MVP Support
44511 posts

Re: "Help!" If you have a problem... Look here first!

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Re-installing the game updates won't affect your progress file, but you should be in the habit of frequently making back-up copies and keeping them off of the hard drive. There are so many sad stories of players who have never done that, then lost everything.

The back-up will preserve everything that you have accomplished, plus it will preserve rare items that cannot be replaced - ever. You may not have any yet, but others do and they need to make back-ups now.

If you have download problems, then more than likely you must delete every one of them and start over. It happens, but not all that often. Read through the Help post for the networking tips, to help make the downloads go more smoothly.

Message 51 of 217 (1,219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Thanks MastrGT

I did save a backup   from  Saved Data Utility and then went into The Games Data Utility and uninstalled GT 5

I reinstalled it and now all is good,  I have Audio, Display,  Sim,..  and 3D.  Should I leave that USB flash in the

slot or take it out and put it up until I need to Save another change in Saved Data ?  I had a different usb flash in

it and thought that it would be like extra storage that movies, or whatever would automatically be put into it by

the PS3,,  it was blank even after 2 weeks,,,, It must not be used like I thoujght.. Please advise on that.

Also where can I find how to gift give a car I might have, or rec one from someone.  Was there ever a good 

book, simular to what you see now at Walmart for Games like Blk ops  and BO II ?  That would help alot

Plus this Forum of course.

Thanks Much MastrGT,,, you helped tremendously.   

Ron  rofox

Stamper43

Message 52 of 217 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44511 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I am glad you are able to play again!

You can leave the mem-card in the card slot, but don't forget to take it out and copy the file to your computer, every now and then, especially after receiving special content or after reaching important milestones in GT.

The console can search for media servers, but otherwise I think you always have to transfer files onto the hard drive to play them.

GT has an in-game manual that explains most things, so take a read through it for how things work. Off the top of my head, most content has a gift button at the bottom of its description, and you receive gifts in the "community" area.  A red flag will notify you that you have something new.

There was a 300-page Apex book, but I don't know if it is still available. The digital version was just released free, in Japan, in Japanese, so that might happen for the English version sometime in the future, but that is just a guess.

Message 53 of 217 (1,195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Hi MastrGT

I Set up my PS  Eye to try the Head Turn feature in the Game.  I was able to see myself ok and Calibrate the box

for Face Recognition.  in the setup I can move my head back and forth and the + moves ok.  

I get into the Game with a car on track, start driving and  turn my head, sway side to side and not really

any head turn happening...  I'm hoping the Head Turn lets me see the Cars coming in my Side mirrors.

Let my know if im missing something else...  Do you have any ideal adjustment numbers for setting this up

to work.. Do you use it?

Thanks,   Ron   Stamper 43

Message 54 of 217 (1,171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4562 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I think the head turn feature only works in Arcade mode.  Is that where you are trying it?

Message 55 of 217 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44511 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Right, it only works in Arcade Mode.

Message 56 of 217 (1,166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Opps... probably mentioned that in Manual. missed it.

Thanks  MastrGT    and  Oz

Message 57 of 217 (1,157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Hi MastrGT,

Please go over the steps to where I can gift a car and them keep it.

I understand about doing a Saved Data, and I put it on a flash drive.  and  then after that I can gift the car. which comes to recipent

as a Coupon to open.  Now with the Flashdrive and the Saved Data file that I did before gifting, What are the steps to get

the Save Data back in as the Main Saved  Data (above the Backed Up Data)  do you do a copy command on the Flashdrive 

and then can do a paste to the Game.. How do I go about that,, I dont want to loose the cars if I can keep from it.

Thanks,  Stamper43

Message 58 of 217 (1,083 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44511 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Yes, that is correct.

You either copy from the hard drive to the memory stick or start with the file on the stick (start with USB Device (stick name)) and copy it back to the console. Copying the wrong way could wipe out the file you want to keep, so read the direction carefully.

Message 59 of 217 (1,079 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Hi! I have a major problem with GT5's 2.10 update. The game is trapped in an endless loop on GT5 logo, just after the health message. I had deleted the game data from HDD and downloaded again; this time I did not download the 2.10 update, my gamesave is working fine this time, but I can't go online anymore. Please help me!
Message 60 of 217 (1,061 Views)
0 Likes