Message 11 of 38 (263 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45747 posts

Re: lambo nurburgring race

Nov 14, 2012

olschool1969 wrote:

i'm still in need of some assistance w tuning specifically the trans

A transmission can be adjusted pretty simply.

You won't be drafting much, so all you need to do is go for top speed. On the Nurburgring, you get that in two places, the fastest of which is the long straight near the finish. Get the best entry speed onto the straight that you can and look for your top speed at the far end. Adjust your final gear or 5/6th gear for the closest that you can get to it without hitting the rev limiter. You're done.

You can get fancier with the transmission later, such as by adjusting for using torque instead of power, but the above method works as a starting point for learning how to deal with any car.

Message 12 of 38 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 14, 2012
As MGT stated on the previous page, a lot of these one-lap battles is finding the (or your) breaking points (not braking Smiley Tongue ). Knowing which car you need to be infront of by which corner is important. For one, it saves you from finishing a whole lap and not coming close. Though I've not had a look at this particular event yet, I will do much the same. If I know I'm not at this point by this time, then I'll just quit out and start again. This'll save you a lot of time Smiley Wink
Photobucket
Message 13 of 38 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 14, 2012

if you're in need of credits, I suggest finishing the events even if you finish 2nd or worse.  later on you may feel like you don't need the cash so resetting a bunch of times won't really hurt you. 

but consider that if you are spending the time to do the challenge and reset it, it only takes a little more time to finish and then get paid while you're doing it.  makes sense.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 14 of 38 (242 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Nov 14, 2012
I always finish a race because I always have to learn and need cash.
Message 15 of 38 (236 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45747 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Hey, welcome back, Migagee!

Migagee is an Australian that travels a lot now and who is just getting back to GT.

We used to be neck and neck during time trial contests (well I like to think so Smiley Very Happy ).

I hope he can join in on some of our forum events, but he is in a different time zone.

Message 16 of 38 (226 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45747 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Whether you finish what you start or not can be a compromise.

On the Ring, that first mile can be a make-or-break deal. If you get it wrong, there is no point wasting over six more minutes of precious time, if you have lots of credits and know the car and track well.

If you still need to learn a course, then, sure, finish the lap; but if you are going for that crucial .729 of a second, your time may be better spent by doing things cleaner at the start.

Message 17 of 38 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4951 posts

Nov 14, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

Hey, welcome back, Migagee!

Migagee is an Australian that travels a lot now and who is just getting back to GT.

We used to be neck and neck during time trial contests (well I like to think so Smiley Very Happy ).

I hope he can join in on some of our forum events, but he is in a different time zone.

He just has to move to Canada like I did.

Message 18 of 38 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Fijiboi1989 is from Australia too.  He sometimes gets up VERY early to race in SCREAM which is at 12:00pm Eastern.

I gotta give him props for putting inthe effort!

and Oz, moving to Canadeeyuh just made you sound that much funnier when you talk Smiley Tongue

Hey, but I'm not a dumb ignorant American.  I've climbed the Australian Alps Smiley Very Happy  and one day hope to visit the Austrian Outback.... steakhouse.  Shving! (no wait, that's swiss... DOH!)

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 19 of 38 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 14, 2012

ok MGT is it me?attempt #500 in my gallardo 570hp 1414kg 550pp w\ only my fave tranny and susp settings added 5th place and gaining on 4th i manage albeit a sloppy pass on 4th on the final turn b4 the straight collect myself and surprisingly got a good look at the 3rd place muira finished just over +8sec i try to go again and **bleep** regulations breached 551pp 571hp any suggestions 

Message 20 of 38 (199 Views)
0 Likes