Feb 20 2013
By: TRLWNC Treasure Hunter 5351 posts

What have I done?

3 replies 262 views Edited Feb 20, 2013

My child wished to restart their GT game, so I went to their login and deleted it. Now I'm downloading 21 updates.......

Is MY game lost, as well?

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 4 (262 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44511 posts

Re: What have I done?

Feb 20, 2013

When you delete game updates, you don't delete your progress file.

So you have to make sure what you did delete before we can help you more.

In the meantime, you should start saving copies of all of the GT progress files, for all players, and keep them up-to-date and organised. That way you can recover when something "happens".

Message 2 of 4 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5351 posts

Feb 20, 2013
It will be tomorrow before the downloads are complete. I'll see.
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 4 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Feb 20, 2013

there is game data and progress files... the game data is 12gb or more, with progress files usually only a few mb.

sounds like you deleted the game data which was not necessary to do for your kids to begin playing over again...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 4 of 4 (203 Views)
0 Likes