Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 22 2013
By: ToXiC_Skiils Keyblade Wielder 9512 posts

Did the game feel (might contain spoilers)

23 replies 186 views Edited Sep 22, 2013

Short for anyone else? I mean, their are a lot of things to do but main mission wise, it just felt short for me. Theres only 69 in GTA V while san andreas had a grand whopping 105 missions and gta 4 had around 88. And the ending felt kind of rushed (if you chose C). And rockstar said the game was centered around heists. Didn't feel that way to me. They only went on hiests during the last minute cause they needed to. And there could of been more gang banging missions with franklin. There was like...3. The gangs in the game didn't feel like they were there.Was the latino gang even used during a mission? And there could of been a little bit more missions on the outside of the city. Like around the countryside and desert. Well GTA online has yet to release and theres 500 missions there so looking forward to that I guess

/rant 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Did the game feel (might contain spoilers)

Sep 22, 2013

It did feel short. The missions were more creative and interesting compared to other GTA games, I thought, but at the expense of feeling a lot shorter. I don't think they used the map nearly as well as they could've either. And yes... I chose C... I wasn't impressed. GTA Online should be awesome with a group of people, waiting for that. Overall I thought the game was great, I think they missed on a few things, but nothing's perfect.

Add me for COD: Ghosts on PS3
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3511 posts

Sep 22, 2013

I felt it has a decent length. I do wish there are more big heists (gas stations don't count! :smileytongue:) but GTA Online will provide many heist missions (one whole game-mode dedicated to them). But still, I think more heists in single-player would be awesome.

Spoiler

I chose C as well and, although I think the game has a decent length storyline to it, if see were to take place over a few missions it may have been better.

All in all, we need more torture missions with Trevor! :smileytongue: :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47841 posts

Sep 23, 2013

I have not beat it yet but its been out one week and a lot of people have finished it already.....that tells me the story is short. 

That being said I can tell, by the volume of side stuff to do, that the game itself...if being played to completion, will not be short at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Sep 23, 2013
It felt short but they cut out so many useless missions like Taxi'ing people around. It was straight to the point so, while it was shorter than 4 it was more action packed. Just think of the useless amount of missions in GTA4. San Andreas on the other hand was an absolute masterpiece. One of the most epic adventure games ever made.

But seeing as how GTA Online is included and seems to be a large chunk of the game I am not worried about it especially since it is pre loaded with 500 missions including heists.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

Sep 23, 2013

that's the exact reason why I never rush trough a new GTA, I'm playing the random mission and the ? missions to make sure I wont complete the main story inside a single week, I just got Trevor last night and I'm a 21% now. I dont plan finishing the main story anytime soon.

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Sep 24, 2013

It was a decent length. If all the player does is the main missions then yea it can be short. The replayability is to get gold on all the missions. That would keep players busy 4 a while. But I honestly think more work was put in to GTA Online than the story. Which I dnt mind, dnt want it the other way around 

Genesis, Snes, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, PS3
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
513 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Rockstar said the games main story was around 25 hours in length.    Compare that to Call of duty and its 5 hour story.     25 is like 5 COD games in one and for the same price.        I finished the story but also did many side quests and activities and finished at around 50 hours and am at 77% complete.     

With that said 25 hours minimum for 60 bucks or 5 hours minimum for 60 bucks.   Im choosing the 25.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Sep 25, 2013
One could say the COD's are really only meant for the multiplayer these days which is infinite hours but I agree. I prefer longer games.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2309 posts

Sep 25, 2013
I'm with you and think it was a bit short. I think they could have added a few more missions so it would feel more complete.

However, I'm still enjoying the side missions and past times. I can't wait for online too.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (101 Views)
0 Likes