Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Re: What don't you want to see in Gran Turismo 6?

Jul 8, 2012

ForgetfuI wrote:

I like B-Spec.

Unavailable cars. As someone who runs  a league I can't usually run events for rare Standard cars, especially those that cost more than 1 million credits. If there were a full service standard car dealership we could run a series for the R8 LMS or the Zonda LM and cars of the like, but with the current system in place it always happens that someone who wants to race can't because they don't have the car, so we just don't go there.

I agree with this 100%, The Wed night league i am part of lets each racer/participant pick 1 nights races, 2 races/tracks/track settings/race setting/assist settings, when it comes to cars its always kinda numbing knowing we'll be racing a common and easily attainable car, due to the fact all the cool ones are hit n miss on wether they caught it in the UCD/OCD, or won a certain event already.

I do think some cars should only be prizes, and some cars should be rare, but they are so many cars locked into random  oportunity its crazy and crap

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 98 (378 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
838 posts

Jul 8, 2012
I would love to see the limits to cars and cash gone forever. I have to clean out my garage all the time in order to make room for new or lower mileage cars. I would love to see the limits to our friends list lifted (ok, this is actually a PSN issue). I would love to see all rims be replaceable as some are intolerably ugly!
 photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 98 (369 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6655 posts

Jul 8, 2012

ForgetfuI wrote:

I like B-Spec.

.....Unavailable cars. As someone who runs  a league I can't usually run events for rare Standard cars, especially those that cost more than 1 million credits. If there were a full service standard car dealership we could run a series for the R8 LMS or the Zonda LM and cars of the like, but with the current system in place it always happens that someone who wants to race can't because they don't have the car, so we just don't go there.

I also wish that PD would fix this. I wish for the time being, that people that we race with would quit being so lazy and not trying everything in their power to get these " Rare Cars".

I have offered countless times to supply as many LVL 19 Tickets to many different  groups as they need in order to get R8 LMS Race Cars. Sure it takes time. Anything great does. I get weary of the people that I know crying that they don't have some certain car. I have all the cool cars. You know why? Because instaed of complaining and blaming PD for "faults in the game" I did what any reasonable person would do and did the work to work around the imperfections in the game.

You know better than almost anyone that I know, how much we had to do workarounds starting with GT5 Prologue. It is not impossible by any means, but there is work involved. You and clacksman know this especially well, because of all the things that you came up with to enable our League to run such a variety of races. I'm sure that you also remember how much work that it is.

Many racers just want to show up with nothing but their skills and race. It seems like they want us to do all the legwork. to me that is lazy, disrespectful , and wrong. My time is just as valuable as any one else's. I've been working hard to make sure that I have entire collections of cars that we might want to race in the future, just so when the time comes, we would be ready.

/ end rant.:smileywink:

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 98 (360 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I'd like to see Museum Cards go away. If it eats up enough disc space to keep one more premium car out of the game, it's not worth it. Also, the used car dealership can leave. Waiting for a particular car to show up is a pain. I have a mortgage to pay- I can't go on every day and wait for it. Make all cars available all of the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 98 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 9, 2012
I agree...get rid of the museum cards...while they are neat for a little bit, but when everyone log's in and gets some...what's the point of sharing them? Again...I agree with the paint chips...a system to "unlock" the colors would be a MUCH better way to go. Do away with the limited garage space too. Not that I'm close to filling my garage, but I can see how this would cause issues.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 98 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8417 posts

Jul 9, 2012

the issue of not being able to sell back cars makes a lot of sense.

I originally hated the way they have it, but I later realized the wisdom of forcing you to keep certain cars.

You can't get them again and eventually you'll want them all.

if you sell it, it's gone in some cases, and no way to trade it back again.  or at least, it's really hard to get it again.

GT5 forces you to progress through the game and doesn't give you many shortcuts.

as Swerv mentioned, after a while we all have so much money we don't know what to do with it.

the issue that was fixed is that PD didn't initially make it easy enough to earn cash.  Now it's a breeze.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 98 (312 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Jul 9, 2012

What I dont want to see is...

Premium/Standard cars.

I want all of the cars to be premiums.

I disagree with OP on the Bspec that was a good "rainy day" money.

That would be all I dont have to much complaints with this game. Looking foward to GT6

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 98 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Jul 9, 2012
I agree about the carts. I do not have a wheel and those are the most frustrating things with a controller :smileymad:

Bspec is tons of fun though, so keep that please :smileyhappy:

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 98 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8417 posts

Jul 9, 2012

umm... karts are easier with a controller than a wheel because there is no shake.  though, it may be easier with a wheel to decide what inputs to give it... so either way.

speedy, the premium vs standard complain doesn't do much for me, but that's just my opinion.  well it's logical too if you think about it.

GT could have been all premium by simply including fewer cars.

just think of all the great cars you couldn't drive if you had no standards?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 98 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4137 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Swerva...burnout is a great game sir...lol

But other than that I want less Skylines. Keep a few but we dont need massive ammounts of skylines.

#Reapers
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 98 (292 Views)
0 Likes