Highlighted
Feb 04 2011
By: PSmayhemfan316 Splicer 55 posts

will gt and gt2 be available as psone classics on psn soon?

4 replies 791 views Edited Feb 4, 2011

is it possible to see gran turismo and gran turismo 2 as psone classics on psn very soon? thanks, cant wait to get my own copy of GT5.

Message 1 of 5 (791 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Re: will gt and gt2 be available as psone classics on psn soon?

Feb 5, 2011

I certainly hope they add them to the downloadable PSOne classics. I'd love to have these games stored on my hard drive so I don't have to walk downstairs to my storage closet to grab them when I want to play them. lol

Message 2 of 5 (791 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 5, 2011

Not that I have the answer or anything ... just a guess ... and as much as I would like to see these titles as downloadable PSN PSOne Classics, I doubt it will ever happen due to licenses and legal issues and whatnot.  Too many cars, too many deals to be worked out again to port these two gems over to digital / downloadable format.

Of course I have know idea how the original licenses were setup, so maybe Sony planned ahead for 10-15 years down the road to still be able to issues new versions of the GT series via a previously unexplored format.

Message 3 of 5 (791 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jan 16, 2015

I would LOVE to be able to play GT2 on my Vita!!!  I really hope the Gran Turismo series all get digital ports, and GT4 would also be an AMAZING Vita game as well!

Message 4 of 5 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5428 posts

Jan 16, 2015

For as much as I would love this, as well, I think it would be almost a waste of time. Plus, it would pull people away from the current game.

So, what I would request is that they update all tracks from previous games to the current one (or 7 if there aren't enough resources or time), and then take all of the challenges (from licenses to missions to races to championships) and create them in the current game as offline (maybe as DLC Smiley Happy ) for us to explore and use.

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 5 (313 Views)
0 Likes