Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 02 2013
By: COREKeyMaker First Son 2 posts

Cannot switch characters, cannot continue story

3 replies 77 views Edited Oct 2, 2013
So I was in the middle of a heist when the power goes out. When I turn the console back on everything loads fine but when I press down dpad nothing happens other than map zoom out and street/vehicle name on the bottom right. No character switch wheel. Also, there are no missions on the map for me to go to for my currently selected character.

So essentially I am stuck. I tried loading another save file and I can switch characters just fine. I don't know what else to do.

Please halp.
Message 1 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1457 posts

Re: Cannot switch characters, cannot continue story

Oct 2, 2013

corrupted data. erase everything GTA off your console and reinstall it it, start a new game.

Message 2 of 4 (64 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49576 posts

Oct 2, 2013

COREKeyMaker wrote:
So I was in the middle of a heist when the power goes out. When I turn the console back on everything loads fine but when I press down dpad nothing happens other than map zoom out and street/vehicle name on the bottom right. No character switch wheel. Also, there are no missions on the map for me to go to for my currently selected character.

So essentially I am stuck. I tried loading another save file and I can switch characters just fine. I don't know what else to do.

Please halp.

Unfortunately it must have froze mid-save and corrupted that save data somehow.  You will have to go back to the older save and start from there, that sucks man :smileysad:.    Its also why I, like you, have multiple save files....just in case!

Message 3 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 2, 2013
Guess I have to start over now :smileysad:
Message 4 of 4 (31 Views)
0 Likes