Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: What racing game can I get while i wait for GT5 ?

Sep 9, 2009

package11 wrote:

ForgetfuI wrote:

GT4 if your PS3 is Backwards Compatble, or you still have a working PS2, offers endless hours, plus its relevant.

GT3 "                    "                              "                  "                    "              " .

GT2 "                    "                              "                  "                    "              " .

GT1 "                    "                              "                  "                    "              "

Im just not interested in any other game. i just want my gt. The biggest mistake i made was selling the older ones. But this forgetful post gave me a idea. The used game shop near by might have gt4 for cheap.

I proved just 3 weeks ago, that the first 4 GTs are still available used for very inexpensive prices. GT1, 2 copies shipped $8 each. A couple of months ago, I also bought GT2 for $8 shipped. As for GT3 A-Spec, and GT4, they are available in many local game stores used  for the same prices or lower. All versions are in like new condition with all the manuals included. If you look around, they are still all out there, just waiting for a good home where they can be appreciated.
 photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 11 of 44 (4 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2636 posts

Sep 9, 2009

Ferrari Challenge is pretty good and it's also very cheap. $15 dollars new on amazon. Got mine when it was on sale for $10 at best buy and I'm impressed with the game's quality. It's got cokpit view, trophies, livery creator, weather, online and a lot of Ferraris...

Also if you don't need a simulation game then Midnight club is pretty fun.

Message 12 of 44 (4 Views)
Fender Bender
3275 posts

Sep 9, 2009

MastrGT wrote:
If you like GT5 Prologue, then you might be interested in waiting for Shift. Supercar Challenge just got released in the UK and there are lots of complaints about bugs, etc.

Shift is a new entity, though, so cautious people will wait for comments/feedback.

Cheers,

I was a beta tester on Supercar Challenge. Online the game is ok, no glitches or lag or anything; loading times for matching up to rooms are atrocious though. As for gameplay, it's not that good. It claims to have proper sim handling but the Ferrari Enzo I raced proved to have a ton of oversteer in every corner. We raced at Spa, and almost every corner had to have a very slow entry speed compared to what it would be like in real life. The c0ckpit view is very good, however, the view from behind the car is terrible. The car takes up too much of the image on the screen thus making the car seem less comfortable to drive using this view.
I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 13 of 44 (4 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Sep 9, 2009

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

package11 wrote:

ForgetfuI wrote:

GT4 if your PS3 is Backwards Compatble, or you still have a working PS2, offers endless hours, plus its relevant.

GT3 "                    "                              "                  "                    "              " .

GT2 "                    "                              "                  "                    "              " .

GT1 "                    "                              "                  "                    "              "

Im just not interested in any other game. i just want my gt. The biggest mistake i made was selling the older ones. But this forgetful post gave me a idea. The used game shop near by might have gt4 for cheap.

I proved just 3 weeks ago, that the first 4 GTs are still available used for very inexpensive prices. GT1, 2 copies shipped $8 each. A couple of months ago, I also bought GT2 for $8 shipped. As for GT3 A-Spec, and GT4, they are available in many local game stores used  for the same prices or lower. All versions are in like new condition with all the manuals included. If you look around, they are still all out there, just waiting for a good home where they can be appreciated.

I found gt4 at the local game exchange for 5 bucks, they have several copys. Im gonna go down there today and see what eles they got. This is kinda funny cause i think i read some where your in the same town.
Message 14 of 44 (4 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Sep 9, 2009
I bought an extra copy of GT4 at the game store on Pioneer Parkway in Springield for $5. The GameCrazy stores also have GT3 and GT4 often for that same price, and will guarantee the disc for 1 year for an additional $1. I have done that twice, and even had them resurface the disc before I left with it, for free. That usually costs $4 by itself.
 photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 15 of 44 (4 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Sep 9, 2009
Wow you are close Im gonna head down to the cd game exchange at 11, when they open. And pick up gt4. In the town next door.    and see what eles they got.
Message 16 of 44 (4 Views)
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Sep 9, 2009

I don't think I ever had a chance to play GT4 since I skipped the ps2 entirely

I have a copy of gt4, but since my ps3 is not backwards compatible I haven't tried it yet..

I was going to buy Dirt 2- but the rally stages are only 20% of the game, so I'll wait and see how well PD takes care of us Rally fans.

Message Edited by GTP_Rylvir on 09-09-2009 12:22 PM
Message 17 of 44 (4 Views)
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Sep 9, 2009
As someone else mentioned, NFS Shift looks to be promising. Is GT5 doesn't get released till next year, I might pick that up and play it while I wait.
 photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 18 of 44 (4 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Sep 13, 2009

This is a good year for racing fans.

Alot of good racing games (other than GT5) like Dirt 2, NFS Shift, Blur, Forza 3, will keep you company if GT5 doesn't come out this year. 

Message 19 of 44 (4 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1695 posts

Sep 13, 2009
I'm also looking for another game to keep me occupied until GT5. I tried the Dirt 2 demo and it seems as if the full game will bore me after a week. Same with NFSSmiley Frustrated but the demo isn't out yet.

The only game I really want is GT5...
Message 20 of 44 (4 Views)