Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 03 2010
By: Ratfire First Son 6 posts

just an idea

36 replies 27 views Edited Sep 3, 2010

I was thinking it would be cool IF gran turismo had just one non-realistic map. A map like from the movie "Speed Racer." There could be HUGE jumps, by huge I mean drops of Thousands of feet. You could drive on loops, go extremely fast, get shot out of cannons, the map could look like in speed racers. All lit up. You could even have a track on the roof tops of new york city. You go jump after jump on the roofs of skyscrapers at night. This is just an Idea.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 37 (27 Views)
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Re: just an idea

Sep 3, 2010

um no then it wouldnt be GT

120GB PS3 Slim to 320GB upgraded Hardrive.

" LG 55" 1080p 55LH40 LCD

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 3, 2010

You know Hot Wheels makes games like that so maybe go pitch some more ideas to them and they may continue to make those tracks for you

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Sep 4, 2010

Ratfire wrote:

I was thinking it would be cool IF gran turismo had just one non-realistic map. A map like from the movie "Speed Racer." There could be HUGE jumps, by huge I mean drops of Thousands of feet. You could drive on loops, go extremely fast, get shot out of cannons, the map could look like in speed racers. All lit up. You could even have a track on the roof tops of new york city. You go jump after jump on the roofs of skyscrapers at night. This is just an Idea.

Alright Burnout GT5 SPEC Never
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 4, 2010

No thinks! I will leave that to my 6 year old!

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Sep 4, 2010

Ratfire wrote:

Why do I want "the real driving" simulator to become "the real circus" simulator.

Thousand foot drops and cannon shots?? really??  Young man, this game is for people who want as real a racing simulator as they can get.

Sounds like you have an itch for the new Twisted Metal.  Be patient, thats comming.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Sep 4, 2010

I love how most people shoot down Ideas on this board.

*slow clap*

Could have just as easily said

"That Idea would not work with what Gran Turismo sets out to be, Sounds fun though!"

Hyperkat sig
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 37 (27 Views)
Fender Bender
3140 posts

Sep 4, 2010

HyperKat wrote:

*slow clap*

"That Idea would not work with what Gran Turismo sets out to be, Sounds fun though!"

I know what you mean.

I'm not 48. | Editor in Chief for the TPRA News.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Check out tunerspit.com for some of the best league racing anywhere!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 37 (27 Views)
Last Guardian
11945 posts

Sep 4, 2010
I think maybe BLUR is the game that might best suit your interests. It's a car combat, arcade racer, that uses real world cars instead of fictional ones.

GT has a very clinical, serious approach to racing. There's a big gap between the GT philosophy and what you're asking for.
 photo DSOLOGOAwww5x2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 37 (27 Views)
Fender Bender
4305 posts

Sep 4, 2010

calvins48 wrote:

HyperKat wrote:

*slow clap*

I know what you mean. (knocking the forum yet again  )

It is what it is fellas. You guys always have that "X" tab option in the upper right hand corner of your screen if this forum and it's posters bother you that much.

Gran Turismo and it's passionate fans are all about an accurate racing/driving experience which doesn't include fantasy. Sorry but no thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 37 (27 Views)