Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 06 2013
By: dazzellerr First Son 25 posts

Cheats are timed? WTH!!!

8 replies 161 views Edited Oct 6, 2013

Gah, this version of GTA is so horribly wrong and out of their normal realm that it is starting to be pathetic. Decided to do a bit of screwing around in single player, found some cheats that are available. 5 minute timer on invincibility! SERIOUSLY???? You cannot get away on foot in 5 minutes with 3 choppers and SWAT on you, even in the middle of the mountains. Thought I would play today and get the dust off the disc since it has been sitting since online release just to mess around, nope. Heck, I even tried online, yay it worked, but cloud was down so no saves, and it started me in the middle of single player online, which is fine, but it also started me in the middle of a gun fight mission. Totally bummed about this version, yes, there are tons of things to do, and the map is large, but this really is not GTA at all. Sims with a splash of GTA in it really.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2338 posts

Re: Cheats are timed? WTH!!!

Oct 6, 2013
So, youre mad cuz you cant cheat? Thats ridiculous. So when your five minutes are up, put the code in again.
some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3510 posts

Oct 6, 2013

If it makes you feel better, rather than having to take out your phone which would be put away if you're shot (in GTA IV), when you manually enter them you can get shot without it being disrupted! Unless you get wasted of course. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Oct 6, 2013

I am not mad, I am dissapointed that this GTA is not an actual GTA game, it is a glorified SIMS game. There is no use for a timer in this game for this cheat. What if your health was dropping and in 5 minutes you died? Would you be happy having to re enter a ten key combo to refill your health? Invincibility cheat has no bearing on effecting any player when in use. When you enable a cheat it deactivates your trophies etc, which I could really care less about, I care as much about that as I do actually playing any missions, I did maybe 5 missions in IV because I just wanted to play online and cause caos. At least in IV there were health packs laying around. At least in 3 and SA you could use codebreaker to enable cheats. I play the game the way I want, or at least I was wanting to, this game is full of dissapointment every time I play it. I didn't buy i for missions, I didn't buy it to re enter a cheat every 5 minutes, I bought it thinking they would actually use their brains and make it like it's predecessors in that each and every owner of a copy could play the game how they wanted to, this was the foundation for all GTA games. If you wanted to be a nice guy and play the missions for your trophies and accomplishments, you could, if you wanted to stunt you could, if you wanted to roam you could, if you wanted to use cheats you could, without timers. Having cheats hurts noone in single player mode, having worthless cheats in single player mode hurts those of us that want to play the game how we want. There is no time limit on anything you non cheat users have, if there was, you would be complaining too.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Oct 6, 2013

dazzellerr wrote:

Gah, this version of GTA is so horribly wrong and out of their normal realm that it is starting to be pathetic. Decided to do a bit of screwing around in single player, found some cheats that are available. 5 minute timer on invincibility! SERIOUSLY???? You cannot get away on foot in 5 minutes with 3 choppers and SWAT on you, even in the middle of the mountains. Thought I would play today and get the dust off the disc since it has been sitting since online release just to mess around, nope. Heck, I even tried online, yay it worked, but cloud was down so no saves, and it started me in the middle of single player online, which is fine, but it also started me in the middle of a gun fight mission. Totally bummed about this version, yes, there are tons of things to do, and the map is large, but this really is not GTA at all. Sims with a splash of GTA in it really.

5 Minute time limit sounds awesome if you think about all the fun that could be had.  Consider this, doubtful it actually has anything that works like this but, you're driving down the road at full speed and you're car vanishes.  Awesome. 

"Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-Lord Tennyson "Ulysses"

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3510 posts

Oct 6, 2013

dazzellerr wrote:

I am not mad, I am dissapointed that this GTA is not an actual GTA game, it is a glorified SIMS game. There is no use for a timer in this game for this cheat. What if your health was dropping and in 5 minutes you died? Would you be happy having to re enter a ten key combo to refill your health? Invincibility cheat has no bearing on effecting any player when in use. When you enable a cheat it deactivates your trophies etc, which I could really care less about, I care as much about that as I do actually playing any missions, I did maybe 5 missions in IV because I just wanted to play online and cause caos. At least in IV there were health packs laying around. At least in 3 and SA you could use codebreaker to enable cheats. I play the game the way I want, or at least I was wanting to, this game is full of dissapointment every time I play it. I didn't buy i for missions, I didn't buy it to re enter a cheat every 5 minutes, I bought it thinking they would actually use their brains and make it like it's predecessors in that each and every owner of a copy could play the game how they wanted to, this was the foundation for all GTA games. If you wanted to be a nice guy and play the missions for your trophies and accomplishments, you could, if you wanted to stunt you could, if you wanted to roam you could, if you wanted to use cheats you could, without timers. Having cheats hurts noone in single player mode, having worthless cheats in single player mode hurts those of us that want to play the game how we want. There is no time limit on anything you non cheat users have, if there was, you would be complaining too.

Then sell the game if you're sooooo disappointed with it.

/endthread

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Oct 6, 2013

You are correct. I probably will.

/thread and this childish website.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Oct 8, 2013

1/10.

Don't try so hard, makes you obvious.

--- If Socom fans cannot support a Socom game, why should they ever support a non-Socom game? ---
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2050 posts

Oct 8, 2013
You shoula' vented elsewhere.
You are ranting to unquestioned fanboys.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (39 Views)
0 Likes