Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
41966 posts

Re: Where is PS3 response to Forza 4?

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

Silence from PD doesn't mean they are just sitting in their rocking chairs watching the last ever sun set, either.

Just because they may be holding back new content that they want to release in the next version may be their plan and not ours doesn't mean that it's a bad plan. Does anyone really think PD won't ever release another Midfield, one of the most popular and important GT tracks? Of course not. Some of us may not live long enough or be patient enough to hang around long enough to ever see it, but that is a general risk that PD must always take into account with long release cycles that GT fans moan about, even though we are getting DLC and games updates to a GT version that is still less than two years old and probably only half way through it's life cycle. GT2 & GT4 both had big increases in content, so why not expect the same with GT6? Just because we now have the Internet and can empty our wallets buying DLC today? Have some patience. Not every day is Christmas, and PD doesn't have to follow what other companies do with their DLC plans, etc.

The thing is we will never know much of their grand plans, so playing armchair generals and what-if games won't get us far. The day pCARS is released for the PS3, in only a few month's time, PD will know what they are up against because they will have the server numbers to tell them directly. They also are able to play the [PC] demo today, just like us, so there won't be any surprises of what's coming.

I just wish I could play more what I have in my hands today.

Message 41 of 56 (875 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8466 posts

Sep 21, 2012

MastrGT wrote:
GT2 & GT4 both had big increases in content, so why not expect the same with GT6?

that's precisely what I would predict too.

GT1 was first on its console.  GT2 had similar game with massive amounts of extra content.

GT3 was first on PS2, and GT4 was similar but with huge amounts of content added.

GT6, if produced on the PS3 is likely to have loads more content than what we currently have in GT5, which is already a massive amount.

While I agree that we should be patient, I really do hope PD keeps producing some tracks for GT5 because that will keep it alive for its full life-cycle instead of letting it go into a coma for 2 years while the next one keeps getting delayed.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 42 of 56 (866 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41966 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I just don't get it.

GT5 Prologue didn't have too many tracks and the whiners all left in a huff, but the smart ones stayed here and worked with what we had and made this the best GT forum in the world. With the amount of tracks we have now and a few more host controls, we should be falling all over ourselves trying to do and race more rather than whine about what we should have or what PD should be doing or what some other devs do.

It took the dedication of only a handful of people to make this forum the place to be when we had so little to work with when most other players just walked away from Prologue, in comparison to what we have now. Make the most of what you all have now. Where are all of the races using the DLC tracks we have now? We should be jumping all over Spa, but no, we have to worry who actually bought it. The kart tracks are fun, but there seems to be little excitement around what we get. It feels like a lot of GT fans have lost their spark and want PD to do things for them rather than pulling up their own socks and making GT fun themselves. Instead of worrying about needing two or more lobbies to hold an event, we have to worry about filling one.

Something is wrong and it isn't with GT and it isn't with PD. It's with us. Don't complain. Fix it.

Message 43 of 56 (857 Views)
Fender Bender
2816 posts

Sep 21, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

. They also are able to play the demo today, just like us, so there won't be any surprises of what's coming.

I just wish I could play more what I have in my hands today.

Where may I find this?

Didnt see it on psn store:-(

Message 44 of 56 (840 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41966 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that there is a PSN demo. There is only a PC development version that we can get and I have no idea if a PS3 demo will be released.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

Message 45 of 56 (834 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8466 posts

Sep 21, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

I just don't get it.

GT5 Prologue didn't have too many tracks and the whiners all left in a huff, but the smart ones stayed here and worked with what we had and made this the best GT forum in the world. With the amount of tracks we have now and a few more host controls, we should be falling all over ourselves trying to do and race more rather than whine about what we should have or what PD should be doing or what some other devs do.

It took the dedication of only a handful of people to make this forum the place to be when we had so little to work with when most other players just walked away from Prologue, in comparison to what we have now. Make the most of what you all have now. Where are all of the races using the DLC tracks we have now? We should be jumping all over Spa, but no, we have to worry who actually bought it. The kart tracks are fun, but there seems to be little excitement around what we get. It feels like a lot of GT fans have lost their spark and want PD to do things for them rather than pulling up their own socks and making GT fun themselves. Instead of worrying about needing two or more lobbies to hold an event, we have to worry about filling one.

Something is wrong and it isn't with GT and it isn't with PD. It's with us. Don't complain. Fix it.

i hope I didn't come across as displaying the attitude you're talking about there... cuz that's not where I stand at all.

I want nothing more than to have THIS game be my one and onyl racing game for years to come.  The community that you all did a lot of work to initially create, and then many of us have had the benefit of being a part of and nuturing ourselves, is the thing that makes it all work.

I'm all for trying other games too, as I'll probably eventually try out pCARS.  But I'm not looking forward to PS3 users being separated from PC users and so forth.  That community won't all be able to race together.  They'll be splintered and factioned, worse than we are.

I'm all for taking what we have and doing the best we can.  I just worry that if and when a bunch of people leave, then us loyal ones will be left with fewer people to race with.

And, we ARE using Spa for GT Saturdays the race this weekend, albeit not using a DLC car.

Again, what I think will keep this game from getting stale is more tracks.  If they simply went in and revamped some of our ability to control the tracks we create ourselves, it would go a LOONG way to helping that.

Even if they saved all new tracks for GT6, having a better course creator would keep people happy for a very long time.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 46 of 56 (811 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41966 posts

Sep 21, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

i hope I didn't come across as displaying the attitude you're talking about there... cuz that's not where I stand at all.

No, I'm not singling any one person out, but lately there is more effort put into arguing, bickering and worrying about the future than is being put into doing more racing or supporting GT. Even this thread highlights people's desire for more of something that we don't have rather than how to make better use of what we have now. People ask for more tracks, but they can't even bother to vote for ones they want.

More can be done to have more fun right now, but it's up to us to do it rather than taking it out on PD or even each other. We're better than this (I've seen it before, so let's see what we're made of again).

Message 47 of 56 (806 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25210 posts

Sep 21, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

No, I'm not singling any one person out, but lately there is more effort put into arguing, bickering and worrying about the future than is being put into doing more racing or supporting GT. Even this thread highlights people's desire for more of something that we don't have rather than how to make better use of what we have now. People ask for more tracks, but they can't even bother to vote for ones they want.

More can be done to have more fun right now, but it's up to us to do it rather than taking it out on PD or even each other. We're better than this (I've seen it before, so let's see what we're made of again).

It's not intrinsic only to Gran Turismo. If you've looked at the Playstation 3 general forum, there's plenty of complaining there as well. Everybody it seems is "outraged" about something. Some people are only happy if they're complaining. 

Message 48 of 56 (773 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6675 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

I get sick to death of all the complaining, so I've been both putting a lot of effort into working with what we've already got in Gran Tursimo 5, the relationships we've built, and the tools we've created to make it better. We've been effectively producing interesting and fun racing 4 or 5 days a week.

I also argue with idiots a lot.(at this Forum)

I like to cover all my bases.:smileyvery-happy::smileywink:

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 49 of 56 (755 Views)
Fender Bender
2816 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

It's not intrinsic only to Gran Turismo. If you've looked at the Playstation 3 general forum, there's plenty of complaining there as well. Everybody it seems is "outraged" about something. Some people are only happy if they're complaining. 

Indulge me a plug, as I normally do not.

This is why I believe splinter groups, or leagues if you will, are so entrenched in gaming society.

A public forum is just that, an open door to anyone wanting to enter.

In a league environment you are interacting with fewer individuals but on a more regular basis.

You get to know people, and learn what you might expect, or in many cases, how to interpret thier humor.

Familiarity breeds tolerance and understanding, greatly increased by the use of voice comms such as teamspeak.

As well, since it has been mentioned.

As a league we have systematically as a group continued to dissasemble GT5, and continue to do so.

Each one of us contributing what we learn to the collective, increasing our options and abilities to create effective structured racing.

GT5 is for us, anything but boring, there is still so much to explore and learn.

We currently have several nights a week of racing, some are championship series in progres, others more informal, and with winter comiing points series season is almost upon us.

Our group gets together and enjoys each others company on and off the track and will continue to do so, as we have in the almost 2 years since GT5 came out, and the 3 years prior to that.

While we are a league, we are public and anyone is welcome to join us, we really only have one rule to be honest, it is unwritten yet enforced with vigor.

Treat every member with respect on and off the track. So simple yet so effective.

Message 50 of 56 (748 Views)