Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Re: A Definitive GTA IV Guide for Blockable Trophies: Now w/ More Cheat Codes! =

Dec 5, 2009

TehWu wrote:
So be using cheats it doesn't mess with any of the missions or effect gameplay negatively or anything like that? Seemed like cheating in GTA SA made one of the missions buggy later on when you're suppost to stop that dude from jumping off that building. Or it could just be I was going about it incorrectly. But seemed like he'd still jump before I could even get close to the building or anything without even second guessing it... lol

First off, this thread has to do with getting the four blockable trophies and what you need to know about using cheats in order to guarantee that you get all four of them.

Having said that, back when I played this game I used a lot of different cheats at different points of the storyline and I don't remember ever experiencing a negative effect on gameplay or missions.  If you fail a mission in GTA4, you can simply do it again later on.

Message 110 of 120 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
649 posts

Re: A Definitive GTA IV Guide for Blockable Trophies: Now w/ More Cheat Codes! =

Jan 21, 2010
Wow thanks!
Message 111 of 120 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Get Cleaned the Mean Streets, One Man Army, Finish Him, and Walk Free easily

Feb 27, 2010

Something to add to the guide...

One Man Army (from using a cheat)

1. Spawn the Annihalator (3595550100)

2. Very carefully land it within the zones of a "RESIDENTS ONLY" parking area, the second safehouse is where I landed mine.

3. Go into the apartment and save.

4. Reload the saved game.

5. Enter the vehicle and fly over to the airport or one of the other islands (one not yet reached).

6. Stay high, fly aroud (the police cannot hit you)

7. Five minutes pass and the trophy is yours.

- - -

Now I have to figure how to lose the stars and gain the 'Walk Free' trophy, maybe reloading my game and sniping until I reach four stars and using my saved helicopter to oust the police radius?

Message Edited by Supaida-Banpaia on 02-27-2010 03:23 PM
Message 112 of 120 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Get Cleaned the Mean Streets, One Man Army, Finish Him, and Walk Free easily

Feb 28, 2010
Now I have to figure how to lose the stars and gain the 'Walk Free' trophy, maybe reloading my game and sniping until I reach four stars and using my saved helicopter to oust the police radius?

Easy...

Continuing from that point (previous post), there is an underground rail (as in this video - so I'm not taking full credit). Running far enough will award the trophy.

One Man Army and Walk Free, a p*ss in the park as they say.

Message 113 of 120 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2064 posts

May 15, 2010

You are THE MAN for making this guide, ILikeChurros. I already gave you a Kudos. If they allowed me to give more, I would.

Message 114 of 120 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2064 posts

May 15, 2010

By the way, does the new GTA IV 1.06 update undo the cheats to get the trophies as indicated in this guide?

Message 115 of 120 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jul 1, 2010

I am currently playing GTAIV on patch 1.06 (I completed it once way back before trophies were available and with no cheats).  Looks like the guide works with 1.06 as well.  I got those 4 blocked trophies out of the way first, and since then, I've been abusing the cheats and the other trophies are popping up for me.  I am currently at 52 missions completed.  Man, I forgot how long this game is!

Not looking forward to the online trophies.  I hate games with online trophies, so I don't think I will platinum this...

Message 116 of 120 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Jul 2, 2010

vinster wrote:

I am currently playing GTAIV on patch 1.06 (I completed it once way back before trophies were available and with no cheats).  Looks like the guide works with 1.06 as well.  I got those 4 blocked trophies out of the way first, and since then, I've been abusing the cheats and the other trophies are popping up for me.  I am currently at 52 missions completed.  Man, I forgot how long this game is!

Not looking forward to the online trophies.  I hate games with online trophies, so I don't think I will platinum this...

I don't blame you.  Getting platinum on this game is definitely only for the committed because it was a pain to go through all those online multiplayer matches to get two of the most time-consuming trophies I've ever gotten:  AWP and Wanted.

I'm glad the guide could help with the rest of the trophies, though.

Enjoy,

- Churro

Message 117 of 120 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: A Definitive GTA IV Guide for Blockable Trophies: Now w/ More Cheat Codes! =)

Apr 13, 2012

I unlocked Cleaned the mean streets, One man army, Finish him and walk free ages ago and now when i put cheats in it says their blocked but when i check on my trophy list they are unlocked. Should i worry about this or is this just a glitch?

profile trophies.png

Message 119 of 120 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: A Definitive GTA IV Guide for Blockable Trophies: Now w/ More Cheat Codes! =)

Aug 3, 2013

does creating a new data really works?

Message 120 of 120 (55 Views)
0 Likes