Feb 02 2013
By: rxskdz First Son 8 posts

gt5 glitch? *RESOLVED*

[ Edited ]
17 replies 319 views Edited Feb 5, 2013

so ive had gt5 just over 1 week, a noob lol.. i love the game an spent most my time learning to drift online. up untill today, i had been host of games and in other hosts games without issue, 10h+ lobbies.... the problem is nw everytime  i enter a lobby i can play perfectly fine as long as no one else enters the lobby/game. once another player joins every car around me freezes(somtimes 10 cars) and im the only one still able 2 drive.. but this isnt the case. im being left behind as the 10 other cars are moved somhow to a diffrent track with the person who joins. i can still chat to every1 after this happens which is whats so strange. returning to lobby it says im still there but doesnt show as anyone racing, but they actualy are. re entering a race wont work to fix either, i fully have to leave the lobby an reload it only to get a few minutes play before it does it again?? frustrating as hell. 

what ive tried so far is deleted installed gt5 whch u can do in the game settings, deleted al gt5 from the system which needs reinstalling the 2.8 gb basics an the 2.10 (i think?) update afterwards, no success.

any help with this would be great, or if i should consider using the ps3 warrenty as a fault of some sort

thanks

Message 1 of 18 (319 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3108 posts

Re: gt5 glitch? PLEASE HELP!

Feb 2, 2013

sounds like a router issue.  what nat type does the game say you are using when you connect?  Nat 3 is a problem.

Follow the tips in MastrGT's Help thread here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/quot-Help-quot-If-you-have-a-prob...

Also do a web search for "PS3 port forwarding (your router brand)" and open the ports in your router.

If you eliminate all those possibilities you SHOULD find your online experiance improved greatly.  If not post more specific details (router type, connection speed, wired or wireless, etc. and hopefully somebody here can help you figure it out.

Message 2 of 18 (313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 2, 2013

thx 4 fast reply. 

my nat type is 2 but for some reason i think it was open at some stage and had a 1 in top right corner, its nw a 2 an my nats type2 nw. i cant confirm as i didnt take much notice.. iv been reading the help an it all points 2 conection which is odd as has been great. as for port forwarding ill have ago at tht tomorrow an see hw it goes. im using wireless and noway of using cable..

Message 3 of 18 (309 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42975 posts

Feb 2, 2013

If it was working before and nothing changed in your router, then I seriously doubt closed ports would have been the cause, especially if the problem ends up being temporary.

Message 4 of 18 (306 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3219 posts

Feb 2, 2013
Top right corner?

Hate to say this, but could you be looking at the date?

Hope you fix your problems though...
Message 5 of 18 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 2, 2013

If his NAT type is 3 tomorrow and 4 on Sunday then you might be on to something about the date.  The date is the only reason I can see it switching from 1 to 2 without a major change in how he's connected.  He also mentioned that he is connected wirelessly.  That could be a big part of his problem right there.

DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Message 6 of 18 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

Go into the Network Settings on your PS3 and see what your NAT type says, should say 2.  Reset your router and modem.  Check the Nat type again, then do a connection test within the Network Settings on your PS3.  Make sure everything connects ok and says Succeeds. (Reply back and tell us what your connection speeds are for download and upload).  Start up the game then go into Settings and clear the Cache.  Then see what happens when you get online and try to play.

How fast of internet do you pay for?  How long has it been since you've reset your equipment?

My suggestion, if at all possible, is to hard wire your PS3 to your router via eithernet cable.  Wireless may be convenient, but is not as fast or reliable, especially for online gaming.  Optimal upload speed for online gaming should be at least 2 Mbps for the PS3.  My service is probably average, I just did a speed test on my PC and they were 36.43 Mbps download, and upload was 6.46 Mbps.

If you've done all the above and still have issues, then you need to make sure your router isn't blocking the connection, so check into which ports need forwarded, and if your router has a firewall, make sure it's not trying to block the connection either.

The issue may just be your wireless connection isn't fast enough and/or the internet service speeds you pay for aren't fast enough either.  Since you haven't mentioned these details, I'm just guessing.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 7 of 18 (282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 2, 2013

ok thx all, an yes i was looking at the date lol. my nat is type2. 

i check again this morning and problems still there, not tempory atm ;( 

will do the connection test when i get home, my internet is sapose 2 be high speed broadband, and most the time gt5 tells me i have high connection. altho ethernet cable would be nice i live outside the main house, would mean having to run cable along the floor, out a window which i cannot do.. 

as for port forwarding stuff im gna study up on it. 

anyone think it may have somthuing to do with dodgy hardware?

Message 8 of 18 (257 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42975 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Anything is possible, at the moment. Narrowing down the possibilities will really help.

Message 9 of 18 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

I agree with MastrGT.  I have heard of absolutely no other person who has had the problems you seem to be having so I can't see how it's the game.  Unless you have a faulty PS3 that can't hold a wireless connection, the problem has to be your network/internet service.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 10 of 18 (241 Views)
0 Likes