downloadable content like some other games, or if you have to have a code to get online to play multiplayer. Can anyone help me out with this?

Message 1 of 6 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: Does GTA IV have any downloadable content?

Jul 30, 2013

Welcome to the forums.

If you are getting the complete edition you should be all set as I believe that includes "The Lost and the Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" already.

It's been awhile since I've played GTA4 but to my knowledge there wasn't an online pass or anything required for that game. If that has changed I am unaware.

Message 2 of 6 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 30, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

If you are getting the complete edition you should be all set as I believe that includes "The Lost and the Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" already.

It's been awhile since I've played GTA4 but to my knowledge there wasn't an online pass or anything required for that game. If that has changed I am unaware.

There isn't any online pass.

All you need to do is buy the game, or the dlc and you're all set. No worries of having to activate, or purchase an online pass.

Like you stated, the complete edition is probably the best way to go. You get GTA IV, and the two separate DLCs together. Which are basically two separate games of their own, that tie into the original GTA IV storyline.

Message 3 of 6 (439 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Thanks, that is what I needed to know, and what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. I appreciate it.

Message 4 of 6 (437 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Aug 3, 2013
Yes. GTA IV dlc is Ballads and lost and damned. However, they were later made available as standalone titles via the Episodes from liberty city pack.

Oh, and there is no online pass.
Message 5 of 6 (419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013
Yes Grand Theft Auto The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned Add-ons but you can by them both on the same Disk and also GTA iv and TBoGT and TLaD on the same disk for $30.00 Canadian
Message 6 of 6 (412 Views)
0 Likes