Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Re: "Help!" If you have a problem... Look here first!

Apr 3, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

If you downloaded them from the iTunes store, they are protected files intended to be only playable on the system you bought them for (your computer and your iPod I would imagine) and should not be able to be copyable over to other systems.

I believe you missed this part. 
he added them to His PS3 music, and the PS3 plays them Fine..

" and added them to my PS3 music files, and they play fine there"

but GT5 gives an error when he tries to add them under GT5.

So it is somehting in the way GT5 expects the Music file to be.

Message 81 of 217 (1,997 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Apr 3, 2013

You sure he meant songs bought on the iTunes store play fine in the PS3? His post is a bit vague about that.

I was under the impression that songs with embedded DRM need to be played on an authorized system. Or what's the point of the DRM?

Mind you, aren't songs from the iTunes store in AAC format? I confess, I don't do this (only sound I want to hear when playing the game is the sweet sweet sounds of a revved up engine!) so I'm just spitballing here, but there's something about being able to copy a DRM protected file that doesn't sound correct...

Message 82 of 217 (1,959 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Yes, that is what I mean. My thoughts turned to DRM as well, but I figured that the PS3 would be just as sensitive to that as GT5 would be, rather than one working and not the other. I used a flash drive for the copying, maybe it would work differently if I established the connection between my iTunes and my PS3.

Message 83 of 217 (1,942 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

The OP never said what format the files are in, or what the extension of the files are.
AAC is the Encoding of the file. Advanced Audio Coding it's a Lossy type of format
Itunes commonly uses .M4a  ( not DRM protected ) and .M4p ( with DRM protection)

but as far as I know, the PS3 does not Play .M4a files???

Actually I have never tried to play a .M4a file from my Ipod.

With in Itunes itself, you can choose what format you want your music files in.

All of my files are converted to .MP3 and I always use FBR

I never had an issues playing any of them in GT5.
I Only play custom music for the Main screens and Menus,  

Like Destinkey's, I too like Just the Sound of the Car when I am racing.

Edit: I found this link to the manual
.M4a and .M4p aren't listed..

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/music/filetypes.html

The following types of files can be played under  (Music).

• Memory Stick Audio Format(ATRAC)
  • MP3
  • - MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer3
  • - MP3 Surround
  • MP4(MPEG-4 AAC)
  • WAVE(Linear PCM)
  • WMA

Message 84 of 217 (1,937 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Sep 16, 2013

hello,

2 years without connection to my account and my gran turismo account was suspended for cheating i think but I never cheated! **bleep**!!!

it's possible to get it back?

thank you in advance

Message 85 of 217 (1,611 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44901 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Welcome to the GT forum, DjPaint:

Please keep your topic to one thread and don't multi-post elsewhere.

At this point, I am not certain your account was actually "banned". It may be that your game save file was corrupted and you lost access to it. I think you need to describe things better before anyone can help you more. Off-hand, I don't know if real banned people got any sort of notice or were just left to guess as to what happened.

Did you at any time make a back-up of your personal progress file? If you had done this and your progress file got corrupted, then you would have a save point to restart your playing. If not, you have to restart playing from the beginning.

If your updates for GT5 got corrupted and that is what is affecting things, you can always delete what is on your hard drive and re-install them.

There is a help post linked in my signature and floated on the top GT page. Read through that carefully and fully for ways to help yourself.

Message 86 of 217 (1,599 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

I'll try to be more specific

I created my account "djpaint" in 2008.
In 2010 I format my playstation, but I could not remember my password and I no longer have access to the inbox recorded
So I created a new account in 2010 (legarsquipue) but I have not really played because I was not motivated to start all over again
Yesterday I called the technical service to retrieve my account "Djpaint".
I recovered, they have changed my e-mail, everything is ok except that my gran turismo profile no longer exists.
I had over 700 cars, level 40 A-spec and level 33-34 in b-spec
Is that an account is deleted after two years of inactivity? my backups are not stored on the servers? just on my playstation?

Message 87 of 217 (1,593 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44901 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

Your personal save file was on your hard drive and PD had no access to it.

If got corrupted or you lost rights to access it, that all happened at your end.

Unless you can regain access to this progress file, you start over or wait for GT6.

If you had saved your own copy of your progress, or saved in on PSN +, then you would still be able to play. This is not done automatically. PD actually added ways for players to back-up and protect their own data after GT5 was release.

Message 88 of 217 (1,587 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 16, 2013
arfffff ok i will wait for gt6 .... :-)
thank you for your time and answers
Message 89 of 217 (1,580 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 7, 2013

GT6 crashing my precious PS3!!!! 

First Gen PS3 80GB

Picked the game up last night and tried playing it as soon as I got home.  It would crash my ps3 at random points in the game.  Some times I would get 5 minutes worth of gameplay, other times I would get 20 minutes.  After the 5th crash I put in NFS: Most Wanted and played that for like 2 hours with no problems at all.  Haven't put GT6 in at all today.  Worried that it will wreck my ps3.  Played Tekken Tag 2 this morning for about an hour and just popped in Black Ops.  No issues.  Considering returning the game, but want to wait and see if Sony puts out a patch to fix the issue. 

My ps3 has never had this issue before and I use it every day.  It's well ventilated and I blow out the dust and vacuum it about every 2-3 weeks.  It's not overheating.  I take good care of my system, it's my baby.

Message 90 of 217 (1,415 Views)
0 Likes