Jan 04 2011
By: skidbubble Lombax Warrior 103 posts

X2010 - Lamest thing to ever happen to Gran Turismo

52 replies 74 views Edited Jan 4, 2011

Gran Turismo 5 is supposed to be "The Real Driving Simulator" yet they decide to introduce the most ridiculous vehicle ever thought of. People are now posting pics of this car driving sideways on vertical walls, almost upside down, on wire fences, etc... there is absolutely nothing "real" about that. In fact, it's lame. There is no way a car is going to be able to drive on a wall. This game is otherwise awesome, fun and enjoyable to play. I'm glad there are 999 other cars to choose from besides the X2010.

Message 1 of 53 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Re: X2010 - Lamest thing to ever happen to Gran Turismo

Jan 4, 2011

in theory with enough downforce a person should be able to drive upside down. i believe f1 cars generate enough df at 150mph or so to supposedly do it.  but i could just be way off in left field here.

Message 2 of 53 (74 Views)
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Jan 4, 2011

You are correct, hey.  If you could get the car onto a wall/ceiling without wrecking it, it would stick like glue.

http://www.tunerspit.com
Message 3 of 53 (74 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jan 4, 2011

its perfectly possible for a car with such extreme aerodynamical awesomness to do that...of course no one has been insane enough to try it im sure. Everything about the car was based on REAL technology, just unrestricted technology, everything, regardless of its purpose is restricted, so how can you say its "unrealistic" if someone has yet to biuld it. im sure there were many who thought the notion of human flight was "unrealistic" as well. but thats just my opinion.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 53 (74 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Jan 4, 2011

and the nike concept in gt4 was so realistic? it's a screw around car. don't like it? don't drive it. pretty simple if you ask me.

Message 5 of 53 (74 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 4, 2011

well to OP, how do you expect a game to calculate all the physics characteristics PD has formulated for their physics model for up to 16 cars, render beautiful graphics (most of the time) and all the other goodies that are going on in the game we don't see, AND cause a car to completely rip itself apart, not to mention the guard rails and other scnenery when one crashes into the wall?  That's the only way to prevent someone from basically "cheating" and sliding around doing stunts like what you're frustrated with and call "lame".

We'll have to wait for the next gen system before we'll see anything like this, and even then there is no guarentee that game developers will spend their resources creating consequences for this type of game-engine manipuation...

You could make your own game though?  Then you'd have total control.

The x1 is a novelty, not a serious race car.  Use it, be entertained by it, impressed by it, then go get in a real car and play the actual game... that's what it's for.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 6 of 53 (74 Views)
Sackboy
420 posts

Jan 4, 2011

http://www.discoverychannel.ca/Article.aspx?aid=13512

It's at least theoretically possible. The only lame and unrealistic part is how it could get onto the fence to begin with and still be intact. Usually fences and hyper-cars don't mix well.

Message 7 of 53 (74 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12272 posts

Jan 4, 2011

1 car does not make or break the game. Don't like it? Don't drive it, and don't go in to unrestricted online races. Don't worry about how other people are enjoying the game. They are obviously enjoying it.

The X1 is a serious challenge to tame, as a driver, so I welcome it.

Gives you something to shoot for.

DriverSports.org
Message 8 of 53 (74 Views)
Sackboy
586 posts

Jan 4, 2011

My only complaint about the X2010 is that there are no other X2010 cars to race against. Well, that's not really a complaint, it's more of a wish list. I think it would be cool to see other X2010 cars in different colors racing against each other. Either in A-Spec or B-Spec would be nice.

I am surprise Sony or PD did not come up with that idea.

Designed By: Landon Luu

Message 9 of 53 (74 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Jan 4, 2011

nice interpretation!

PS3- Metal Gear Solid Bundle(80GB)
Move Bundle(320GB)
Waiting for Socom 4!!!
Message 10 of 53 (74 Views)
0 Likes