See the sig. I was hoping and praying my Eclipse GSX would be in the game, but it's not. Oh well, maybe some day PD will put it in the game. Until then, I'll be satisfied drive the other 1,000+ cars in the game.
Sharp AQUOS LC-42D64U 42" 1080p LCD || Onkyo HT-S7200 7.1 Surround Sound
Download: 10.33 Mb/s Upload: 1.02 Mb/s Ping: 137 ms (As tested at speedtest.net)
I know a lot of people might not care but im upset as well as many other DSM owners that there are no AWD Eclipses in the game! We need a 91-92 AWD or FWD (Mitsubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon/PLymoth Laser) also a 98ish Eclipse GSX or Eagle Talon. Its disappointing that they put a turbo FWD 2nd generation eclipse and then a non turbo FWD Talon in the game...... but considering that the first generation Eclipse isnt hardly known in Japan i dont blame them.
Isnt that a real eclipse ?
I don't know about the other cars in the game but there is some serious misinformation in the car description for the 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse. First off, there was never a GT model, these are the models and their descriptions:
- Eclipse RS: Base FWD model equipped with a 140 hp 2.0 L 16-valve DOHC Chrysler 420A engine
- Eclipse GS: Equipment upgraded FWD model equipped with a 140 hp (100 kW) 2.0 L 16-valve DOHC Chrysler 420A engine
- Eclipse GS Spyder: Convertible FWD model equipped with a 141 hp (105 kW) 2.4 L 16-valve SOHC Mitsubishi 4G64 engine
- Eclipse GS-T: Hardtop FWD model equipped with a 210 hp (160 kW) turbocharged 2.0 L 16-valve DOHC Mitsubishi 4G63 engine
- Eclipse GS-T Spyder: Convertible FWD model equipped with a 210 hp (160 kW) turbocharged 2.0 L 16-valve DOHC Mitsubishi 4G63 engine
- Eclipse GSX: AWD model equipped with a 210 hp (160 kW) turbocharged 2.0 L 16-valve DOHC Mitsubishi 4G63 engine.
In the game description they say that the AWD model was done away with with the introduction of the 2nd generation Eclipse...This is Simply WRONG!!!
I wonder if Mitsubishi motor car company even knows of this misinformation, and if they do, why would they let this information be displayed to the millions of Gran Turismo players around the world?
I propose we do something about this, something that can't be ignored by the game developers. A petition maybe? Let's get Mitsubishi Motors Involved. I'm sure they would want something done about this and so would all of us DSM lovers out there. I want to see this information corrected and also see a first AND second generation AWD Eclipse put into GT5 and future GT titles. Who's with me?
I have a feeling that the current powers that be at Mitsubishi aren't going to be too concerned with the Eclipse being decpicted accurately in the game.
Now if there was a mistake on the EVO, that would be a different story.
I agree 100%. This is total BS. Grand Toursimo thrives on being "the real driving simulator", but created a car that's not real. Someone working for them really dropped the ball on this one. How can you totally miss the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX with all wheel drive and the 4G63 engine found in the EVOs. Big mistake! They have almost every model of other cars, but only one model for the eclipse and it's not even real. GSX, GS-T, GS, RS... GT?? Shows how much they don't care, this has been going on for years and each year I hope they fix this.