Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Re: What racing game can I get while i wait for GT5 ?

Sep 13, 2009
I geuss alot depends on tgs, if we dont get the info we want well need something to tie us over. thats why i picked up a psp. for gt.
Message 21 of 44 (1 View)
First Son
15 posts

Sep 13, 2009
Of course Gran Turismo for the PSP.  It's coming up 3 weeks later.
Message 22 of 44 (1 View)
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Sep 13, 2009
if you sold your GT4 disc, buy it back and just play it. I can almost guarantee you wont 100% the game by the time GT5 comes out (i still ahvent 100%, and i had since the day it came out). I might get prologue though and give it a whirl
hemihotrod402
Message 23 of 44 (1 View)
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Sep 13, 2009
I know i said the same thing dirt2 looks like a boring game i downloaded the demo and i felt like people just bought it because of the nice graphichs and because of the damages the car gets when you flip or slam. O and don't wait for a demo of NFSS they are expecting people to go and spend 65 bucks on a game that no one knows if they like or if it will be worth. Im not getting that game till i see some ratings. If they know their game is good why dont they put a demo on before it hits store ???
Message 24 of 44 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Sep 13, 2009

I think it is funny how many people called GT5P a demo and did not want to pay $40 for 6 tracks and 75 cars.  Now they are going gaga for NFSS.  It has less cars and only 18 tracks.

Dirt 2 is fun and a good racer but I have some complaints like no split screen multiplayer and no custom sounds tracks.  Plus the menu system can be a bit bothersome. I also don't understand why very few program in 1080P.  Come on now High def has been out for a few years, the format war is over and lets get 1080P on every new game.  Dirt does have 7.1 surround that sounds nice though.

Message 25 of 44 (1 View)
I Only Post Everything
1080 posts

Sep 13, 2009

i highly recommend Tourist Trophy, its probably the best Bike sim ever made.

of course racing a bike is very different than a car, a lot of the same GT4 tracks are in TT but you ride them very differently, you have to apex the turns differently because you can lean and the bike is so narrow it creates opportunities that cars just dont have, but on the other hand theres no downforce to speak of so its skittish at high speed and you have to brake differently... it really is a great game. a word of caution though, after i played TT for about a month it really threw off my GT game.

Photobucket
Message 26 of 44 (1 View)
Wastelander
888 posts

Sep 13, 2009
Gran Turismo 4 is like 12 bucks. just go get that.
Message 27 of 44 (1 View)
I Only Post Everything
1048 posts

Sep 14, 2009

hazeces wrote:

I herd Dirt 2 came out and NFSS is coming out next week. Anyway after playing GT5P i have become addicted to it and can't seem to get enough. LOL

if i would have known this game was like this i would have gotten it the very first day it came out. Anyway i want to keep playing this game but what other new game can anyone advice me to get that's a simulator or fun like this one.. I am looking into Dirt 2 and NFSS. 

N4S/Shift looks promising for those of that wanna see damage modeling
Message 28 of 44 (1 View)
Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Sep 14, 2009

meatbag_ wrote:

i highly recommend Tourist Trophy, its probably the best Bike sim ever made.

of course racing a bike is very different than a car, a lot of the same GT4 tracks are in TT but you ride them very differently, you have to apex the turns differently because you can lean and the bike is so narrow it creates opportunities that cars just dont have, but on the other hand theres no downforce to speak of so its skittish at high speed and you have to brake differently... it really is a great game. a word of caution though, after i played TT for about a month it really threw off my GT game.

Thats the only ps2 game i keep, yep its a good one. I finish gt4 long ago.
Message 29 of 44 (1 View)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Sep 14, 2009
I wanna get GT for PSP and i think that will occupy me for a while, at least till GT5 comes out.  But i wanna get NFS shift,  but yeah i might get bored of it in a while but i dont think it will be that fast that i won't buy it.  One thing that i found out about it through a review on IGN is that you get so much money so fast that by the time you unlock more cars, you can buy every car in the new tier.  Thats a little to easy and gets boring.  Thats what i love about GT, you can race for days at a time and never get get enough money to get the most expensive car in the game.  You have to race for like days or weeks or something outragous to get like a $1,000,000 car.  GT is really the mother of all racing games.  I dont think Forza has anything on GT.  Heck there is no way you can fit GT5 on the format of xbox.  GT5P couldnt probably fit on it.  Wow i got off topic lol sorry but hey GT for psp probably best bet to hold you over till GT5.  Till GT for PSP comes out i will play NFS Shift lol
Message 30 of 44 (1 View)