Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Re: Wheelie cars

Oct 3, 2012

Easiest Wheelie car...However, I haven't tried it since the update. I also have never wheelied any other cars besides this one. The good thing about this car is you can just push the gas off the line and it just picks right up. 

Lotus Elise 96 RM (premium car)

For this off the line wheelie tune you must only have Skid Recovery Force On, and must be using manual. (NOTE: Car is Race Modified.)
Max. Power: 262 Weight: 645

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics- 
Front 10 Rear 50

Engine:
ECU Tuning Upgrade
Stage 3 Engine Upgrade

Intake System:
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter

Exhaust:
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sport
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Turbo Kits:
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Transmission:
Fully Customizable Transmission-
1st Gear: 3.405
2nd Gear: 2.297
3rd Gear: 1.664
4th Gear: 1.273
5th Gear: 1.029
Final Gear: 3.938
Top Speed: 143 mph

Drivetrain:
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD-
Initial Torque: 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 60

Suspension:
Fully Customizable Kit:
____________________Suspension__________ ___________
Front:__________________________________ ___Rear:
0_________Ride Height Adjustment (mm)________55
14.0______Spring Rate (kgf/mm)_______________4.0
9__________Dampers (Extension)______________2
9__________Dampers (Compression)____________2
6__________Anti-Roll Bars____________________2 
_____________________Wheel Alignment________________
Front:__________________________________ ____Rear:
0.0________Camber Angle (-)__________________0.0
0.00_______Toe Angle________________________1.00
Tires:
Racing: Soft

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 191 of 201 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Since I have been playing the game I have yet to get a car to wheelie I guess I wasnt trying though really since I would normally drop the car way down low and center the weight.

I will give this a try and see If I can get my first wheelie.... Smiley Happy

Thanks Tguns

Message 192 of 201 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Looks like it's time to dust off my mine and give them a try.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 193 of 201 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 3, 2012

To Jess and everyone...

I went and played with the P Cobra, one of the cars I could get to stand pretty easily yesterday. The new changes to RH, how weight is figured into the equation and the new tire model rendered the tune useless. TCS killed any attempt right away, as it stopped the car from doing anything before it could start. Anti Skid and stability helped some, the car wanted to go more so with than without.

One VERY peculiar oddity...

I put 5 kgs of ballast at -50, yes, that's all the way up front, and the car reacted favorably. The weight made a bounce wheel stand a reality on 2 attempts.

Things I have noted so far in the hour or so I played...

--The LSD is a bit DIF-ferent. It acts a little funky.

--Weight is now a major player. It looks like each car will have a sweet spot.

--The trans does not like the 2.000 or 2.500 settings as much anymore, they do not cause the car to accelerate fast enough to drive the rear under the front. I had better luck with higher final and lower 1st/2nd etc. The hard part was finding a setting that let the rest of the gears actually do anything. Higher 1st and 2nd with low finals tended to run out of room before you could get the needed travel.

--Too much HP can hurt you, so can too much TQ. Wheel spin from this is an absolute killer now, and finding that right mix of power/grip and gear is like finding a razor's edge.

--I fear the 1/1/1 and super low suspension settings may not be adequate anymore. It seems there has to be something to move the weight F to B now more so than before. I experimented with heavier springs, upping extension etc, but nothing really clicked. However, I didn't do it with the nose ballast added. I can see where a little nose weight would cause more compression and allow for the front to pop better.

--The transition of wt from F to B seems to be happening MUCH slower to me than I remember.

This is a bad thing, as you need the speed of that transfer to be quick to pop the front. I think this may go back to something you were talking about before you went on sabbatical Jess, you were saying something about the cars needing "real suspension setups". I think you're 100% correct with this latest update, that may be exactly what they need.

In addition to all this is the HUGE changes to the game's use of Ride Height, Weight, Aero and the Tire Model.

--RH changes make it dangerous to slam a car to the ground, the suspension gets no travel, and the wt changes cause some serious side slide. It also causes the F to plow when you lower the nose and the B to break loose quickly when lowered in Back.

--DF and Aero are 100% all new animals. No more magnetism like we had on the HSR in the 1550kg Vipers, it's gone. Strong draft gives you a draft when along side a car and pulls harder, but has no real effect on braking or anything. Weak Draft is flippin' AWESOME. Causes the car to dance when you catch air on a corner tucked behind, causes you to hit an air wall when you pull out to pass and can cause you to face plant the nose under breaking if you pull out before the Aero stops. It's a little weak way out and a little strong in close, but is by far the best Aero I've ever had in any game in a long time.

--There's a new depth to the tires, I define them as "Grip" and "Bite". RH's have a lot of grip, RS's have a lot of bite. RM's have a little of both. Bite lets you accelerate and brake, helps on turn in. Grip holds the center and keeps the car planted, but gives no help under accel or braking. They all wear nearly the same if you drive careful, but it's really easy to overdrive RSs or push RHs. Both cause significant heat, wear and weird responses. RMs are the most stable, but are definitively slower than RSs and don't last as long as RHs. Tire strategy is now possible, and you DO have to adjust the car depending on tire choice. RHs have to be on a softer set up. In short, it's near heavenly.

--The biggest change is in the way weight is used in the physics now. It's not linear anymore. The car's setup is really important in controlling wt transfer, and it really feels like the car's wt is moving around. On RSs, every little twitch of the wheel can cause the car to transfer wt and make it unstable. You can put soft SR, SHKs and SWBs in a car and it'll actually ride like a horse and buggy... Each tire compound has a shocks setting sweet spot, and the sways are tough to run high without a ton of DF to use them.

I think you'll find the changes to really be nice. They have their issues still, but I have to say I actually raced on CSs... And liked it. I even managed to cook a set in a 300 PP shuffle race. LOL.

Everything with tires now is HEAT. White and Red are BAD. Like the RMs of old, ALL tires now get slippery when hot.

Higher SR will help tires run cooler.

Higher Shocks help to a point, but then cause the tires to run hotter. Too low will let them slide, and run hotter. Have to have them just right.

High sways will not provide the side bite they used to without a ton of wt or DF to make the suspension move.

You can run Camber through the roof, as long as you don't have too stiff a suspension. The weight will make the car dodgy with higher settings.

TOE is weird... Some cars can still run the 0.00 B toe set, but some can't. I am finding 0.001 in front with 0.21-0.41 depending on HP/TQ works well, especially with the LSD changes.

The LSD is really out to lunch. The description has changed a few times, but open or closed, it seems every car has a weird and different reaction. No two seem to test the same.

Some things I have found to help though...

--Swap the INIT and the DECEL values. I always set the DECEL as the lowest number now. The INIT helps you use the DIF more for turning.

--I start with a 21/28/7 in mid range powered cars, some need a 21/35/7 if they have an abundance of TQ. Most cars like a 20-30 INIT, a 25-45 ACCEL and a 5-15 DECEL. When coupled with the toe sets I use, I can hammer throttle out from 1/4 to 1/2 way into the turn, the LSD will bring the car around all the way out of the corner.

--With really low settings, the DIF can wreak havoc. ACCEL is pretty straight forward, sudden snap on throttle. It's a little harder to tell on DECEL. What I look for as I turn in is the car will hop if the DECEL or INIT is too low just before it takes it's set, especially the Back DIF. You'll know it when you feel it. If you like the ACCEL side, raise the DECEL slightly. If you have issues with it coming out and wanting to spin too, raise the INIT. Same goes if the car spins but enters nice. Basically if one side is working, change the other. If both sides are not right, raise the INIT. Or lower it in some case. You'll see there's now a bit of a sweet spot for every car DIF wise too.

I used to tune really passively with a lot of rolling the center, but now I tune very actively. Early brake, trail in and right on the throttle out. I hardly roll at all now. I use the LSD to turn for me so I can concentrate on the traffic and the lane. And it's VERY cool when someone tries to go under you and you accelerate out and leave them behind...

So much more, but I think I went a bit overboard...

At any rate, I know you can use it, and it'll give you some good comparison stuff to help you figure the changes out quick.

As for the wheelie cars...

I'm going to go back to the Shelby and the TVR and retest to see how they compare.

The Shelby used to stand without any changes at all, by far the easiest to get going.

The TVR was always pretty straightforward to. Hoping that these will help with some specifics.

I CAN tell you yes, a car can still wheelie.

I got the Cobra up twice yesterday...

But the cars look like they are going to be far more specific about what they want.

Who knows, I might even get my elusive Goat to finally go up...

Photobucket
Message 194 of 201 (281 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Thanks very much for the TVR Wheelie Car, Jess. You are a Superstar. let me know if I can send you anything .

Regards, SWERV

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 195 of 201 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Dan:

I give the approach of looking at what cars I could get to stand without changing any settings (namely do to time constraints). Of all the topical players only the TVR would stand and run without changes. But one note, I do have to use TC @1 . This took just the right amount of wheel spin out of it so that a full gas lunch from e-brakes (trans brake) worked just right.

I have not had much time the last few days to play around with things. Heck last night I spent 6 hours in a parking lot with a dead batt. So as I can I will poke around with these and other cars.

Jess

GT5 Pics:
Message 196 of 201 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Charged to the Game. Smiley Happy
Jess

GT5 Pics:
Message 197 of 201 (241 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 5, 2012

SnakeEyes427 wrote:

Dan:

I give the approach of looking at what cars I could get to stand without changing any settings (namely do to time constraints). Of all the topical players only the TVR would stand and run without changes. But one note, I do have to use TC @1 . This took just the right amount of wheel spin out of it so that a full gas lunch from e-brakes (trans brake) worked just right.

I have not had much time the last few days to play around with things. Heck last night I spent 6 hours in a parking lot with a dead batt. So as I can I will poke around with these and other cars.

Interesting... TCS killed every launch for me. Maybe I had something else on with it, I dunno. I know it's still there, it's just finding the right combinations. Given the surprises I got yesterday, it looks as though PD has finally found a way to carry the OEM chassis feel all the way through to the race chassis. Cars are still maintaining their identity, and the ratio of wt, balance, transfer and all of that is now in the RCH as well.

Before it always felt the cars were fairly similar in race form, now not so much.

I did find 7/8/9 shock settings helped SHs get a real grip on the track yesterday, which has me thinking that 1/1 is actually a problem now, it's not holding the tire to the pavement. TCS @ 1 would be an analogous compromise, it would replace that shocks plant with the TCS.

It's definitely, and infinitely more puzzling now for sure. I had all but given up driving until just before 2.08 dropped and the draft and tire models started phasing in.. Now with everything being refined a bit, puzzles being more than simple plug ins, it's become interesting again.

Hope to try some tests after Oz today...

__

Photobucket
Message 198 of 201 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 5, 2012

SnakeEyes427 wrote:
Charged to the Game. Smiley Happy

Maybe if you'd charged the battery...? LOL.

___

Photobucket
Message 199 of 201 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Oct 5, 2012

LOL, I do need to find out why my El Camino is not charging it's batt. At least it do it in a parking lot and not the side of the road. It's a good car in that way.

Jess

GT5 Pics:
Message 200 of 201 (205 Views)
0 Likes