MVP Support
44796 posts

Re: "Help! I've got a problem..." Look here first!

Oct 12, 2011

Improving your network's quality seems to be a big help at resolving stubborn or unusual problems, so I accummulated some ideas in a new list of tips.

Message 10 of 217 (1,937 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 12, 2011

Additional steps you can try:

Ensure that the Modem and Router has been updated to the latest Firmware version, this is crucial.  To do this, you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider and/or Router Manufacturer.  Try downloading the update afterwards.

Add your PS3 system's ip address to the DMZ if you are  connected through a wireless connection, or you have a modem/router combo.  To add locate the IP addres, go to Settings > System Settings > System Information, or go to Settings > Network Settings > Settings and Connection Status List.

To add this IP address to your DMZ, you will need to contact either your Internet Service Provider or your Router Manufacturer.

Message 11 of 217 (1,937 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Oct 18, 2011

I've had this problem since launch, and PD redirects me to Sony, which has redirested me to here, so idk what the deal is with the bad customer service and passing the buck to someone else, but here I am hoping you can help, since they are obviously unconcerned eith their customer's issues once they have purchased their games. lol. (boooo) Anyway....

Gran Turismo 5 - personal background music, for menu and race, these do not stay in the position selected by the user. After setting them correctly, they will work and allow me to hear my personal music for a random amount of time before just switching back to the factory shipped music. I am getting really sick of this happening after almost EVERY race or sometimes even in a lobby between races, and I can't even enjoy the game anymore because this is so completely ridiculous that I am forced to listen to bad music despite my repeated selecting of my own music. I know this is a known bug and has been addressed on GTP and has been completely ignored and unaddressed for some time now. I find it insulting and frustrating beyond reason for this to happen every time I play the game. Sometimes PBM will work for 1 song, sometimes it works for 100, but it always fails. Every Single Time.I have read the Faq's and how PBM only works online in rooms with chat disabled, but that's not acurate either actually. It will often work in rooms with chat and rooms without chat, but doesn't stay working in either very well. Please tell me you have a working fix for this issue?

Message 12 of 217 (1,936 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44796 posts

Oct 18, 2011

Please post specific bugs in the bugs thread.

Message 13 of 217 (1,936 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 24, 2011

is anyone else having issues with the pitlane on the 9 hour a-spec endurance race? its ridiculous....if i touch the grass anywhere near pitlane....i get a 49mph drivethrough. when i TRY to pit.....the redbull 2010......it spins out and flys into the wall or goes in to the pit menu for a split second....then quits and gives me the drive through. i just spent 45 minutes cussing at my tv because the stupid game wouldnt let me pit and suspend. after about 30 trys i gave up and quit the damn race......2 hours in.....this track needs to be fixed..

Message 14 of 217 (1,936 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 24, 2011

I just did the same race with similar difficulties. had to enter the pit lane at the entrance at under 50mph. was able to pit ok, though it did kick me outta pit lane a time or two. also, I had tried to save this race the other day, which went ok, but when I went to resume, it was as if it had switched to b-spec. I had no control over my car. yet, there were no b-spec controls either ( no pace up/down, pit commands etc.) it just was racing by itself. I waited awhile, figuring it would pit when short on fuel, but it wouldnt enter pit lane. I finally gave up & resarted, completing the race in one sitting.

Message 15 of 217 (1,934 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Dec 5, 2011

In the spirit of the help thread I've written out the steps to create a static IP for the ps3. The information I'm about to give can be found on the Internet but as MaserGT has pointed out, many GT5 issues can be avoided by improving your connection so this cannot hurt.

1) Go to Settings in the main menu

2) Go to Network Settings

3) On the right select Settings and Connection Status list

4) Write down the IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Router

5) Go back to Network Settings

6) Select Internet Connection Settings

7) Click OK to Adjust Settings for Connection to Internet

8) Select Custom for the setup method

9) Choose wired or wireless depending on your connection method.

10) Select Manual Settings

11) You can auto-detect the speed and duplex settings.

12) Choose Manual in the IP Address settings screen

13) Now enter what will be your static IP address, this will closely resemble what it was before with the same three groups being the same, only the last octet should be different. For example: 192.168.1.30 to 192.168.1.118, it is arbitrary as long as it is different than anything in your routers dhcp range.

14) Enter the Default Router number and Subnet Mask copied in step 4.

15) Now you have to call your ISP and ask them for the DNS Servers that you will be using. There are two numbers, a primary and a secondary, rest assured they will know what you're talking about. Once they have provided them, make sure to put them in the right place.

16) MTU Settings should be automatic

17) Do not use a Proxy Server unless you know what one is and you have to.

18) Disable UPNP as it will now only conflict with the new static IP configuration

19) The ps3 should now recognize your new IP address unless something went wrong.

Port Forwarding is the next logical step in this process but the best information for that comes from portforwarding.com where they have a comprehensive list of routers and how to access them.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 217 (1,934 Views)
MVP Support
44796 posts

Dec 5, 2011

jaejsteele wrote:

15) Now you have to call your ISP and ask them for the DNS Servers that you will be using. There are two numbers, a primary and a secondary, rest assured they will know what you're talking about. Once they have provided them, make sure to put them in the right place.

18) Disable UPNP as it will now only conflict with the new static IP configuration

Thanks for contributing to our support info, jaejsteele!

Just an added tip: you don't have to use your ISP's DNS servers. You can get better protection and service from an independent DNS service, such as openDNS.com. I would recommend them over all other DNS services because of all of their extra services provided, availability and their reliability, etc. You make a simple change to your router and all networked devices are protected. (Not that this will affect setting up a static IP - just saying we have a better choice.)

If the console is set up on a static IP and UPnP is turned off, doesn't that preclude it being used as a media server (which requires DNLA & UPnP)?

Message 17 of 217 (1,935 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Dec 7, 2011

I could be wrong but disabling UPnP only limits the use of media devices that run upnp exclusively, as dnla is now the standard protocol I haven't run into anything that wouldn't work. Granted my requests of the ps3 have been limited to a bluetooth device and a pc running windows 7. I've never asked it to be a server  per say.

Thanks for the tip about DNS, I'll have to look into that when I get home.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 217 (1,938 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 9, 2012

I need help I upgraded my Gran Turismo 5 After the last update my list of car you are in my garage are all blocked! What should I do help me Thanks

Message 20 of 217 (1,939 Views)
0 Likes