Dec 31 2011
By: waistedmenkey Hekseville Citizen 349 posts

Which License test was most annoying to you?

16 replies 34 views Edited Dec 31, 2010

So, I just got a PS3 and GT5 for Christmas. My wife's crazy, but I'm not going to complain. It's been QUITE some time since I've played a GT game and really haven't touched GT4 for years (and never played silly Prologue). Time to get back into the AWESOME that is Gran Turismo! I don't have all of my licenses yet, I just got iA last night. And though there's some Silvers and Golds in there, they are all at Bronze.

But I'm curious, which License test did you find most annoying? Currently, I'm going to say iC-10 was the most aggrivating for me. There might be an S test that urks my twinky, but I'm guessing iC-10 is going to be hard to top.

Message 1 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Re: Which License test was most annoying to you?

Dec 31, 2010

IB-3.....UGH!

Photobucket
Message 2 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28842 posts

Dec 31, 2010

The final test of the IA-3 ( I think that's the name). The one where you had to do two laps, and then pass at least seven cars without running off the track, or bumping any of the other cars too hard. After about an hour and a half, I barely passed it. I then said "no more!".

Message 3 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Dec 31, 2010

the majority of them, thats why I traded in the game yesterday.  Someone forgot to add

a little fun to that game. Imho, no phlame intended.

Message 4 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Dec 31, 2010

DropD wrote:

the majority of them, thats why I traded in the game yesterday.  Someone forgot to add

a little fun to that game. Imho, no phlame intended.

This game takes time to learn and get good at - did you consider that intially when your purchased it?

Yes, you can play with them. Smiley Wink
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 17 (34 Views)
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Dec 31, 2010

S-8, I believe.  It is the overtaking one at the track with all of the slaloming turns and the ferris wheel.  Getting into Turn 1 and overtaking three cars without getting DQ'ed took forever to consistently get down.  And the whole race is pretty much just a series of nasty slide jobs.  It was the only one I didn't have silver or gold on for the longest time.  Finally got silver the other day.  Probably won't ever touch it again.

PSN ID: U2EDGE

60/60 Gold Licenses
S. Vettel: All Gold

A: 40 - B: 40

Message 6 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Dec 31, 2010

The last three in the S license

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 7 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Dec 31, 2010

"traded in because they forgot to add fun.."

LOL....f-a-i-l. 

Any of the licenses that require you to race with the restrictions of limited vehicle contact and the belligerent AI drivers on the same track.  I cannot understand why it's my fault when another driver side-punts me off the track... 

Overall, I really like the way they implemented the license tests in this version of GT.  It's great having the option to do them whenever, rather than requiring you to complete them in order to race.

Message 8 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Dec 31, 2010

BeefyPeeg wrote:

I cannot understand why it's my fault when another driver side-punts me off the track... 
Photobucket

That's my biggest pet peeve of license tests.  If a guy hits me after I've already cleared him, then I get DQ'ed?

Especially when I was on S-8 (the one lap, finish 5th for bronze, 2nd for silver, 1st for gold at Suzuka).  I forced (not slammed) one one the cars running third or fourth into the sand trap coming off the second of two consecutive 90-degree right-handers.  He slid through the sand sideways, came back out onto the track and his nose hit behind my driver's side rear wheel. I got DQ'ed.  It would have put me in third with more than half the lap to go.  Hands down, it was my best run and more than likely would have led to gold.

PSN ID: U2EDGE

60/60 Gold Licenses
S. Vettel: All Gold

A: 40 - B: 40

Message 9 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Dec 31, 2010

BeefyPeeg wrote:

"traded in because they forgot to add fun.."

LOL....f-a-i-l. 

Any of the licenses that require you to race with the restrictions of limited vehicle contact and the belligerent AI drivers on the same track.  I cannot understand why it's my fault when another driver side-punts me off the track... 

Overall, I really like the way they implemented the license tests in this version of GT.  It's great having the option to do them whenever, rather than requiring you to complete them in order to race.

Photobucket

Unless for some reason you thought they were necessary and did the first two classes right off the bat just to get them out of the way only to find out later it was a completely uneccessary way to spend your first half hour in GT5.... 

Message 10 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes