Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 02 2010
By: ketiux First Son 13 posts

Will GT5 have fuel loads and pitstops?

23 replies 37 views Edited Feb 2, 2010
Hi, I was wondering if GT5 will have (like GT3) fuel loads and play a part in the game where handling of the car changes as well as lap times. This would really spice things up on the game!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41128 posts

Re: Will GT5 have fuel loads and pitstops?

Feb 2, 2010
Welcome to the GT forum, ketiux!

It's too early to tell just what we'll get or how it will be implemented.

Getting pitstops is almost assured, though, based on old versions of GT and pictures we've seen.

Cheers,
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3545 posts

Feb 2, 2010

Pitstops will probably be like in previous GT games.  Mostly for longer endurance races where your tires are the only things your making a pit stop for.  Be nice if I was wrong and you had to come in for fuel as well and if your car got damage you would come in to fix some of the damage which would gain you back some handling.

I think PD focuses most and car physics, then the looks of the car, lastly race enviornment making sure it looks good graphically.  Pit stops, car damage, etc is all secondary and not as important.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
508 posts

Feb 2, 2010
With them adding Nascar, you gotta be able to pit for that much needed Duct Tape repair.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 2, 2010
I would say yes b/c they were already in gt4, just hope during replay it doesnt lock into the in-car view
Photobucket
The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but rising everytime we fall
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (37 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1902 posts

Feb 2, 2010

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

Pitstops will probably be like in previous GT games.  Mostly for longer endurance races where your tires are the only things your making a pit stop for.  Be nice if I was wrong and you had to come in for fuel as well and if your car got damage you would come in to fix some of the damage which would gain you back some handling.

I think PD focuses most and car physics, then the looks of the car, lastly race enviornment making sure it looks good graphically.  Pit stops, car damage, etc is all secondary and not as important.

If you ran far enough in GT4 you could run out of gas.  So longer races required stops for fuel as well as tire chnages.

Old age is not for sissies.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (37 Views)
Fender Bender
3545 posts

Feb 2, 2010

Their adding NASCAR cars, but don't expect every aspect of NASCAR to be in the game.  Being a NASCAR fan one knows how crucial pitstops are to the race, but I don't expect them to be anywhere close in the game like they really are.  Also consider the fact that when playing online, at least with Prologue, there isn't that many laps to a race so your not going to be racing long enough for pitstops.  Playing single player more likely but also remember the game only supports 16 cars out of 42 of a real NASCAR race.  That of itself still isn't going to give you a true NASCAR type race within the game.

Considering we're only getting 20 tracks, what other track(s) other than Daytona are true to the NASCAR season?  I don't have any interest in racing a NASCAR race car at Nurburgring.  Considering how that race track is, I don't think a NASCAR race car could handle it.  Could be wrong though, but it wouldn't be genuine to race on it with those cars.

People see NASCAR licensed cars are going to be in the game and get all excited.  That's all fine but don't think it's going to measure up to a full fledged NASCAR game within GT.  We'll get some authentic looking cars and the handling will be as close as it can get, but with only 1 or 2 tracks that NASCAR actualy races on in the game and can only race up to 16 cars, it will be a far cry from an actual NASCAR racing experience.

What I don't understand is, if EA can make a NASCAR game and have 42 cars racing on the track that you can visually see in single player mode, why can't PD do the same??  I assume it's because of PD's graphics being so superior that any more cars than that the PS3 just wouldn't be able to handle.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (37 Views)
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Feb 2, 2010

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

What I don't understand is, if EA can make a NASCAR game and have 42 cars racing on the track that you can visually see in single player mode, why can't PD do the same??  I assume it's because of PD's graphics being so superior that any more cars than that the PS3 just wouldn't be able to handle.

EA's NASCAR was notorious for crappy graphics that not even gameplay could save

IMO, that gives us something to add to the GT6 Wishlist!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 2, 2010

I remember playing GT3 and fueling the car when making a pitstop. Just like in Formula 1, when fuel decreases the car should be faster. Same should aplly to GT5 and the cars.

I'm looking forward to having some races (10-15 laps) where fuel NEEDS to be part of the race. This should be for online as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1902 posts

Feb 2, 2010

ketiux wrote:

I remember playing GT3 and fueling the car when making a pitstop. Just like in Formula 1, when fuel decreases the car should be faster. Same should aplly to GT5 and the cars.

I'm looking forward to having some races (10-15 laps) where fuel NEEDS to be part of the race. This should be for online as well.

There was an on going discussion about this regarding GT4.  Some believed that fuel depletion affected perfomance and some didn't.  One guy, I forget who, or where I read it, studied that idea pretty close and came to the conclusion that there were some modeling of minor effects regarding fuel usage.

Old age is not for sissies.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes