Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/24/2009
Offline
1953 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010

 


Ratfire wrote:

well, I was just thinking 1 map. Not the whole game.


Seems to me, you would be better suited to be playing Mario Kart, not GT. But that is just my opinoun.

 

Original username: Redrkt
Original reg date: 12/30/03


Redrkt RacingTPRA ForumsCustoms Sigs
Message 21 of 37 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/06/2007
Offline
3184 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010

Vermontster wrote:

HyperKat wrote:

I love how most people shoot down Ideas on this board.

 

*slow clap*

 

Could have just as easily said

"That Idea would not work with what Gran Turismo sets out to be, Sounds fun though!"


Ok, for you.

 

So sorry.   I really, really am,  but that idea would not work with what Gran Turismo sets out to be.  Sounds very childish and boring.

 

That any better? 

 

C'mon!  Its Gran Turismo we are talking about.    Not some blow 'em up racer.  Again.  GRAN TURISMO.  Damn right I'll shoot any idea down that includes explosions and fantasy jumps in GRAN TURISMO.  (Thats the real driving simulator,  in case you were unclear)

 


Seems a little harsh on the OP though. As they said it was "just an idea".

 

It's not like they came in saying, "GT is crap coz it's a simulator and it shouldn't be a simulator it should be more arcadey. Rant, rant, rant."

 

This is supposed to be a fair and friendly community. No matter how noobish someone is, you don't go blasting away into them just because they're not clued up. What opinion do you think the OP is going to have of this forum if their post is just shot down? Believe it or not, not EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING about Gran Turismo. Sure, it's a huge franchise but some people aren't into video games as much as we are.

 

Grow up.

I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race GT6 online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 22 of 37 (34 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/04/2007
Offline
4305 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010

 


calvins48 wrote:

Vermontster wrote:

HyperKat wrote:

I love how most people shoot down Ideas on this board.

 

*slow clap*

 

Could have just as easily said

"That Idea would not work with what Gran Turismo sets out to be, Sounds fun though!"


Ok, for you.

 

So sorry.   I really, really am,  but that idea would not work with what Gran Turismo sets out to be.  Sounds very childish and boring.

 

That any better? 

 

C'mon!  Its Gran Turismo we are talking about.    Not some blow 'em up racer.  Again.  GRAN TURISMO.  Damn right I'll shoot any idea down that includes explosions and fantasy jumps in GRAN TURISMO.  (Thats the real driving simulator,  in case you were unclear)

 


Seems a little harsh on the OP though. As they said it was "just an idea".

 

It's not like they came in saying, "GT is crap coz it's a simulator and it shouldn't be a simulator it should be more arcadey. Rant, rant, rant."

 

This is supposed to be a fair and friendly community. No matter how noobish someone is, you don't go blasting away into them just because they're not clued up. What opinion do you think the OP is going to have of this forum if their post is just shot down? Believe it or not, not EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING about Gran Turismo. Sure, it's a huge franchise but some people aren't into video games as much as we are.

 

Grow up.


Again Calvin, you always have that "X" option in the upper right hand coner of your screen if this forum and it's posters bother you that much. No need to insert yourself in every discussion that's not to your liking.

 

Message 23 of 37 (34 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 11/24/2008
Offline
461 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010

calvins48 wrote:

Vermontster wrote:

HyperKat wrote:

I love how most people shoot down Ideas on this board.

 

*slow clap*

 

Could have just as easily said

"That Idea would not work with what Gran Turismo sets out to be, Sounds fun though!"


Ok, for you.

 

So sorry.   I really, really am,  but that idea would not work with what Gran Turismo sets out to be.  Sounds very childish and boring.

 

That any better? 

 

C'mon!  Its Gran Turismo we are talking about.    Not some blow 'em up racer.  Again.  GRAN TURISMO.  Damn right I'll shoot any idea down that includes explosions and fantasy jumps in GRAN TURISMO.  (Thats the real driving simulator,  in case you were unclear)

 


Seems a little harsh on the OP though. As they said it was "just an idea".

 

It's not like they came in saying, "GT is crap coz it's a simulator and it shouldn't be a simulator it should be more arcadey. Rant, rant, rant."

 

This is supposed to be a fair and friendly community. No matter how noobish someone is, you don't go blasting away into them just because they're not clued up. What opinion do you think the OP is going to have of this forum if their post is just shot down? Believe it or not, not EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING about Gran Turismo. Sure, it's a huge franchise but some people aren't into video games as much as we are.

 

Grow up.


You need to pay more attention Calvin..  Again you failed to notice who I quoted. 

 

If you want to correct people, which you really seem to like to, then get it right.

 

Again, I will shoot down any idea that was like the OPs .  How hard is that for you to understand.  frigginknowitall

 

Let me quote you.  Grow up.


Photobucket


Message 24 of 37 (34 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/31/2010
Offline
137 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010

No I think he understands completely. like he said, A Fair and Friendly community. It's not fair to come at someone the way some of you did

for his Idea. And it's certainly not friendly. How many ideas that you may have had about something, got shot down the way you did his? It's

about treating people as equals, the same way you would like to be treated. Stunt driving is right up there with drifting, in terms of car control.

Maybe not to the extent the OP was talking about , but don't you think there will be jumps on some of the rally courses? You don't consider that fun? You are the one, Vermonster, that needs to "Pay More Attention".Your "apology" whether intentional or not, was laced with sarcasm. Last I

checked, someone jumped a rally car over a very long distance recently.........so the fantasy jump thing seems kind of a weak argument against his Idea.

Hyperkat sig
Message 25 of 37 (34 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 11/24/2008
Offline
461 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010

HyperKat wrote:

No I think he understands completely. like he said, A Fair and Friendly community. It's not fair to come at someone the way some of you did

for his Idea. And it's certainly not friendly. How many ideas that you may have had about something, got shot down the way you did his? It's

about treating people as equals, the same way you would like to be treated. Stunt driving is right up there with drifting, in terms of car control.

Maybe not to the extent the OP was talking about , but don't you think there will be jumps on some of the rally courses? You don't consider that fun? You are the one, Vermonster, that needs to "Pay More Attention".Your "apology" whether intentional or not, was laced with sarcasm. Last I

checked, someone jumped a rally car over a very long distance recently.........so the fantasy jump thing seems kind of a weak argument against his Idea.


Did I travel through a worm hole to a far off world.????

Am I not on the Gran Turismo forums.  The real driving simulator???

 

Yes, Kenny Block does some amazing distance jumps.  Go re read the OP.  It doesn't mention anything about that.  NO, its some 1000 foot drops and driving in loops like a roller coaster.   So, I guess, in my travels to this strange world that stuff is now ok to put into the real driving simulator.

 

You know what guys, I have a few playgrounds that I frequent,  I'm just going to take my ball over there.  Let me know when this becomes the Gran Turismo Forums again.

 

Hyperkat, I wasn't trying to apologize!!!  I know it was laced with sarcasm.  Did anyone else really have a hard time figuring that one out.  Sarcasm because I can't believe we are even having this discussion about FANTASY CRAP in Gran Turismo.


Photobucket


Message 26 of 37 (34 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/04/2007
Offline
4305 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010

 


HyperKat wrote:. Stunt driving is right up there with drifting,

You can say that again.

 

 

When private rooms become available you guys can flip, jump, slide or whatever til your hearts content but the majority of players around the world are very passionate about what they want from this game. Just good ole fashion door to door racing without all the shenanigans. The drifters ruined it for themselves early on until they learned to just pull over and let the field by before doing their thing. That's why whenever drifting or stunt driving are mentioned it's met with such disdain.

Message 27 of 37 (34 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/14/2009
Offline
703 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010

Vermontster wrote:

HyperKat wrote:

No I think he understands completely. like he said, A Fair and Friendly community. It's not fair to come at someone the way some of you did

for his Idea. And it's certainly not friendly. How many ideas that you may have had about something, got shot down the way you did his? It's

about treating people as equals, the same way you would like to be treated. Stunt driving is right up there with drifting, in terms of car control.

Maybe not to the extent the OP was talking about , but don't you think there will be jumps on some of the rally courses? You don't consider that fun? You are the one, Vermonster, that needs to "Pay More Attention".Your "apology" whether intentional or not, was laced with sarcasm. Last I

checked, someone jumped a rally car over a very long distance recently.........so the fantasy jump thing seems kind of a weak argument against his Idea.


Did I travel through a worm hole to a far off world.????

Am I not on the Gran Turismo forums.  The real driving simulator???

 

Yes,Kenny Block does some amazing distance jumps.  Go re read the OP.  It doesn't mention anything about that.  NO, its some 1000 foot drops and driving in loops like a roller coaster.   So, I guess, in my travels to this strange world that stuff is now ok to put into the real driving simulator.

 

You know what guys, I have a few playgrounds that I frequent,  I'm just going to take my ball over there.  Let me know when this becomes the Gran Turismo Forums again.

 

Hyperkat, I wasn't trying to apologize!!!  I know it was laced with sarcasm.  Did anyone else really have a hard time figuring that one out.  Sarcasm because I can't believe we are even having this discussion about FANTASY CRAP in Gran Turismo.


Not to start anything but  I think your speaking of Travis Pastrana and his world record jump....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jVxeP568L0....Wasnt really in a race,and usually in a WRC race its considered to be dangerouse to be airborn for any distance.Still it is billed as a Racing Simulator not really a Stunt Simulator,Besides the market is flooded with games like he (The OP) described so why would we want another? 

Photobucket
Message 28 of 37 (34 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/31/2010
Offline
137 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010
I like how you left out "in terms of car control." But because of your bad run in with a few "drifters", the rest of them get automatically kicked to the dog house? That's like treating you like a convicted killer, because a friend of mine got hit by a drunk driver in a corvette. You didn't have anything to do with it, but does that make it right to treat you differently?
Hyperkat sig
Message 29 of 37 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/04/2009
Offline
1695 posts
 

Re: just an idea

Sep 5, 2010

Message 30 of 37 (34 Views)