Treasure Hunter
5443 posts

Re: What don't you want to see in Gran Turismo 6?

Sep 6, 2013
I wonder, though.....

Will the updated disk STILL have the DLC to buy, or would some/most/all of it be free with the new disk after X amount of time.....?
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 91 of 98 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 6, 2013

DLC and the wya it is implemented will make people mad, regardless.  No matter what they do.  Some will complain when their ability to try out DLC tracks in a friend's lounge is taken away, not realizing they've been gifted free content for that time period.  Some will complain that they ahd to pay and others are getting for free during that period.

You see, there is always a way for someone who wishes to argue and fight, to continue to do so.  Just be careful of adding fuel to the fire that you know is not going to be extinguished Smiley Happy

The "trap" we keep falling into is that we see an invalid argument and want to correct it.  An honest person will actually appreciate being corrected because it only helps everyone get closer to the truth.  A disingenuous person will look for any opportunity to "get you back" and find fault with anything you've said.  Find some way of twising what you said to make them right again...

Eventually, one just gets tired of it.  I realized that it takes too much energy and if I see no results, I'm not going to use that energy on someone who isn't receptive to it.  It's a complete waste of time, folks!

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 92 of 98 (288 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Regarding DLC, something I don't want to see in GT6 is the largely random hodge podge of cars / tracks we had in GT5.  I'd much prefer to see proper DLC themed packs maybe based on a type of car or a race series, for example:

Classic Muscle Car DLC Pack

A selection of classic 60s / 70s muscle cars (70s Camaro, Pontiacs, Oldsmobiles, Plymouths, Mercurys, AMCs and such) accompanied by a few tracks such as GT's own Seattle track and a couple of other real American road courses.

DTM DLC Pack

Each of the 3 basic DTM cars from the 2012 season (1 Audi, 1 BMW, 1 Mercedes) that come with either a generic manufacturer or PD / GT livery (to avoid team licensing issues) but an be repainted to allow some variety. A few tracks that were featured in the 2012 DTM calendar such as Hockenheim, Valencia and Zandvoort

Something like I think would be much more useful and interesting to use rather than the odd track here and there or seemingly random selections of cars in the GT5 packs.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 93 of 98 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

exXboxFan wrote:

DLC and the wya it is implemented will make people mad, regardless.  No matter what they do.  Some will complain when their ability to try out DLC tracks in a friend's lounge is taken away, not realizing they've been gifted free content for that time period.  Some will complain that they ahd to pay and others are getting for free during that period.

You see, there is always a way for someone who wishes to argue and fight, to continue to do so.  Just be careful of adding fuel to the fire that you know is not going to be extinguished Smiley Happy

The "trap" we keep falling into is that we see an invalid argument and want to correct it.  An honest person will actually appreciate being corrected because it only helps everyone get closer to the truth.  A disingenuous person will look for any opportunity to "get you back" and find fault with anything you've said.  Find some way of twising what you said to make them right again...

Eventually, one just gets tired of it.  I realized that it takes too much energy and if I see no results, I'm not going to use that energy on someone who isn't receptive to it.  It's a complete waste of time, folks!

That's a very good point, kudo for you.

And you're also right that no matter what PD does, there is someone out there somewhere that will complain about it because it's not good enough.  If you live in America these days, that's what our country has turned into, a bunch of whiners till we get our way, which in turns ruins things for the many just to satisfy the few because heaven forbid someone feel like their not being treated fairly rather than having to deal with reality.  In a lot of ways, this country has given up a lot of it's founding principles because of it.  But anyway, this rant is for a different topic on a different forum board altogether.  LOL  Sorry!

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 94 of 98 (270 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Feldynn wrote:

Regarding DLC, something I don't want to see in GT6 is the largely random hodge podge of cars / tracks we had in GT5.  I'd much prefer to see proper DLC themed packs maybe based on a type of car or a race series, for example:

[car packs]

Heck yeah!  I know a lot of people who feel that way.  Hopefully that's what they'll do, at least some of the time.  But with the promise of "DLC every month" it is more likely that cars will be released in small packs.  I could be wrong though...

Also, the cars shown so far seem to have more cars in a class category rather than just the hodge-podge selection that is not as easy to race together on a track.

We've sent the signal, and they appear to have received it and reacted at least a little, but how much is only something time will reveal. Smiley Wink

L_B, lol don't get me started on that topic Smiley Very Happy

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 95 of 98 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3756 posts

Sep 6, 2013
The European pre-order bonus does lend hope -

The cars were divided into "packs" of related cars, if you remember...

Hopefully DLC will continue the "trend"...
Message 96 of 98 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Sep 6, 2013

exXboxFan wrote:

I believe this is part of the Crap Money Theory as in some folks could crap money and still not be satisfied.

Message 97 of 98 (254 Views)
Wastelander
682 posts

Sep 6, 2013

as answer to the question in thread title no more cars that are aimed at commuters. example being the Opel Tigra in GT5 in it's description the profess it is not a driver's car, so why is it in the game. in the game we are taking the cars to the track so give us cars that encourage the joy in driving. don't get me wrong there is room for the Civics but give us the Si models the ones made and designed with the driving enthusiast in mind.

Message 98 of 98 (247 Views)
0 Likes