Highlighted
Dec 30 2011
By: VS8780 First Son 15 posts

Where are all the cars????? WTF Sony?

30 replies 36 views Edited Dec 30, 2010

Ok so I fired up GT5 today and so far its pretty awesome until I started the GT Career Mode. WHY THE HELL CAN'T I BUY ANY CAR I WANT?? OK I understand the whole premium car and standard car concept but at least make all the standard cars available as New instead of only through the used lot which only updates with a few cars after each race. this is pathetic, is this what I waited 5 years for? Stop holding my hand and let me play the damn game the way I want to, this is a huge disappointment. it shouldn’t be that hard to release a patch to enable a premium car lot, standard car lot and used car lot, this would make the game so much better and enjoyable. please don’t ignore this, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this complaint.

Thanks

V

Message 1 of 31 (36 Views)
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Re: Where are all the cars????? WTF Sony?

Dec 30, 2010

I suppose it is their way of encouraging trading.

But as it is the trade/gifiting thing is pretty messed up, whether or not people exploit.

There needs to be a trade window so people can view/confirm their trades so others don't rip them off or so. They should also remove the daily limit thing 1 car every 24 hours is pretty annoying.

Message 2 of 31 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Dec 30, 2010

it would be nice...

Photobucket
Message 3 of 31 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Dec 30, 2010

definately

this should be a poll where people vote

Message 4 of 31 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Dec 30, 2010

If you could buy any car you want it would make the game to easy to collect. I get the most enjoyment from this game after completing a race going to the used car dealership and seeing what rare car i may find. Ive gotten 440 six pack plymouth cuda. and a plymouth superbird that ive never seen after that. And im still looking for a 1992-1999 supra thats plain and stock.

Message 5 of 31 (36 Views)
VP of Gaming
28807 posts

Dec 30, 2010

First off, "Sony" has nothing to do with it. I know how if anything and EVERYTHING goes wrong there's this "blame Sony first" mantra, but this was not their decision. It's purely a design call. Secondly, you're not allowed to buy any car you want, mainly because gamers have ZERO self control and will always resort to overkill. If the situation calls for a sniper rifle, they'll use a tactical nuke. If it calls for a soft touch, they'll use a sledgehammer. You know as well as I know, that the temptation to use a Ferrari Enzo or Bugatti Veyron in EVERY race would be too much for those types. So you have to put restrictions on it to make the game more balanced. And what good would buying those cars do you at the beginning anyway? You can't use them until you level up. 

I really hope Polyphony Digital ignores all of these "requests" and stays the course. If they started caving in to everyone, the game would be a jumbled mess. You say you should be able to play the game however you want. Fine, try it with EVERY game. Run to third base in baseball and see what happens. You have to have RULES, just like in everything else, otherwise many out there will be swatting flies with an elephant gun.

Message 6 of 31 (36 Views)
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Dec 30, 2010

VS8780 wrote:

Ok so I fired up GT5 today and so far its pretty awesome until I started the GT Career Mode. WHY THE HELL CAN'T I BUY ANY CAR I WANT?? OK I understand the whole premium car and standard car concept but at least make all the standard cars available as New instead of only through the used lot which only updates with a few cars after each race. this is pathetic, is this what I waited 5 years for? Stop holding my hand and let me play the **** game the way I want to, this is a huge disappointment. it shouldn’t be that hard to release a patch to enable a premium car lot, standard car lot and used car lot, this would make the game so much better and enjoyable. please don’t ignore this, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this complaint.

Thanks

V

LOL Obviously your new to the series !

Photobucket
Message 7 of 31 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 30, 2010

OK first thing polyphony is owned by sony so im pretty sure they would have the final say on any aspect of the game but if it makes you feel better ill place the blame on Polyphony. Second your argument about self control is worthless because i can just go and get a premium car thats overkill for a race so if they allowed us to buy any premium car then why not standard cars. although you are right about using cars that are overkill for a race they could have come up with something other than essentially blocking 800 cars  from being purchased.

Last i remember the "Over 1000 cars" was a pretty big advertising point but in my opinion its false advertising if you cant get to any of them. You have better odds at striking it rich in vegas than getting a standard car your looking.

GT1, 2, 3, 4 all let you buy any car at any time and they have all been the most successful racing games out there so why mess with it? There is no need for this restriction.

Message 8 of 31 (36 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Dec 30, 2010

New to the series? seriously the only other GT version to feature this hindrance was the PSP version

Message 9 of 31 (36 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 30, 2010

The trick to finding cars in the used car lot in GT5 is to go into Licences and hit next three times and then exit and go back to used car lot , everytime you hit next it is another day, i once took 45 minutes to find my Cadillac Cien and Delorean. It takes a bit of time but it works well. Right now i have 124 dream cars all souped up in my garage, doing this trick. Happy Hunting!

I3FaStThRoWs3I
Message 10 of 31 (36 Views)
0 Likes