Oct 24 2012
By: waindoza First Son 7 posts

system crashes

14 replies 268 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

I am a 65 year old male living in New Zealand and used to really enjoy playing on our PS3.  But for the last few months i am just about ready to throw our PS3 system in the rubbish.  Every single day our system crashes several times EVERY DAY usually with the notation :you have been disconnected from the server.  This is very annoying especially when you are playing on line with a fixed owner site,  you lose the lot.   THIS OFTEN HAPPENS MORE THAN ONCE AN HOUR.  It seems to happen irrespective of what game we are playing and from talking to other players in New Zealand it is happening to them as well though players from other countries don't seem to have the problem.

It seems that this is a New Zealand wide problem, not individual players systems.

We purchased our PS3 brand new but now consider it is hardly worth turning it on as we are not getting the service we should be expecting.   I HOPE YOU CAN HELP US WITH THIS PROBLEM.   i AWAIT YOUR REPLY IN ANTICIPATION.

I can be contacted at e-mail address      bevles@vodafone.co.nz

Thank you for any help you can give us.      Les Howard

Message 1 of 15 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Re: system crashes

Oct 24, 2012

So is your system working fine other than you keep getting disconneted off the internet?

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 2 of 15 (261 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44511 posts

Welcome to the GT forum, waindoza!   Off-hand, I don't kn...

Oct 24, 2012

Welcome to the GT forum, waindoza!

Off-hand, I don't know what the cause of your problem is, but I would have to think that it is local to your area. I am not sure if it is local to your console.

Have you contacted SONY's customer service?

Read through the Help post linked in my sig.

Have you reset (powered down) your modem / router?

Message 3 of 15 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Re: Welcome to the GT forum, waindoza! Off-hand, I don't kn...

Oct 24, 2012

That's a good suggestion MastrGT, every once and awhile you need to reset your equipment and clear the lines if your hard wired.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 4 of 15 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

it seems we are not being disconnected from the internet

Oct 25, 2012

it seems we are not being disconnected from the internet,  only the game server.   but we have no other problem.

we are still connected to the playstation network and it happens irrespective of what game we are playing.   thanks   les

Message 5 of 15 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Thanks Master GT,  enquiries lead us to believe that this is a new zealand wide problem,  We have just had our modem checked and told that it is working fine to full capacity of the system.  we have tried turning our computer off while we are using the PS3 but that makes no difference.                  Les

Message 6 of 15 (239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 25, 2012

our system is wireless    not hard wired.   Les

Message 7 of 15 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

also....

Oct 25, 2012

also.... does anyone know how to get rid of the singstar thing that must've come with yesterdays ps3 system update?

Message 8 of 15 (233 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44511 posts

Re: it seems we are not being disconnected from the internet

Oct 25, 2012

waindoza wrote:

it seems we are not being disconnected from the internet,  only the game server.   but we have no other problem.

we are still connected to the playstation network and it happens irrespective of what game we are playing.   thanks   les

We have been seeing a few disconnections of GT about a week or so ago, but PD was supposed to have cleared that up. If something else is going on country-wide, then you need to deal with your local support.

Message 9 of 15 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Do you have streaming video capabilities in New Zeland, something like Netflicks or the like? I was thinking that you might be able to narrow down the problem if you tried an independant server of sorts.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 15 (225 Views)
0 Likes