Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Re: Wish GT5 would consider adding Formula 1 Racing Danica Patrick win in Japan

Aug 25, 2009

Pyro6000 wrote:

Sven-RIT wrote:
Indy Car ? Formula 1

In the same token, Formula 1 ? Indy Car.

That's what I said. Ever hear of the commutative property?

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:
Let me put it this way, If more than one game developer can have rights to the same manufacturer's vehicles, then why not the same racing venue?

Because the FIA is retarded about their licensing deals. I'm not sure that they've *ever* let current season F1 cars appear outside of dedicated F1 games.
Message 11 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Aug 25, 2009
Hope atleast they would put F1.08 or to be more exciting the controversial "Mp4/22"
PSN: Montoya6k
--------------------
PS3 80GB - White Ceramic
RE5/MGS4/DMC4/GT5/GT4/GTAIV/VChronicles/KZ2
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4755/signature9ol19ao2vy2id7.png
Message 12 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Aug 25, 2009
Man, I love the F1.08. It's so beautiful. I've got a 1:18 scale die-cast model of it. I'd have a field day with it in photomode.
Message 13 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Aug 25, 2009

Sven-RIT wrote:

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:
Let me put it this way, If more than one game developer can have rights to the same manufacturer's vehicles, then why not the same racing venue?

Because the FIA is retarded about their licensing deals. I'm not sure that they've *ever* let current season F1 cars appear outside of dedicated F1 games.

Who said anything about the "Current" Season?  Why couldn't all of the F1 cars be circa 2007?  (see what i'm gettin' at?) It Could work....and believe me. PD is smart enough to make it happen if it is at all possible.Smiley Wink 

Just a thought.Smiley Wink   Oh, and what the heck,  Do I care if I'm driving a 2007 McLaren or a 2009 - hell no.  They're all wicked fast.Smiley Wink

Cordially,

Message Edited by GT_ALLSTAR_47 on 08-25-2009 01:53 PM
Message 14 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Aug 25, 2009

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:
Who said anything about the "Current" Season? Why couldn't all of the F1 cars be circa 2007? (see what i'm gettin' at?) It Could work....and believe me. PD is smart enough to make it happen if it is at all possible.Smiley Wink

Just a thought.Smiley Wink Oh, and what the heck, Do I care if I'm driving a 2007 McLaren or a 2009 - hell no. They're all wicked fast.Smiley Wink

I just used that as an example of how restrictive the FIA (and FOM) is with their licensing agreements. Clearly non-current F1 cars are fair game, I'm just doubtful that you'll see any actual "Formula 1®" licensing in the game. At least not until Bernie Ecclestone goes away. There'll probably be some championship in the career mode involving F1 cars, but it won't be called "Formula 1® World Championship." But hey, I could be wrong. Until GT5 Prologue, all the F1 cars in GT weren't even officially licensed cars, so maybe change is on the way?

P.S. I am aware that WRC is also an FIA venture, but it is not governed by FOM and Bernie Ecclestone.
Message 15 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Aug 25, 2009

Sven-RIT wrote:

P.S. I am aware that WRC is also an FIA venture, but it is not governed by FOM and Bernie Ecclestone.

I thought there was a scandal in the FIA last year about the bondage...Oh, wait that was Max, not Bernie..LOL. got my "players" mixed up. 

Cordially,

Message 16 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Aug 26, 2009
Hope that Fugly Bernie eccelestone get his mind up, because PD/Sony is one of the most valuable assest for formula one industry, and i believe PD is one of the company that can replicate a real f1 car into the game itself by the way it handles etc.., and i think Polypony Digitals deserve that fia f1 license more than code masters. (Look what codemasters did their for psp!) its certified crap game of the year.!
Message Edited by montoya6k on 08-25-2009 08:35 PM
PSN: Montoya6k
--------------------
PS3 80GB - White Ceramic
RE5/MGS4/DMC4/GT5/GT4/GTAIV/VChronicles/KZ2
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4755/signature9ol19ao2vy2id7.png
Message 17 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Aug 26, 2009

Sven-RIT wrote:

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:
Who said anything about the "Current" Season? Why couldn't all of the F1 cars be circa 2007? (see what i'm gettin' at?) It Could work....and believe me. PD is smart enough to make it happen if it is at all possible.Smiley Wink

Just a thought.Smiley Wink Oh, and what the heck, Do I care if I'm driving a 2007 McLaren or a 2009 - hell no. They're all wicked fast.Smiley Wink

I just used that as an example of how restrictive the FIA (and FOM) is with their licensing agreements. Clearly non-current F1 cars are fair game, I'm just doubtful that you'll see any actual "Formula 1®" licensing in the game. At least not until Bernie Ecclestone goes away. There'll probably be some championship in the career mode involving F1 cars, but it won't be called "Formula 1® World Championship." But hey, I could be wrong. Until GT5 Prologue, all the F1 cars in GT weren't even officially licensed cars, so maybe change is on the way?

Yeah that's my point... we're talking the FIA here.  They'll reason (likely) "we'll have F1 on all platforms by 1st quarter of 2010 with Codemasters, so we don't need those Poly chaps".  I can certainly see other season cars in GT5, but not present cars.  But really, let's face it, most of us will end up owning both games anyway.

On the Ferrari in GT5P... that came about during a period when there was no 'present' season game for F1

While we can state to PD that we'd like them to fork out the $ to put F1 in GT5, I wouldn't get too hooked on the idea.  Pleasant surprise is better the bitter disappointment.

Message Edited by cmb70 on 08-26-2009 01:54 PM
Message 18 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Aug 26, 2009

cmb70 wrote:
On the Ferrari in GT5P... that came about during a period when there was no 'present' season game for F1
True, but the F2007 in GT5P wasn't a current season car anyway, at the time it came out.
Message 19 of 25 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
70 posts

Aug 26, 2009

It's cars in the Indy series that are mostly spec and F1 cars vary wildly, even if 90% of the outer appearance looks the same. Codemasters has the official license for F1 titles coming to PS3 and X360 in 2010, so it would be highly unlikely GT5 would have it as well. It is true the F2007 isn't a current model-- however, when GTP5 came out in early 2008, the 2008 model wouldn't have been finalized early enough to be rendered into the game, thus we got the F2007. There are also major business/political issues regarding how Ferrari handles it's "obsolete" models, but I could waste an hour trying to talk about that.

In terms of what would be more 'fun'/faster to race, what the average player wants (even if they don't know it) is F1-type cars. They don't have the top speed of the Indy machines without massive aero modifications, but the handing charactistics are far better. There's a reason F1 is considered the pinnacle in motorsport and the highest level of open-wheel racing. In GT3 and 4 the "Formula GT" endgame event wasn't run with machines that were quite F1-type... they had the absurd power of the V12 F1 era but the handling of a GP2 series car. They were harshly unstable to drive and the F2007 acts a lot more like an open-wheeled car should.

It'd be nice to have different teams' versions of F1 machines, but even a series of just the F2007 would work fine as an end-game thing. The 2007 cars were the last with traction control, so this way you can even leave it on while playing and say you're not stretching the rules! It'd be damn hard to have any series in GT5 of a 2003-8 spec F1 machine versus a 2009... the cars are just so so different this year in every measurable way besides the engines. On slow tracks the F60 (current Ferrari) performs better because of its 80hp hybrid power boost system and slick tyres, but on the faster tracks the F2007 would cough up better times. The one advantage we have going for us in GT games is that we can race on the original circuits in the championship and not just the real-world tracks in the official F1 games. Tracks like El Capitan and TR246 in the GT4 series felt absolutely awesome to drive instead of the more bland GP circuits like Bahrain and Shanghai they could have put in.

What tracks might we have the most fun on with the F2007 or other F1 machines in the full game? In short, we have 2 of the 'biggest' already with Monaco and Suzuka. Just give me Spa and Monza and I'll be entertained 'til the end of time with just those 4 tracks.

As for Danica? She's claimed she has no interest in F1, and there have been no known talks with the new USF1 (or USGPE) team for 2010. Even the team principle says she's not the type of driver they're looking for.

Message 20 of 25 (51 Views)