Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: What don't you want to see in Gran Turismo 6?

Jul 9, 2012

that goes to the heart of the premium vs standards debate, though.

if they HAVE the skylines, then there's no logical reason to exclude them just so you are happy with the American/Japanese car ratio (not that you personally have this stance... just an example)

if there are perfectly drivable approximations of older skylines that they don't have time to make premium, then it really doesn't hurt you to have them there to use if you choose to.

the fact is that if they make premiums to the quantity that we are used to (600 - 1000 cars) then we'll be waiting another 12 years.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 21 of 98 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jul 9, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

speedy, the premium vs standard complain doesn't do much for me, but that's just my opinion.  well it's logical too if you think about it.

GT could have been all premium by simply including fewer cars.

just think of all the great cars you couldn't drive if you had no standards?

Well if thats the case forget it I dont wanna loose cars... lol

Well the main thing about it was I couldnt take Standard cars to the Photomode and that was what troubled me.

So I guess if they allowed Standard cars into Photomode I would then have no problem at all. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 98 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jul 9, 2012
yea they could just limit the distance you zoom in if they wanted to, like in replay mode. And as I've shown, you can still zoom pretty close. but they do that to protect their image... showing a low poly-count car in a mode such as photo-mode which is intended to showcase the graphics, wouldn't make sense if it didn't look spectacular.

but the argument stands as valid, that if they care so much about appearances, there are a lot of ways to fix that other than just limiting what you do in the game so no one sees the boo boos.

Message 23 of 98 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jul 10, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

that goes to the heart of the premium vs standards debate, though.

if they HAVE the skylines, then there's no logical reason to exclude them just so you are happy with the American/Japanese car ratio (not that you personally have this stance... just an example)

if there are perfectly drivable approximations of older skylines that they don't have time to make premium, then it really doesn't hurt you to have them there to use if you choose to.

the fact is that if they make premiums to the quantity that we are used to (600 - 1000 cars) then we'll be waiting another 12 years.

My thoughts on the whole Premium / Standard discussion. There are a lot of Skylines, true. I even bought a whole bunch of them previously. I neede space a few weeks agao and sold a bunch of them. If I ever want the same exact car in the future, I'll simply look again.

Another thing that I have noticed, is that I seem to drive a larger number of Standard cars than Premium cars. I guess that I just like more of the specific cars that are Standard. I would hate it if they were no longer in the game, just be cause they had not been re-modeled.

I like Premium cars just fine, I just end up racing more Standards.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 24 of 98 (414 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jul 10, 2012

yea I find myself racing a lot of standards too.  not sure if it's more than 1/2 but it would be horrible if they were just removed because of a few jagged edges...

with that said, it would be really great if PD could find ways of improving the turnaround time for the wireframes and textures for the cars so that having 1000 premiums would some day be possible.  technology is improving all the time, and so are the techniques used with the technology.  it's certainly possible that we'll see only premiums in GT6, but I hope it isn't at the expense of a large catalog of cars.

Message 25 of 98 (390 Views)
Fender Bender
3620 posts

Jul 10, 2012

Wow.

Many will add this to the other list I am sure, but while very impressive, I do not care if it is in GT or not.  It's not what the game is about...

That said.  I thought some might like to see this.

Please read also...

http://www.mygranturismo.net/article.php?id=99

Message 26 of 98 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 10, 2012

xMedici wrote:
B-Spec. What a complete waste.
Special events, ie NASCAR, Vettel challenge.
Go Karts.

Don't mind B-Spec, although when I tell the AI to make a pass, make the pass, and keep the inside line, not slow down and let them by again, when they are on the outside and in the dirty line...so better AI as well.

Special events are okay, NASCAR can take a walk, about as technologically advanced as lawnmower racing...in fact I'd take mower racing over NASCAR.

More GT cars from American Lemans Series, European Lemans Series, FIA GT series, maybe even some of the prototypes besides the major manufacturers.

Message 27 of 98 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jul 12, 2012

dmcallis wrote:

Wow.

Many will add this to the other list I am sure, but while very impressive, I do not care if it is in GT or not.  It's not what the game is about...

That said.  I thought some might like to see this.

Please read also...

http://www.mygranturismo.net/article.php?id=99

Now they just need to make the physics for the BOLTS that hold all those panels on...

And make the front grill break not one piece, it's plastic, it shatters and breaks apart.

Still, seeing the bed flop on the on the speed bumps was really cool...

The issue becomes "just how real do you want the sim to be...?"

I can tell you way back in 98-99 playing the Papyrus Nascar game, the damage was pretty good...

As was the instant blowing of the engine when you missed a shift or dropped the clutch too hard.

Yep... Realistic as heck.

But it totally sucked in season mode getting a DNF because you blew the engine crossing the start finish line for lap 1...

I'd have a blast seeing my GTO Flying Taxi get hammered like that, but my Ferrari p330... Not so much.

I think then you introduce having to pay for repairs, which could get very pricey.

You end up dealing with DNF's, which for some is fun, but not so much when you get taken out.

There would have to be some sort of compromise between that and where we are now.

I'd like a realistic damage model, but not necessarily a "real" damage model.

Unless GT Body Shop 6 was a game too, along with GT Mechanics Shop and GT Car Factory.

Then it could be "real"...

Nice find. Did look very cool...

Photobucket
Message 28 of 98 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jul 12, 2012

greds04 wrote:

xMedici wrote:
B-Spec. What a complete waste.
Special events, ie NASCAR, Vettel challenge.
Go Karts.

Don't mind B-Spec, although when I tell the AI to make a pass, make the pass, and keep the inside line, not slow down and let them by again, when they are on the outside and in the dirty line...so better AI as well.

Special events are okay, NASCAR can take a walk, about as technologically advanced as lawnmower racing...in fact I'd take mower racing over NASCAR.

More GT cars from American Lemans Series, European Lemans Series, FIA GT series, maybe even some of the prototypes besides the major manufacturers.

No Dis B Spect intended, but money laundering isn't what I signed up for, nor what I bought GT5 for.

The Bobs are horrid, some of the worst AI to drive in a game in the history of racing games, and that includes Mario Kart.

Run the Indy Oval and watch your man see a car from 1/4 mile away a run right into the back of the car any way. Watch him hang behind a car for 1/2 a lap because he can't figure out the track is THREE cars plus wide. Watch him down shift, brake and accelerate needlessly and waste fuel and tires because he doesn't know the definition of "roll".

And my all time favorite as mentioned previously...

Downshifting into the corner at Daytona in the draft.

B Spec drivers don't use the "draft", they use the "daft" instead.

If they can't do decent AI, get rid of them.

I'd rather have a series or event generator and make my cash driving. The latest seasonals with additional rewards for challenging yourself is brilliant, that;s the kind of thing we need. Not mindless Bob grinning from ear to ear because he's discovered Enzyte and now he can't concentrate on driving because all his blood went to the wrong... noggin.

I'd like to see the "real friving simulator" stop using "fake" velcro on the walls.

I'd like to see contact result in something happening to you and your car, like cutting a tire.

Ramming the AI as a mobile wall is a joke. Almost as stupid as velcro walls.

If you want to be the real anything, make some of the painfully obvious parts "real".

If you get to the point you're going to roll over, roll over. Cars flip when certain things happen.

If you hit a wall at 200 mph, how "real" is it to drive away.

Either make the experience realistic or stop using the word "real" to describe the experience.

NO more Museum Cards. PLEASE. For the love of electrons, they're sick of being forced into mimicking my 5th duplicate 1904 Audi Card.

No more Paint Chips. How bout a paint STORE. I'll buy the paint I want, thank you. Just like I buy the soda I want, and the toilet paper I want. Talk about a waste of time and effort. Your time wasted making something and my time wasted deleting it. It's a classic case of PD making it's own mess.

At the very least, ASK me if I want the stuff. It's my hard drive after all...

At least I can delete the paint, but the cards...? You don't even let me delete the $%#@ things. That's garbage, at least give a bag to put it in.

STOP showing me the car I by in a cut screen. I don't give two fecal matters about a car headlight show and a "vroom vroom", and then another goram paint chip. And then I'm kicked back out to the main menu, so if I want another car, I have to navigate back all the way in just to do it again. My stars that's old. You are wasting my time, and that my dear PD is the #1 thing I hate most of all in the whole big wide world.

In fact, your game wastes more of my time than it does anything else.

I could actually PLAY the game more and enjoy it, except I have to constantly sit through endless menus, cut screens and then get sent back to the main menu only to go back in. And forget being in a lounge. What, can't do an Oil Change in there...? Did the track lose it's pit garage or something...? Sorry, have to kick out. Oh, and 1/2 my car information is MIA too. AND I have to wait 100 years for my standard car list to load because you can't give me a mothball/storage tab so I can put my collector cars away somewhere else.

Stop the trade limits. Make a trading point system. Use tickets or count it like prize money or XP, or even use cash. You have to pay x to trade y. Whether it's points or $, I'll pay to trade it. Just let me get rid of the goram thing and not just delete it. You can set the limits to make trading X2010's very high, so you'd have to really WANT one to trade for it. In fact, make the recipient pay to get the car too. Points to trade away, cash or cars of equal value to get one. That's what trade is, right...?

Enough with not allowing wheels to be changed or cars to painted or numbers to not be changed and all that. I do so love to be on track with 12 identical cars. It sucks.

Why did you make RM's...?

You don't use them for anything.

Why did you make Spec Racers...?

You don't use those for anything either.

And for the love of all that is racing, fix the car numbers. Almost 2 years and the S2000 racers still all have the same number, 30 on the doors and 33 on the hood. All the colors with the same number too. How bout you just make it so we can put a number on a car...? Wouldn't that be easier..? It would help us out A LOT. Maybe even allow us to paint the colored half of the car too...?

And lastly, fix the lounge so it's MY lounge, not anyone else's.

And make it so I can actually set up an intelligent race with specific specs, not the 1/2 buttockal regioned mediocre 1/2 specs we have now.

Realize rules need to be enforceable. Not everyone is as honest and upright as you all are.

Stop waiving that carrot out there only for us to realize it's just a paper cut out...

Enough ranting. Time for pain meds...

Photobucket
Message 29 of 98 (344 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

that;s the kind of thing we need. Not mindless Bob grinning from ear to ear because he's discovered Enzyte and now he can't concentrate on driving because all his blood went to the wrong... noggin.

lol awesome.

"Meet Bob, his wife doesn't like baby carrots, she likes the full sized grown-up carrots.  BOb's Friend Dave has a bigger carrot and his wife is very happy"... proceed with BBQ scene full of inyerendos.

Just click "Enter Course" and be done with it!

Dan_Zitions wrote:

At the very least, ASK me if I want the stuff. It's my hard drive after all...

not if the "cloud" has anything to say about it.

viva la hard disk!

Message 30 of 98 (333 Views)
0 Likes