Dec 12 2010
By: dude-icle First Son 30 posts

do AI cars sustain damage when I level up?

8 replies 15 views Edited Dec 12, 2010

I haven't leveled up far enough to see any damage, I think i'm at 12 or 13.  Anyways, the AI cars are really starting to get frustrating.  Today one of them brake-checked me AFTER the corner on the straight.... guess which car went in the rhubarb?  I got mad and T-boned the first AI I could.... as hard as I could....  didn't affect it much.  It would be nice if physics affected the AI cars a little more accurately. 

Message 1 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Re: do AI cars sustain damage when I level up?

Dec 12, 2010

dude-icle wrote:

I haven't leveled up far enough to see any damage, I think i'm at 12 or 13.  Anyways, the AI cars are really starting to get frustrating.  Today one of them brake-checked me AFTER the corner on the straight.... guess which car went in the rhubarb?  I got mad and T-boned the first AI I could.... as hard as I could....  didn't affect it much.  It would be nice if physics affected the AI cars a little more accurately. 

interesting question for the AI don't take damage like the cars we drive, go figure

Message 2 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
260 posts

Dec 12, 2010

If you want to hurt them now just wait until Extreme level!

I think the AI is immune to damage. I just try to stay away from the suckers because I don't want them to make my car slower by damaging it.

Message 3 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
482 posts

Dec 12, 2010

I rammed an AI car from behind at 250kmph. I lost control and went spinning off into a barricade. It didn't even budge. I swear they are stuck on preditermed paths and nothing you do affects them. They act as if I'm not even on the track. The stupidest AI I have ever seen in a racing game in a long time.

Message 4 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Dec 12, 2010

I can confirm that they do. I was racing the Like the Wing series and one of the AI opponents got bumped in the rear during a clump session in one of the corners causing his rear wing to get mangled. He couldn't stay out of the dirt afterwards. 

Message 5 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Dec 12, 2010

See how they love to pit maneuver you? Try doing that to them, they have such great recovery powers they'll only slide a few feet and then be back on their line. The only way to throw them off is to force them off the track.

Message 6 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 12, 2010

I managed to bend the rear wing on the 787 Mazda one race by accident.

Message 7 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 13, 2010

I know the AI takes damage.  But I think it takes damage at the level of the race your in.  So you could be taking damage at level 40 while the AI is only taking damage at level 17.

Message 8 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 13, 2010

on nurburgring, a r8 was slowing down a 787b and i was using the minolta and i smash the 787b so hard that it did a front flip over the r8.

it it finish 9th lol

Message 9 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes