Jul 07 2012
By: xMedici Lombax Warrior 123 posts

What don't you want to see in Gran Turismo 6?

97 replies 828 views Edited Jul 7, 2012
B-Spec. What a complete waste.
Special events, ie NASCAR, Vettel challenge.
Go Karts.
Message 1 of 98 (828 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: What don't you want to see in Gran Turismo 6?

Jul 7, 2012

Anything resembling Forza, Need For Speed, Burnout, Midnight Club, any of their clientele.....................Smiley Very Happy

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 2 of 98 (815 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

Ha ha. Nice reply SWERV :-)

What don't I want to see in GT6? The inability to sell back certain cars. I found that a lot of the time I would try to sell a car back after buying it only to be greeted with a pop-up window saying it cannot be sold and asking if I want to permanently remove it from my garage.

Why if I can buy the car from the dealership, can I not then sell it for in-game credits. I'm not selling / trading / gifting it to another PSN user.

I can see why they would limit the DLC cars being sent to other PSN users, but not being able to sell for in-game credits is silly.

Message 3 of 98 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

@ New York Native. At some time in the game, credits will no longer be a huge issue. Especially if you hook up with some good friends that run your Bobs B-Spec. As long as you log in daily and keep your Bonus at 200%, it seems like the cash is more than enough. Also having friends that send you Tickets helps immensely. My brother has been sending LVL23s to my PKR_SWERVGRIFFIN acccount. As of last night when I stated flipping them, I had 16 of them. As the least expensive car that you can get from a LVL 23 is 2 million, you can see how credits start to be less important than earlier in the game. MATTCLK has been generous as is humanly possible with me, sending me countless items and running my guys. So has DaletonaDave. I've been passing on their generosity to others. In this way, the circle of generosity grows exponentially.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 4 of 98 (802 Views)
Sackboy
538 posts

Jul 7, 2012

xMedici wrote:
Special events, ie NASCAR, Vettel challenge.
Go Karts.

GoKarts?  really?  You must not have a wheel.  Karts are among the most fun to drive in this game. 

I agree with SWERV, as long as it's got nothing to do with Fartza and the other arcade racers I'll buy it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 98 (791 Views)
Fender Bender
3655 posts

Jul 7, 2012
What do I not want to see? Limits caused by the utter REFUSAL to use the freakin' Hard Drive. You should only be limited in the number of cars or items to what will fit on your HD, not what will fit in the limited memory at one time of the PS3/4.

Maybe GT6 WILL be on the PS3 still but be redesigned to properly use the available storage... This would free up a good deal of RAM and let them address things like say shadows, etc.
My first computer of my own had 16kB. Not 16mB, 16384 bytes of memory. So I learned to use every byte. Why in the heck could PD not have seen the 512mb limit of the PS3, but the many GBs available on the HD and use it? They use it to cache the Game Disc for speed, why not use it to free up a bit of RAM?

Ok, rant over... Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 98 (784 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jul 7, 2012

I don't want to se B spec drivers brake and downshift in the corners at Daytona. Doing a remote race now and it's painful to see my driver refusing to pass even when he's got a run on somebody..lol

Message 7 of 98 (775 Views)
Monster Hunter
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

I'll agree with Grease Monkey on Karts here, but even without a wheel they are fun, Cote D'Azur, that chicane + Karts = Helicopter spins, they are fun and should always remain on gt series games.

Also while bspec may seem pointless, it isn't. On GT5 its is mainly a banking system, and a way to help friends/n00bs into the game money/exp wise. I would like it to revert to the old way where your trained B-spec races could assist you during Endurance races, IRL 1 person isnt expected to drive 24h straight, why should we be.(yes i know you can pause/lock game on endurance events)

What i don't want to see in GT6:

I'd like cars that suffer ghost from either penalty, or being back marker to not show up ghosted on replays, ruins some great photo op's.

I don't want to see the lack luster career, right now it has no  career feel to it, just a list of races...I'd like to see you being brought through lower tier racing to higher tier racing, career paths, rally/superGT500/F1/Nascar ETC, Trials to join race teams within said leagues etc.

I dont want to see a car hit a wall at 100-250mph(reminds me of NFS!!!!) and then get back on track, continue racing. There should be a "Did Not Finish" setting that can be turned on/off, for a more realistic race feel.

Message 8 of 98 (772 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5002 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

xMedici wrote:

With all due respect, I feel it's actually a complete waste NOT to use B-spec IMO. Smiley Surprised

I wasn't too keen of it at first, but I did it just to see what it was all about. Meh... Smiley Indifferent

Then came "B-Spec Remote Racing" via one of the earlier game updates. I've been LOVING it ever since. I can make a couple million overnight while I sleep, or while at work. Earning extra ingame credits doesn't get much easier than that. I can use that money to buy anything. Lately I've been buying up cars just because I don't have them yet, or for the paint chips, because I've got literally more money than I know what to do with anymore. Smiley LOL

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they did away with Rally races, and the Godawful Xcars (what a waste Smiley Surprised ), then add MORE nascar races. It's pretty bad when PD can do nascar better than the devs doing the newer "official" nascar games.

But I'd never go so far as to try & deny others from their favorite aspects of the game. Smiley Wink

Edited for spelling

Message 9 of 98 (742 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Jul 7, 2012

I like B-Spec.

Special events were actually more enjoyable for me. Racing against AI isn't much of  a challenge. I quite liked the AMG series.

Karts are a good learning tool and a different kind of racing. A great addition in my opinion.

What I don't want to see in GT6;

The current paint chip collection system. A simple unlock system, where once you've attained a paint colour it is there in your library to be used as you please any time would sufice.

Oil changes, engine wear and chassis flex. They are cute if GT is an RPG. For someone who races with GT competitively as a sim, and needs their cars in prime condition, it's a nuisance. Having the run a car 200 miles to break it in means a lot of wasted time preparing cars. NASCAR oval racers have to have 2 and 3 cars ready for a night of racing if they don't want to be popping in and out of the online lobby to do oil changes all the time.

Unavailable cars. As someone who runs  a league I can't usually run events for rare Standard cars, especially those that cost more than 1 million credits. If there were a full service standard car dealership we could run a series for the R8 LMS or the Zonda LM and cars of the like, but with the current system in place it always happens that someone who wants to race can't because they don't have the car, so we just don't go there.

DriverSports.org
Message 10 of 98 (727 Views)