Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Can't find GTA IV DLC after download and install....HELP!!!!!!!!!

Apr 17, 2010

you need to delete all GTA4 'saved data utility' and 'game data utility' then load GTA4 and redownload patch...

once your on the single player mission 'the cousins bellic' you need to enter the pause menu and go to 'game' then 'new' then it should give you the option of all three games

*ballads of gay tony*

*the lost and damned*

and GTA4

additional information - i think the download may be region blocked (not 100% sure)..... im personally based in the UK and have heard of my friends copying off thier fiends who's PSstore is using a different currency...

i hope this helps you all, it took me all day yesterday to work out, i think rockstar developers must be crackheads lol

Message 11 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 17, 2010

Im gonna ask a buddy of mine for the european version of gta 4 is it then possible to play the dlc and then save it and then play my us version of gta and then play the dlc from there ?

Message 12 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
581 posts

Apr 17, 2010

Did you download the European DLC or America?

Message 13 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 17, 2010

european

Message 14 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 22, 2010

I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything suggested here and nothing seems to work. I downloaded the DLC and installed it, and now nothing appears to happen. Can't find the DLCs anywhere, though the game data does exist on the hard disk. There's just no way to actually launch either DLC.

As for starting with the original GTA IV disc, that doesn't make sense to me. It says that neither requires the base game to play, so why would we need to launch the base game and then start a new game to get the option of which DLC to run? I did try this method (even wiped my hard disk of everything containing GTA IV in the name for a "fresh start") and nothing happened. It still launches the base game's main story as if I never even installed the DLCs. Also no new content (DLC cars, radio sountrack, etc) is present when I do launch the game.

I've been at this for hours and I am no closer to figuring this out than when I started. Anybody figure out a way to make these things work? It seems idiotic that they'd release the DLC packs if they won't even run. Something has to get them working.

Message 15 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 22, 2010

mate got the same problem if anyone manages to figure this out pleaseplease email me how mumblyjoe@hotmail.co.uk 

would be much appreciated

want to play this dlc so much

Message 16 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Apr 24, 2010
damn! taketwo is way too busy to solve our problem :[ if i wasnt a kid, i wud hv filed a case against them!
Screw you guys, Im going home!
Message 17 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 25, 2010
I ahve the same problem I installed both of them but when I go to play them neither of them is in the menu GAME. I can only start a new game which starts the normal GTA. Why did I try a F***ing DLC and not the CD version Why?
Message 18 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 25, 2010

I think we all have the same problem But why can't Take Two sometime make something work for me right away for the PS3. Same was with Borderlands and Original GTA IV and probably will be for Red Dead. 

Message 19 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 25, 2010

it works though.  i just did what they first post said. and it works now.  just back up your saved content.

Message 20 of 26 (813 Views)
0 Likes