Aug 24, 2011

LOL intentionally tuning it to roll it! 

Message 71 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Re: Wheelie cars

Aug 24, 2011

It's not always intentional. I did a GNX last night, if you hit the brakes at speed, w/o steering it, it will roll. Most of these cars Will roll if you hit the gas and turn as well.

Getting the longest roll out of a car seems to be my sons job. Getting him not to roll my Chevelle is making for some fights between us.

Also tried online one more time, this time with the ASM on, abs at 1 and Skid on, the TVR 500 will ride down the corkscrew at Seca front end up. It seems if you can get the ASM to think your spinning out it will add the needed grip for some wheels up action. Not far up but non the less off the ground.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 72 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Hey guys, the only thing I know about doing wheelies is the wheelie glitch in GT3. Can someone lend me a "Wheelies for Dummies" book?

For example: How do you do a wheelie in the first place, and how do you know if a car is suitable for wheelies?

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 73 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Aug 25, 2011

Gojet...I'll do ya one better. Add me and I'll send you a little somethin' somethin' Smiley Wink

Kitty

Photobucket
Message 74 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 25, 2011

The basic tune is the same for all cars... Once you have it, you're golden.

The hard part is the transmission. Every trans and car is unique, and have to be sorted out individually. The basics are the same though... You need the back to drive "under" the front. Most Trans tunes start with getting a low final drive gear, like 2.000 or 2.500, and then trying to find an appropriate 2nd gear that will provide enough forward motion without breaking the tires loose, or enabling them to regain grip quickly. Almost every car I've got to wheelie had to start in 2nd gear. It's not hard to see why when you look at the graph. Most cars that do go up like the 2nd gear to go in the neighborhood of 70 miles an hour at redline, but that may just be a fluke. I don't use any hard and fast rules for the trans, I work it until it goes or doesn't.

Cars that have soft springs and a heap of ride height work best. High HP and low weight are pluses, but that can be worked around with some cars. The TVR Griffith is one of the easiest cars to do, as is the Preemie Cobra and the 80's Mercedes, the R129 IIRC... The back end on that car really squats nice, better than any other I've seen so far.

Some cars will launch without coaxing, some won't. It depends on the car. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier a car, the more coaxing it will need. Coaxing comes in the form of no burnout at the start or in doing a burnt out, slamming the brakes and then mashing the gas to transfer the weight.

Adding weight is something that makes a car worse. I have yet to add weight and a car do anything but make smoke.

Photobucket
Message 75 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Aug 25, 2011

I got the SL600(R230) '04 to literally stand on the rear bumper...Dan, I think we have our first candidate for a flip...longways Smiley Happy

Kitty

Photobucket
Message 76 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 25, 2011

I have to double check the car...

I haven't had my PS3 on yet today...

Too much other stuff to get done. But, now the house is empty for an hour.

I thinks it be a good time to shut the puter down and go pop a few wheelies...

Photobucket
Message 77 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Aug 28, 2011

SnakeEyes427 wrote:

It's not always intentional. I did a GNX last night, if you hit the brakes at speed, w/o steering it, it will roll. Most of these cars Will roll if you hit the gas and turn as well.

Getting the longest roll out of a car seems to be my sons job. Getting him not to roll my Chevelle is making for some fights between us.

Also tried online one more time, this time with the ASM on, abs at 1 and Skid on, the TVR 500 will ride down the corkscrew at Seca front end up. It seems if you can get the ASM to think your spinning out it will add the needed grip for some wheels up action. Not far up but non the less off the ground.

LOL You'll have some second thoughts now as he gets closer to 16.  Smiley Surprised

Message 78 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Aug 29, 2011

have you guys gotten a tvr cerbera speed 12 to do a wheelie yet?

Message 79 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 29, 2011

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote

LOL You'll have some second thoughts now as he gets closer to 16.  :O

Better get him something of his own.

Can't have him tearing up your car trying to launch it off the freeway embankments and such there SE...

Photobucket
Message 80 of 201 (105 Views)
0 Likes