Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 02 2012
By: Trontasia Lombax Warrior 147 posts

Audio going out while playing GTA IV

8 replies 1682 views Edited Jun 2, 2012

Has anybody else had this happen to them? I'm thinkin' it does that when my PS3 gets too hot or something, but not sure. All I hear though is an airy sound from the game, but that's all I hear, and can't budge the sound unless I restart the PS3. It does that by itself when trying to quit the game and not able to exit, and is stuck. Might as well have this thread as a question.

photo GTA_San_Andreas_player86_zps6f6d7ab9.png
https://www.facebook.com/jeromy.weeks?ref=tn_tnmn
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Re: Audio going out while playing GTA IV

Jun 2, 2012

Does this only occur when you play GTA IV?

Which port are you using for A/V output? Have you tried any other ports?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 2, 2012

losdodgers wrote:

Does this only occur when you play GTA IV?

Which port are you using for A/V output? Have you tried any other ports?

Yeah only in GTA IV. Also, another thing that happens is the graphics also lose their rendering too. Like, the graphics go from high, to medium, to low, and then stalls. But that's more random. I think the heat has an effect on things operating in the PS3. I'm using an HDMI port. I haven't tried other ports. I think it's just the game.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Is there anything wrong with the disc? If it's heat related, it would affect other games as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 2, 2012

losdodgers wrote:

Is there anything wrong with the disc? If it's heat related, it would affect other games as well.

The heat effects other things in other games. It seems to effect the processing of things. Duke Nukem Forever froze on me a couple times or more.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 4, 2012

losdodgers wrote:

It might very well be the heat that's causing these problems. And it does affect different things in other games. Like, in GTA IV, the graphics and sound are affected. In WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010, the transition is affected, like going from one thing to another. In Duke Nukem Forever, the movement is affected, where it gets stuck. I wish the PS3 had some sort of coolant system and maybe a digital temperature gauge to go with it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 8, 2012

The same problem happened to me twice when I was playing online, I was in the Annihilator in both times and suddenly I couldn't hear its propellers, nor the noise from the miniguns, only the environmental sounds... Weird.

Maybe it's heat related like losdodgers said.

Edit: In my case the audio came back in less than 1 minute, and sometimes the audio didn't went out continuously, looked like it was alternating from mute to normal volume...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 11, 2012

pedrocelio wrote:

The same problem happened to me twice when I was playing online, I was in the Annihilator in both times and suddenly I couldn't hear its propellers, nor the noise from the miniguns, only the environmental sounds... Weird.

Maybe it's heat related like losdodgers said.

Edit: In my case the audio came back in less than 1 minute, and sometimes the audio didn't went out continuously, looked like it was alternating from mute to normal volume...

I'm not sure if it is the heat that's causing the problem now because the audio in my other games is not affected what-so-ever. The data files in GTA IV must be constructed differently than most games.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jul 2, 2013

I've started having the same problem a couple of days ago; until then it played great. Now whenever I'm driving fast when going from one section of the city to another the radio will stop playing for minute then the graphics will get low res and sometime the road will disappear completely; then it will freeze for a few seconds then return to normal. While this happens I notice the hdd light is solidly lit. It's done this right after I start playing, so I don't think it's heat related.

"He is the one"
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,022 Views)
0 Likes