Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 17 2003
By: Riverpryde Uncharted Territory 1691 posts

Anyone know an easy way to get the hunter?

12 replies 41 views Edited May 17, 2003

Besides a cheat, does anyone know how to get the hunter at Fort Baxter?  Everytime I enter the base, the soldiers kill me before I get the chance to get away with the helicopter.  I've already tried flying in with the Sea Sparrow, but it always blows up.  I've tried to shoot anyone that came near me, but there were just too many of the soldiers.  Please help.

Message 1 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Re: Anyone know an easy way to get the hunter?

May 17, 2003

lnzydee22 wrote:

Besides a cheat, does anyone know how to get the hunter at Fort Baxter? Everytime I enter the base, the soldiers kill me before I get the chance to get away with the helicopter. I've already tried flying in with the Sea Sparrow, but it always blows up. I've tried to shoot anyone that came near me, but there were just too many of the soldiers. Please help.

It's been a while, but:
You can get a cop uniform from one of the police stations, I think on the first island. If you dress like a cop, they won't shoot you.
KevinQ2000

Message 2 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14796 posts

May 17, 2003

,lnzydee22 wrote:

Besides a cheat, does anyone know how to get the hunter at Fort Baxter?  Everytime I enter the base, the soldiers kill me before I get the chance to get away with the helicopter.  I've already tried flying in with the Sea Sparrow, but it always blows up.  I've tried to shoot anyone that came near me, but there were just too many of the soldiers.  Please help.

Ok, supposably if you get all packages it appears somewhere on the beach..but i havn't seen it.......heres what i did.....i took the sea sparrow as close to the hunter as i could get it, while n the air i jumped out of the sea sparrow and hauled asss to the hunter and took off as quick as i coul, this did take severl times, if you have the mini-gun and 150 health/armor you should be able to take out the first wave of soilders and still live, but only try that if have to,  the best thing to do after you finnaly do get it is to bring it to your condo (Hyman, I think) in downtown by the Stadium, in the first garage to the left of the save point, you can fit the hunter in there, you have to land in the street and push it in, its kind of cheap but it lets you save it so you dont have to go through all that other crap in the beginning, oh and it is easier if when you put it in the garage you put it in tail end first.............
Message 3 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1691 posts

May 17, 2003

Thanks!  I'll try both ways!

Message 4 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

May 17, 2003

DTW-_cannabis_ wrote:

lnzydee22 wrote:

Besides a cheat, does anyone know how to get the hunter at Fort Baxter? Everytime I enter the base, the soldiers kill me before I get the chance to get away with the helicopter. I've already tried flying in with the Sea Sparrow, but it always blows up. I've tried to shoot anyone that came near me, but there were just too many of the soldiers. Please help.

Ok, supposably if you get all packages it appears somewhere on the beach..but i havn't seen it.......heres what i did.....i took the sea sparrow as close to the hunter as i could get it, while n the air i jumped out of the sea sparrow and hauled asss to the hunter and took off as quick as i coul, this did take severl times, if you have the mini-gun and 150 health/armor you should be able to take out the first wave of soilders and still live, but only try that if have to, the best thing to do after you finnaly do get it is to bring it to your condo (Hyman, I think) in downtown by the Stadium, in the first garage to the left of the save point, you can fit the hunter in there, you have to land in the street and push it in, its kind of cheap but it lets you save it so you dont have to go through all that other crap in the beginning, oh and it is easier if when you put it in the garage you put it in tail end first.............

It's true, if you get all 100 packages, the Hunter will appear on a launchpad on the southern end of the first island. Just go to the Ammunation down there, and drive to the end of that street, there should be a big fountain. South across the street from that there's a house with a helipad next to it (one of the packages is hidden behind this building) the chopper may not be there the first time you check, just like any vehicle it doesn't spawn every single time so you may have to take a spin around the city and come back to look for it.
Russ Feingold for President
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
- Edmund Burke
Message 5 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1691 posts

May 17, 2003

,Terinati wrote:

It's true, if you get all 100 packages, the Hunter will appear on a launchpad on the southern end of the first island. Just go to the Ammunation down there, and drive to the end of that street, there should be a big fountain. South across the street from that there's a house with a helipad next to it (one of the packages is hidden behind this building) the chopper may not be there the first time you check, just like any vehicle it doesn't spawn every single time so you may have to take a spin around the city and come back to look for it.

Ohhh I know what you're talking about.  I was wondering why they just had that there with no helicopter.

Message 6 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

May 17, 2003
Easiest way to get it in Fort Baxter is the cop uniform. It's on the first island. Follow the bridges from Starfish Island, keep going straight on the road. You will fly over a bridge and crash into the building. Go inside, go in the locker room, it's in the locker room.

Message Edited by InertZero on 05-17-2003 02:59 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's so many Walgreens today, you're just bound to be in one. -- Me

THE PAST IS INDESTRUCTIBLE

Current game I couldn't put down if I tried:
IndyCar Series

NASCAR fans! Enlighten yourselves and watch an IRL IndyCar Series race! It's for your own good!
Message 7 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

May 17, 2003

Terinati wrote:

DTW-_cannabis_ wrote:

lnzydee22 wrote:

Ok, supposably if you get all packages it appears somewhere on the beach..but i havn't seen it.......heres what i did.....i took the sea sparrow as close to the hunter as i could get it, while n the air i jumped out of the sea sparrow and hauled asss to the hunter and took off as quick as i coul, this did take severl times, if you have the mini-gun and 150 health/armor you should be able to take out the first wave of soilders and still live, but only try that if have to, the best thing to do after you finnaly do get it is to bring it to your condo (Hyman, I think) in downtown by the Stadium, in the first garage to the left of the save point, you can fit the hunter in there, you have to land in the street and push it in, its kind of cheap but it lets you save it so you dont have to go through all that other crap in the beginning, oh and it is easier if when you put it in the garage you put it in tail end first.............

But for it to be there you have to get 100 packages AND beat the main missions.
Socom Screen Name: kllrshdw
SOCOM servers: US East # or Hanguk | Semper Fidelis
United States Marine Corps
Message 8 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1691 posts

May 18, 2003
Got it!  Finished the vigilante mission now all I have to do is the Ambulance mission and complete the unique jumps!  Thanks!!
Message 9 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 20, 2003

Hey, When you got 100 hidden packages and it said special Vehicle delivered to Fort Baxter Air Base That was not the Hunter/Apache it was the ultimate Vehicle. It says so in my Strategy guide. It says its the best Vehicle in the game

Message 10 of 13 (41 Views)
0 Likes