First Son
28 posts

Re: What's the point of adding damage

Aug 20, 2009

And btw, how come when a car gets damaged the paintjob doesn't fade or anything like that?

And it looks like the damage is only cosmetic.

GT5 looks incredibily realistic but the poor damage physics makes me feel a bit let down. Especially on a game that has been worked on for nearly half a decade!

Message 11 of 89 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Aug 20, 2009

Bottom line... we just don't know how it will be implemented.

By the looks of it, you will be able to drive damageable cars against indestructable ones... but this is an early production demo for the press. We just don't know.

Also, if there's a thread about a topic already, no need to start another. At least see what's on pg.1

How can this game not have damage for all cars?

The unofficial GT at Gamescom 09 thread.

GT5 Gamescom damage video!

DriverSports.org
Message 12 of 89 (4 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1009 posts

Aug 20, 2009

PSN_player101 wrote:

And btw, how come when a car gets damaged the paintjob doesn't fade or anything like that?

And it looks like the damage is only cosmetic.

GT5 looks incredibily realistic but the poor damage physics makes me feel a bit let down. Especially on a game that has been worked on for nearly half a decade!

What video have you been watching?  Paint is getting scratched and almost completely removed from the bumper in some footage.  It has been confirmed that damage is not purely cosmetic.

Signature
Message 13 of 89 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 20, 2009

Because it cannot be called a "Real Driving Simulator" if there is no damage.

It's about time.

They've lost my support over the years of a diminishing product. In the last two title, any car worth $250,000 and up felt and handled like any of other of the same price. Also...it's pretty **bleep**ty when the cars you race against, ALWAYS follow a perfect race line. Give me a break PD...who are you trying to kid?

If these and other issues are resloved...I MAY consider buying this one.

Hopefully it's not such a let down as the last couple. And Prolgue??? What a waste of money.

Message Edited by GreddyTalon on 08-20-2009 02:10 PM
-------------------------------
PSN: GReddyTalon
60 JiggaByte PS3 Son!
Message 14 of 89 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2636 posts

Aug 20, 2009

GreddyTalon wrote:

It's about time.

They've lost my support over the years of a diminishing product. In the last two title, any car worth $250,000 and up felt and handled like any of other of the same price. Also...it's pretty **bleep**ty when the cars you race against, ALWAYS follow a perfect race line. Give me a break PD...who are you trying to kid?

Hopefully it's not such a let down as the last couple. And Prolgue??? What a waste of money.

Well like you said it is a "driving simulator" not a collision simulator. 

Message 15 of 89 (4 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Aug 20, 2009

GreddyTalon wrote:

It's about time.

I'll agree that GT4's physics were dumbed down, but Prologue has greatly increased the dynamic nature of the physics, especially the higher power cars (On Pro Physics).

I'll also agree that the AI doesn't present a very exciting challenge. But that problem was rectified with online. There's nothing comparable to the human mind, for a unique experience every time. With a little focus and work, you can find some other good racers, and like the regular members here, be enjoying thrilling door to door racing every night since the launch of Prologue. We have casual track days, hardcore championships, time trials and even our own endurance racing.

What more could you want from a racing game?

Prologue is the best video game purchase I have ever made. Mostly thanks to the good people I've met here at this forum. Put Prologue in, read around this forum, and have a good time getting ready for the full game. You know you will buy it, as bitter as you may be, GT5 will be HUGE!

Message Edited by ForgetfuI on 08-20-2009 02:23 PM
DriverSports.org
Message 16 of 89 (4 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Aug 21, 2009

ForgetfuI wrote:

GreddyTalon wrote:

It's about time.

I'll agree that GT4's physics were dumbed down, but Prologue has greatly increased the dynamic nature of the physics, especially the higher power cars (On Pro Physics).

I'll also agree that the AI doesn't present a very exciting challenge. But that problem was rectified with online. There's nothing comparable to the human mind, for a unique experience every time. With a little focus and work, you can find some other good racers, and like the regular members here, be enjoying thrilling door to door racing every night since the launch of Prologue. We have casual track days, hardcore championships, time trials and even our own endurance racing.

What more could you want from a racing game?

Prologue is the best video game purchase I have ever made. Mostly thanks to the good people I've met here at this forum. Put Prologue in, read around this forum, and have a good time getting ready for the full game. You know you will buy it, as bitter as you may be, GT5 will be HUGE!

Message Edited by ForgetfuI on 08-20-2009 02:23 PM

This is as true as it gets. The game is just awesome if you know the right people to play with. I just can't describe how awesome it is. And we are talking about Prologue! OMG I can't wait for the real thing! I just had an unbelieveable race yesterday with pogo_. This game is definitely the best buy I made in quite a few years (except maybe only for MSG4).

If you still have it, go here: TPRA Events for August. Wed. Aug 19 Posted/ Added a Special Notice!) check the website www.tunerspit.com for rules and more detais, and play with the best racers this game has to offer. You will change your mind in a single race.

Message Edited by Dravonic on 08-20-2009 02:48 PM
Message Edited by Dravonic on 08-20-2009 05:07 PM
Message 17 of 89 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 24, 2009

Ghost_Shrimp wrote:

GreddyTalon wrote:

It's about time.

Well like you said it is a "driving simulator" not a collision simulator. 

Exactly...and in real life driving, if you mess up, you crash. You don't bounce off the wall.

That's what separates the good from the not so good.

-------------------------------
PSN: GReddyTalon
60 JiggaByte PS3 Son!
Message 18 of 89 (4 Views)
Sackboy
608 posts

Aug 24, 2009

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:

NO MATTER WHAT:

1) If the game has damage, someone will complain.

2) If the game doesn't have damage, someone will complain.

3) If the game has damage to only certain vehicles, someone will complain. 

What's the point here?  We get what we get - after that, then everyone can start complaining.......after all, keep in mind that we haven't seen enough of the Game - It's NOT EVEN HERE YET!

Sincerely, 

I could care a less about damage, I just want something new I'm getting tired of the same tracks and limited online in prologue. Also if they did damage on all the cars and had an option to disable it on all cars I don't see how anyone could complain, but they would.

Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Message 19 of 89 (4 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28986 posts

Aug 24, 2009

GreddyTalon wrote:

It's about time.

If you want to know how those cars really feel then go join the Vulcan Motor Club or take their Fire and Wind Tour. Otherwise if you want to see cars flip over, catch fire and eventually explode go and play Grand Theft Auto. 

Message 20 of 89 (4 Views)
0 Likes