Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Re: Get Trophies

Nov 27, 2008

Atrobasinnu wrote:

Ok, so to clear something up...

You're saying that after I get those 4 trophies I can use any cheats as much as I want and I will recieve every other trophy?

I've gotten pretty much every single trophy (I only need the pigeons trophy to get the 100% trophy) and I've been using the annihilator, lower wanted level, health, and ammo codes left and right to help speed up the process.  After I got the four trophies that are blockable, I no longer worried about using any code that I desired.

Also, if you want to get the Walk Free trophy by doing the Three Clover mission, feel free to use any code up until that point of the game.  Before you start that mission, save your game, re-load that same save game, and then start the mission.  Loading a saved game unblocks all trophies.  This unblocking "trick" works at any point of the game, so if you ever find yourself in a mission and you need some desperate help and decide to use a code, it's ok.  Simply finish the mission, save your game, and re-load that same save file.

Any more questions?

- Churro

Message Edited by ILikeChurros on 11-26-2008 08:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Nov 27, 2008

ILikeChurros wrote:

This unblocking "trick" works at any point of the game, so if you ever find yourself in a mission and you need some desperate help and decide to use a code, it's ok.  Simply finish the mission, save your game, and re-load that same save file.

I don't know why I'm not understanding properly. My mind is slow today.

Are you saying this for ALL trophies or just those 4 blockable trophies? Will I recieve a trophy for Fed the Fishes (kill Vlad) if I use a health cheat or not?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Nov 27, 2008
Alright, sweet. Thanks for clarifying.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Nov 27, 2008

Atrobasinnu wrote:

ILikeChurros wrote:

This unblocking "trick" works at any point of the game, so if you ever find yourself in a mission and you need some desperate help and decide to use a code, it's ok.  Simply finish the mission, save your game, and re-load that same save file.

I don't know why I'm not understanding properly. My mind is slow today.

Are you saying this for ALL trophies or just those 4 blockable trophies? Will I recieve a trophy for Fed the Fishes (kill Vlad) if I use a health cheat or not?

When you get an "X trophy is blocked" message, X can only be:  Cleaned the Mean Streets, Walk Free, One Man Army, and/or Finish Him.  That's it. 

There's no cheat that blocks Feed the Fishes, or any other trophy for that matter.  You can use a health code while doing that mission and you'll still get the trophy.  Only those four trophies that I listed will be temporarily blocked with the use of the codes that I listed in the guide until you re-load a saved game.

- Churro

Message Edited by ILikeChurros on 11-26-2008 09:02 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Nov 27, 2008

Atrobasinnu wrote:
Alright, sweet. Thanks for clarifying.

Sure enough!

Happy Hunting, =)

- Churro

P.S.  Even with the use of codes, these suckers took a while to get. =p

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Nov 27, 2008
I have a question: how the hell do people beat the high score in Qub3d so easily!?
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Nov 27, 2008

dotCody wrote:
I have a question: how the hell do people beat the high score in Qub3d so easily!?

I thought that game was a pain in the butt because of how boring it was.  I found ways to "cheat" the game system and I was on my way to the high score in no time and I ended up killing myself by stacking the blocks to the top. =p

The trick that helped me out the most was to get rid of the second cube in a piece if it's not a color that will be helpful to you.  This trick is key later on 'cause you have like 5-6 colors to worry about.

I would drop the piece sideways, aiming the colored piece right over the spot that I wanted it on.  At the last second before the piece sinks in place, I would press left or right to make the second cube stack on top of the first.  Because this second cube gets stuck outside of the game grid, it vanishes since it can't tumble down. =)

I didn't even know what the power-ups did, so that shows you how often I actually used them. =p  I just kept getting four in a row until I got the high score and unlocked the trophy.  It took a while, but I only ended up playing that stupid game once.

- Churro

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Nov 27, 2008

ILikeChurros wrote:

dotCody wrote:

I thought that game was a pain in the butt because of how boring it was.  I found ways to "cheat" the game system and I was on my way to the high score in no time and I ended up killing myself by stacking the blocks to the top. =p

The trick that helped me out the most was to get rid of the second cube in a piece if it's not a color that will be helpful to you.  This trick is key later on 'cause you have like 5-6 colors to worry about.

I would drop the piece sideways, aiming the colored piece right over the spot that I wanted it on.  At the last second before the piece sinks in place, I would press left or right to make the second cube stack on top of the first.  Because this second cube gets stuck outside of the game grid, it vanishes since it can't tumble down. =)

I didn't even know what the power-ups did, so that shows you how often I actually used them. =p  I just kept getting four in a row until I got the high score and unlocked the trophy.  It took a while, but I only ended up playing that stupid game once.

- Churro

Cheat? Vanish? Say no more, I'm getting this stupid once and for all! Thank you Churros!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Nov 27, 2008

dotCody wrote:

ILikeChurros wrote:

dotCody wrote:

- Churro

Cheat? Vanish? Say no more, I'm getting this stupid once and for all! Thank you Churros!!!

Let me know how it goes.

You reminded me of what I started thinking when I played that stupid game.  For like the first three mins I was like, "Hmm, maybe if I practice some more and try to strategically tumble the pieces in order to maximize my score while minimizing my effort, maybe I'll get an astronomical score!"

Yeah, that thought quickly turned into, "I hate you, stupid game!  There's no reason for me to get better at playing you!  What?  You're sending a piece with a cube that I don't want?  *tumble, shift, shift, drop, stack* Begone foul demon!"

=p

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Nov 27, 2008

ILikeChurros wrote:

Let me know how it goes.

You reminded me of what I started thinking when I played that stupid game.  For like the first three mins I was like, "Hmm, maybe if I practice some more and try to strategically tumble the pieces in order to maximize my score while minimizing my effort, maybe I'll get an astronomical score!"

Yeah, that thought quickly turned into, "I hate you, stupid game!  There's no reason for me to get better at playing you!  What?  You're sending a piece with a cube that I don't want?  *tumble, shift, shift, drop, stack* Begone foul demon!"

=p

Oh my god it works! Its all about timing, thank you Churros! I'll have that trophy tonight, finally.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes