Highlighted
May 30 2012
By: GrimReaper4383 Umbrella Scientist 13759 posts

idea for a future update for gt5

7 replies 331 views Edited May 30, 2012

i just got an idea for a future update. instead of having to buy 1 car at a time. they should allow us to check what cars we want to buy at one time. instead of having to go back & forth after buying a car.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Grim%20Reaper
Message 1 of 8 (331 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Re: idea for a future update for gt5

May 30, 2012

I have not started buying cars yet but that would seem like a good idea.  I guess i thought there was already a way to do that.

Message 2 of 8 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

May 31, 2012

Currently, every time you buy a vehicle, whether from the NCD, OCD, or UCD, as soon as you buy whatever vehicle you are automatically returned to the GT Life screen, where you then have to repeat the car-buying process by selecting whichever dealership again, which is rather annoying.

Here's what I'd like to see :

Implement a feature for the track editor where you can take different sections of the existing tracks, including the DLC tracks (provided that you HAVE those tracks), and combine them...would make for some very interesting custom track layouts - I think anyway lol.

Revamped paint process where you can see what the car will look like prior to painting...say you wanna repaint your R390 Road car - the current color is Passionate Pink...you decide to make it Blackish Red Pearl...the car re-appears in the new color along with the option to either continue painting, or abort - aborting would allow you to keep the chip you just used and let you choose a different one while the car reverts back to the pink color. Choosing continue would then take you through the painting process making the car the new color and you would then "lose" whatever chip u chose. We also need the ability to repaint the race cars. I can just see myself zipping along in my Powder Blue CLK Touring Car lol.

Revamped car dealer - When at the GT Life screen, instead of having to either go to the NCD or UCD separately, instead, have a single dealership icon on the GT Life screen...then you go to say...the Toyota dealership - there would be 2 options - one for preemie vehicles, and the other one for the standard models. Simply do this for all of the vehicles in the game (not including the Chromeline and Stealth models) - this would be really handy if you're trying to get a rare vehicle like the Bentley. You still might not be able to buy it due to not enough credits, but you wouldn't have to wait several days for it to pop up again.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 3 of 8 (331 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 24, 2012

good idea but what about yellow flags in gt5? i keep losing races when i spin out soooo y not yellow flags?

Message 4 of 8 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Aug 26, 2012

gamer23467 wrote:

good idea but what about yellow flags in gt5? i keep losing races when i spin out soooo y not yellow flags?

Tune your car so you don't spin, or quit mashing the gas, or remap your shoulder buttons to Gas and Brake.........

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 5 of 8 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 26, 2012
I just want slicker menus. It takes 6 clicks for you to buy a car from the ucd from the menu and it constantly sends you back to the menu (,_,)
"Art is only art if you truly enjoy it"- Sonny Moore.
Want a good shootout on gt5? Let me know.
Message 6 of 8 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Yes an update....

It as been a long time since the last update so...

I don't remember the last update, was it before the academy or after???

It seem to me that PD as left GT5 to focus on GT6... Hope not, if so i hope that it wiil be out soon.

Maybe GT6 will be an update...

If not does anybody have a clue on the date for the next update or DLC whatever.

Please PD give us Endurance races. 24 minutes is not enough...
Message 7 of 8 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 25, 2012
All of these are great ideas. Especially the multi-select when buying cars. It takes almost 40 seconds to buy one car once you've selected purchase! That's insane! Being taken back to the menu every time you buy a car drives me insane when i'm buying multiple cars from the used car lot. I also like the idea of yellow flags. That sounds quite interesting.
Message 8 of 8 (229 Views)
0 Likes