Feb 27 2012
By: dirttdude First Son 15 posts

options for hosts

19 replies 70 views Edited Feb 27, 2012

i would  like to see more options for hosts regarding punishments for poor driving behavior, noncompliance of race course rules and similar problems. Currently the only option for punishment is to completely kick out and ban the 'problem driver'  from entering and participating on that course as long as the host is in control of it.

it would make many hosts happy if they had the ability to ban a driver for one or two or three races with no kick so that they can still watch races from within the room and continue to partisapate after the allotted punishment expires.

the same could be done the other way around... Say for example a host might see a need to kick the driver out but with no ban, that way the offending driver can 'Feel' the warning, another nice tool would be if hosts had the ability to lift bans,... 

those drivers that are familiar with mIRC know what I'm getting at and will most likely support the notion of more options for hosts

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Re: options for hosts

Feb 27, 2012

No I don't want GT5 anything like mIRC, 7thsphere has no place in gaming.  Booting is just fine.  Warn them by typing a msg, if they don't take notice, kick them.  If you want to give people "time outs" become a parent.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 27, 2012

perhaps i used a poor example, I agree Sir, I don't want GT5 anything like mIRC either. but if a Sim offers the ability to ban a participant, it certainly should include the ability to lift that ban.  the other controls i mentioned were after thoughts and i sincerely apologize for offending you.

I appreciate your incredibly rude insight and wisdom on your "time out" and "parenting" comment. You have taught me a powerful lesson. i can assure you that I will be limiting future posts on this forum from this day forward.

As a matter of fact, if anybody can help me remove this thread, i will be most grateful.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Feb 27, 2012

No prob, I wasn't offended, you asked a question I answered.  Didn't mean to offend you with my "rude insight and wisdom" or how that could possibly be considered that, but hey, to each their own.

If you think every answer that doesn't agree with your origional statement is wrong or attacking then it's going to be a rough ride on the internet for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 28, 2012

you said "If you want to give people "time outs" become a parent", that's considered rude because it's provocative and antagonistic, Had you said "a guy" or "somebody" it becomes neutral and theoretical...When a person singles somebody out by choosing the word "you" it is directed at the person they are talking to and hence,  making it personal.  I sincerly hope that helps you understand, If not I will be delighted to direct you to websters dictionary.

I totally respect that you don't agree with the premise of additional fundamental controls for Sim hosts,  what i don't respect is your tone.

you blatantly continue to search for buttons to push with remarks like "it's going to be a rough ride on the internet for you." when you had really already said enough. the additional remark was unnecessary and again,  provocative and antagonistic.   I like the internet just fine Sir, but i don't like rude behavior so much.    hope that addresses your concerns of my limiting posts on this forum... It's really nothing personal Sir,  Its just not that much fun talking to you.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2286 posts

Feb 28, 2012

I'd like to see autokick options for certain violations like driving the course in reverse direction or for that matter in reverse for more than the time it takes to get oneself out of a crash. The d-heads who think it's funny have all but made online miserable enough for me that I barely participate any more, and no, I don't have time to commit to a league unfortunately. That is, for certain violations, I don't wan to have to do anything more than setting the constraints. Once someone violates, boom they're gone automatically. If I have to perform continual monitoring, it's all but impossible to enjoy driving.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6630 posts

Feb 28, 2012

What I'd like Sony to implement is host controls for this Forum. That way when a person or persons act like a little baby or flame baits, or get all up in arms over the slightest thing, then I could kick them from this Forum. I would definitely accept time limitations for my kicking, or a limited amount of kick and bans per week. I'd like to know who to get in touch with to implement such a Feature.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Feb 28, 2012

more enthusiasm.bmp

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11928 posts

Feb 29, 2012

There's a lot that can be done to improve your GT5 racing experience without waiting for PD to update the game.

I've been racing GT5 (beginning with Prologue) online since 2008 and I've long since given up on trying to find good quality racing in public lobbies on a regular basis. It's just too much of a crap shoot. Even with the ability to better manipulate the people in the room, you'll still have to put up with someone's shinanigans until the point when you decide they need to be kicked out, at which point you'll have to abandon your race to do so. Hardly ideal.

What I have found is that with a little community participation and organization you can find dedicated groups of racers that are in to all kinds of racing at various skill levels. The Events section of this forum is a great place to start. People pre-plan what cars and track they will run so you can test and tune and be better prepared, and the rooms are either held in private lobbies or lobbies set to a specific number of participants so it's just the qualified drivers that can enter. It really does produce a far more enjoyable online experience to run coordinated races, and this is what it looks like:

photo DSOLOGOAwww5x2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 29, 2012

ahh, if you are referring to the brief off topic squabble between Mr. Freakind and my self, I agree and apologize Sir. I was acting like a baby and probably deserve a time out.  I will definitely heed your incredibly kind warning.

i concur with your position on implementing controls for moderation on this forum... what an incredibly difficult JOB you have. Thank you for your diligence, it is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (70 Views)
0 Likes