May 08 2012
By: oscarmand First Son 7 posts

Why Cant I Download Gran Turismo 5 DLC

16 replies 571 views Edited May 8, 2012

Ok heres the problem.

A few days ago I bought the GT5 Complete Pack DLC which includes the Red Bull X2011 which I really need. I clicked buy and it asked me to add funds so I did and I bought the content. No option to download the content was shown. (I also got the email that they have pulled the money from my account.) Yes I have heard that the content is already on the disk and it is just a unlock key you purchase but that doesnt work. I go into GT5 and click on the Downloadable Content button but it just says "No purchased content found." I have written to SONY several times and they have responded but it has been no help. One even told me it had something to do with my internet, thats stupid. One told me to go into Game Data and delete the newest GT5 update, then go into safe mode and restore. Then I had to download the newest version again which I did. I went into the game but it still wasnt under Downloadable Content. The funny thing is that it says under Accont Settings that i have added money to the account and bought the DLC. It doesnt show up under Download List but it does show up in services under Gran Turismo 5. One of the SONY staff I contacted told me to make a post here and ask for help from the moderators. He also gave me a direct e-mail to the moderators but unfortunately they havent answered.

So please, will someone help me figure out the problem here because it is seriously bugging me.

-Oscar

Message 1 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44535 posts

Re: Why Cant I Download Gran Turismo 5 DLC

May 8, 2012

The prize cars for the open 8-week part will be sent out after it closes.

Message 2 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 8, 2012

im sorry but i dont know what you mean with the prize cars for the open 8-week.

Message 3 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1178 posts

May 8, 2012

The first open section for GT academy is the first 8 rounds open to all willing to try them. Upon completing all of them, you will recieve the cars as DLC for participating. They will probably be given out as vouchers like the previous x2011 redbull car.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44535 posts

May 8, 2012

The first part of the Academy is open to anyone. It is a way for anyone to get involved in the contest.

When that part is finished, we will then be able to claim our cars.

Unfortunately, this was not made clear from the start.

Message 5 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 8, 2012

Hello Oscarmand,

I'm having the same problem, I bought the car pack 2 and 3 with the speed test pack, none are showing up in the downloadable content. Have you found a proper solution yet?

Message 6 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

May 8, 2012

Guys, he's not talking about the Academy DLC!!!

He is talking about the regular DLC (family pack, car pack 2, car pack 3, paint pack, track pack)

Original username: Redrkt
Original reg date: 12/30/03

Redrkt RacingTPRA ForumsCustoms Sigs
Message 7 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44535 posts

May 8, 2012

You're right. My brain saw what it wanted to see.

However, the moderators can't help with DLC issues like this, as far as I am aware.

There is more than one player having similar trouble with DLC, so I will see if I can get someone from the GT team to help.

Message 8 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 8, 2012

thanks so much! but how will you get in contact with them. are you some sort of VIP?

Message 9 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 8, 2012

also please tell me if youve come in contact with them

Message 10 of 17 (571 Views)
0 Likes