Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Re: What's This I Hear......

Dec 16, 2013
The glitch exists in the base code, but they can make saves modified in v1.02 not readable by v1.0, which would make it impossible to exploit.
Message 31 of 38 (287 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 16, 2013
Yeah I tried this glitch ( I was almost through all the B class races with all stars), when I did the glitch and got my 20 mill I tried going back into my races and an error came up saying that game data was invalid so I'm guessing the only way to pull this off is to do this before doing a single race otherwise you'll lose all you're progress and have to start from scratch. That's what happened to me not sure if other have had this issue.
Message 32 of 38 (284 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1143 posts

Dec 16, 2013
The playing field has been leveled with this glitch kind of. Now everyone (almost) will have same cars. Although it was more interesting trying to balance spending on particular cars.... Now it will be just about racing .
aka smokeethetire
Message 33 of 38 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

Dec 16, 2013

nuTTTz wrote:

Anyone doing this glitch thingy should be prepared for any possible fallout.

Unlike GT5 save hack, this 'glitch'  directly undermines the microtransaction process, and losses as a result can be now given a specific monetary value, legally translated easily into theft.

Now do I expect thousands of GT6 owners who took advantage to end up facing criminal charges, certainly not.

But rectification of this situation could easily result in an invalidated game save, forcing anyone who took part to start thier game again from scratch.

This is not hacking the game nor is it glitch.  There is no altering of the game code nor are you glitching the game like getting your car inside track boundries.  Consider this nothing more than a loop hole.  This is no different than dupping for cars or paint chips like so many people did in GT5.  How many people out here were doing that?? Smiley Wink

You're not cheating giving yourself an unfair advantage over anyone else nor are you hindering anyone elses ability to enjoy the game.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 34 of 38 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2013

Lordmarshal wrote:
Why would they delete thread... They need to delete the glitch. I paid money for what people are getting for free! 😡

I bought the game which entitles me to the content on the disc, so I didn't get anything for free, I already paid for it, we all did.  From there it's peoples choice to tediously play through the game to finally aquire the cars they want, or pay for the content yet again via microtransactions to aquire it quicker.  PD hopes you'll pay for it again, and again, and again...

Message 35 of 38 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

Dec 16, 2013

esn72809 wrote:
Yeah I tried this glitch ( I was almost through all the B class races with all stars), when I did the glitch and got my 20 mill I tried going back into my races and an error came up saying that game data was invalid so I'm guessing the only way to pull this off is to do this before doing a single race otherwise you'll lose all you're progress and have to start from scratch. That's what happened to me not sure if other have had this issue.

You must of done something wrong, I had the game almost 50% complete, no problems.  All you're ultimately doing is adding cars to your garage.  PD has no way of knowing how those cars got there whether you've grinded your butt off to get them or otherwise.  All they care about is that their copywrited game code can't be hacked and modified.

Is PD really going to punish people because they didn't tediously grind for credits to buy every single car they now have??  I highly doubt it.

Message 36 of 38 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Dec 16, 2013

Just watch the stats. If someone has 280 cars and won 3 races. then i think it's easy to see if someone's been using the glitch.

Please PD give us Endurance races. 24 minutes is not enough...
Message 37 of 38 (231 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1143 posts

Dec 16, 2013
LB is right ... It's a loophole. They messed up big time
aka smokeethetire
Message 38 of 38 (226 Views)
0 Likes