Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Re: X2010 - Lamest thing to ever happen to Gran Turismo

Jan 4, 2011

Man i need to see this car on the wall. it will shatter all my dreams from GT5.

PS3- Metal Gear Solid Bundle(80GB)
Move Bundle(320GB)
Waiting for Socom 4!!!
Message 11 of 53 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Actually There are Cars that have enough down force to drive up side down by ,,The sealen S7 , The Ruf CTR 3 ( In which I own )

Any car that can Reach a speed of 360 Kph Could generate the down force needed to ride up side down ,,,,Provided it has the the Aerodynamics and Right type of spoilers

Its your Basic Physics ,,,Here is how it works

The Car has flaps  all around the under side  ( side and Bumper under Script ) ,,,,What these flaps do is a cause the air under neath the car to pull the Car down on the road ,,,This prevents the the car from hydro planning ,,,,The air going over the car pushes the car down down further forcing the car to stay on the ground ,,,,

Take a car like a Dodge charger with out side skirts and front and back Bumper  skirts and no spoiler  going 360Kph ,,,It will hydro Plane and Cause the car to lift right off the ground and make it spin out

Message 12 of 53 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Jan 4, 2011

FTR, that's not my video. That's Gar529, a long time member of the TPRA, the guy who won the trip to meet Tanner Foust, back in the prologue days, and my pick to win GT Academy.

DriverSports.org
Message 13 of 53 (40 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Very good sir, very good.  What cool tires on that Nike car though....... 

I wish I could remember which chassis it was for sure but I believe it was the F2007 that was said to generate enough downforce that it would stick to the ground if fully inverted and a speed BELOW 100mph..........  I know other F1 cars have been able to generate this potential "defiance of gravity" as well, but it was closer to the speeds stated above in a post(closer to 150 than 100) and this was after they had been "reducing" downforce with a little more intensity.  Gotta love technology.

To the OP, do you "own" one of the X2010's?  If so let's work out a trade for it if you don't want to retain ownership..

Happy Motoring !

First rule of Italian driving, "That which is behind you is not important."
Message 14 of 53 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1924 posts

Jan 4, 2011

skidbubbler's just mad cuz he aint got one.

dont be a hater.

the X2010 is actually a simulator concept. it takes all the physics that are applied, and made it real in a simulator.

ask Sebastien Vettel what he thought of it.

Oh, and you've seen "pictures"?

Have you ever heard of Photoshop?

I've seen videos of kids altering train tracks to make a locomotive do a loop-de-loop on video. That HAS GOT to be real, right? I mean...I saw it...on the internet...it's TRUE, isn't it?

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, the word "simulation" BY DEFINITION is:

"

sim·u·la·tion

Show Spelled

–noun
imitation or enactment, as of something anticipated or in testing.

the act or process of pretending; feigning.

an assumption or imitation of a particular appearance or form; counterfeit; sham.

Psychiatry . a conscious attempt to feign some mental or physical disorder to escape punishment or to gain a desired objective.

the representation of the behavior or characteristics of one system through the use of another system, esp. a computer program designed for the purpose.
My garage

http://www.mygranturismo.net/1724

Drafting? Draft this!

Message 15 of 53 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3647 posts

Jan 4, 2011

satenh wrote:

Actually There are Cars that have enough down force to drive up side down by ,,The sealen S7 , The Ruf CTR 3 ( In which I own )

Any car that can Reach a speed of 360 Kph Could generate the down force needed to ride up side down ,,,,Provided it has the the Aerodynamics and Right type of spoilers

Its your Basic Physics ,,,Here is how it works

The Car has flaps  all around the under side  ( side and Bumper under Script ) ,,,,What these flaps do is a cause the air under neath the car to pull the Car down on the road ,,,This prevents the the car from hydro planning ,,,,The air going over the car pushes the car down down further forcing the car to stay on the ground ,,,,

Take a car like a Dodge charger with out side skirts and front and back Bumper  skirts and no spoiler  going 360Kph ,,,It will hydro Plane and Cause the car to lift right off the ground and make it spin out

this is pretty much incorrect explanation. for one thing, hydro planing is when your car "skips" so to say across the surface of water because you drive over a puddle to fast. i could give a more detailed explanation but i don't feel like it and its unrelated

how downforce works:

down force in cars is basically the concept of lift on planes and thrown in reverse. all sports/race car bodies are aerodynamically designed to have a small air resistance and there for it is less effort for the engine to push the car allowing the car to reach a higher top speed. all of the fins and wings and so forth are designed to force air upwards and according to the laws of physics every action has an equal an opposite reaction so when the fins and wings force the air upwards, the car gets pushed downwards. also, in a sports/race car you want as little air under it as you can get (this is why fan cars are so good and so effective). when you have less air under the car then you do on top of the car it causes a low pressure zone. the car doesn't actually get sucked to the road it gets pushed down because their is more pressure on top of the car than the bottom.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 53 (40 Views)
Fender Bender
3647 posts

Jan 4, 2011

skidbubble wrote:

Am I reading that correctly, he did Nurburgring in 3:29 (didn't watch the video due to cr@ppy internet connection).

yes indeed, Gar is a god

Photobucket
Message 17 of 53 (40 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Jan 4, 2011

And he has raised the bar with a 3'22.xxx. 

http://www.tunerspit.com
Message 18 of 53 (40 Views)
Wastelander
907 posts

Jan 4, 2011

That would be fine if they did so on a track that is designed for the X1.  But having an X1 race on a regular track would be no different than a demolition derby (in GT5 and real life).  And not very fun if winning was necessary to progress through the game.  It is already tough enough for us mortals to get through the NASCAR and F1 races.

Photobucket
Message 19 of 53 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Prototypes are routinely tested on simulators in the automotive and aviation industries long before they are built. I haven't reached this part of the game yet, but I for one am excited to see Adrian Newey's take on a throw-away-the-rules car.

(and don't drive it if you don't like it)

Message 20 of 53 (40 Views)