I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

What I'd like to see:

1. More refined setup tuning: Currently, many tuning settings are unrealistic or don't make sense. For example, we can run 10 degrees of camber, something you'd never ever see in real life, while only being able to put a maximum 1100lb/in spring (most cars only go up to 1000lb/in and some much less than that), too low for many race cars. Different tuning side to side, not just front to back. Lower and higher ride height settings; plus ride height settings as a tangible number such as 4cm off the ground (what exactly is a ride height of zero in GT5?). Tire pressure adjustments, caster adjustments. Simpler transmission settings; being able to adjust each gear by the thousandth is too much. Give us 10-20 settings for each gear and final, or at least give us the option so I don't have to spend 5 minutes to make 1 gear longer or shorter. Quick damper settings.
  2. Dynamic chart or diagram to show how current setting affect the car: Could show loaded ride height, curb weight, tire temperature inside, middle, and outside, tire pressures, etc.This would allow us to see how our adjustments are working, and at least we'd finally have a way to know how much camber to use.
  3. Realistic tire model: Currently, the grip on acceleration doesn't match the side to side grip, that needs to be fixed. Tire wear and degradation needs to be more realistic. Tires should be more individualized, a "comfort tire" shouldn't be available for a race car, and the same racing slick for that race car shouldn't be available for a Kei car. Tires shouldn't just be a grip multiplier, they should have unique characteristics. Street tires should have a more forgiving slip angle than race tires. Race tires should require a substantial amount of force going through them to operate properly.  Racing tires for endurance race cars should be able to last multiple stints (Toyota ran 5 stints on a set of tires at Le Mans this year, that's at least 55 laps, or 3 hours of running!). The hardest racing tires for a Formula car should struggle to make a 90minutes of running. Qualifying tires pretty much no longer exist, so we shouldn't have any tires that only last 2 or 3 laps.
  4. Ability to start a session with a specific amount of fuel in the tank
  5. Ability to take only fuel, only tires, or change only a specific tire(s) in a pit stop.
  6. Racing Modifications for all cars, or failing that, give us more aero kits to bolt on, let us bump out the wheel arches, and put bigger, wider tires on to make our own race cars.
  7. 30+ racers for online racing (40+ would be amazing; if the car count could increase x2 from PS2-PS3, I expect the same from PS3-PS4)
  8. Password protected online racing rooms
  9. More host control for online rooms; allow specific cars, specific tuning parts, specific HP, weight, PP, etc. requirements
  10. More online room race settings: Standing start, rolling starts available on all tracks; specific pit procedures (work can't be done while fuel is going into car, NASCAR style pit stops, 2 tire changers, 4 tire changers, F1/DTM style stops, etc.), timed races, adjustable tire wear/fuel consumption rate
  11. Flag system for online races; Blue flag for lapped traffic, yellow flags to alert drivers of upcoming danger, etc.
  12. More realistic slipstream effect (less of a boost)
  13. Custom FOV settings
  14. Ability to turn off in car steering wheel and driver
  15. More realistic aero drag; give us a reason to run anything other than max downforce all the time
  16. Different sized fuel tanks for different cars and different fuel delivery methods; pressurized refueling for F1, gravity fed fueling for NASCAR and sports cars, why not standard fuel pumps for non race cars? (that's what they use in the Dubai 24 hours Smiley Very Happy)

Message 71 of 509 (929 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4920 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I think maybe PD should take the money they would spend on all Gar's suggestions and just sponsor him in a real race series.  Then put him in GT6 to show us how to do it.   Smiley Wink

Message 72 of 509 (925 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45100 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Point #8 alone was worthy of a kudo, but I just don't see us getting modified wheelarches any time soon.

Message 73 of 509 (922 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Gar529 wrote:

• Ability to start a session with a specific amount of fuel in the tank

I definitely support many of those additions/changes, especially that one.

For my kart series, it would be very useful to make it possible to run out of gas so that teams have to work together and conserve fuel Like in the Tour de France and cycling you have to conserve your energy to "climb" through stages.

Would make it even more like the real tour

Oh, and we still need a Paris finishing stage!!  Pretty please?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 74 of 509 (914 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Aug 17, 2012

OzDaddy62 wrote:

I think maybe PD should take the money they would spend on all Gar's suggestions and just sponsor him in a real race series.  Then put him in GT6 to show us how to do it.   Smiley Wink

That would be nice, but I had my chance and lost out to some stiff competition Smiley Sad.

If anyone else wants to give me a shot we could probably make the CTSCC race at Lime Rock Park Smiley Very Happy

(^^^ I'm serious!)

Message 75 of 509 (912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 21, 2012

And Also get better sound Enginelike this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehLBGbb9tBYMan Happy

Message 76 of 509 (897 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Aug 22, 2012

I highly dought the PS4 is going to look like that.  Can you imagine how much that technology would cost?  Not going to happen.

Here is my revamp of what I'd like to see in GT6.

Imagine looking at the main menu in GT Life and the GT Auto, Tune Shop, Used Car Dealership, and that semi delivery truck are GONE from the screen.  Frees up a lot of space to for new features and game modes doesn't it?  Why do I say remove these??  Here goes....

...If we go into our Garage, pick a car, then select the Tune option at the bottom of the screen, we can buy all the same parts that are in the Tune Shop section of the game except for weight reductions and engine upgrades.  Why not just include those two things when in the garage?  You no longer need a whole seperate menu section of the game for what we can already do from within the Garage.

Oil changes, painting, rims, engine tune ups should also be sub sections right from within the Garage.  No reason to have a seperate section of the game for that either.  In real life, all these aspects of car modification and repair take place in some type of garage, weather it be in our personal garage or taking it to a mechanics garage to perform these tasks.

Along with that, REMOVE the anamations.  I don't need to see my car raise, some dude craw under it to change my oil, etc.  I don't need to see the quirky anamations, just instantly change my oil, tune my engine, paint my car and be done with it.

Remove the delivery truck semi.  If we win cars from playing the game or from Seasonal Events, just place the car directly into our garage with a " New " badge icon over the thumbnail so we can easily see where our new cars are.  Clicking on the semi, accepting the car, etc is unnecessary game anamations, menus, clicks, etc.  Just put them directly into the garage.

Eliminate the Used Car dealership section.  I don't mean eliminate 'used cars' just that menu section.  When you go into the regular dealership, the cars are seperated by manufacturer.  If you click on one, Ferrari for example, you see all the cars for sale, along the side of the screens would be two tabs like we see in our garage, one says "New" the other says "Used".  We could then click back and forth between these two tabs and see all the New and Used Ferrari's for sale within ONE dealership.

These ideas are meant to streamline the game.  No reason to have a seperate Tune Shop when we can buy all the parts within our Garage.  It's duplication which I'm sure takes extra game programming to do that's not necessary.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 77 of 509 (881 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 22, 2012

I can agree with much of that.... the menus take your whole "GT Life" to get through and then there is less time for actual racing/tuning.

Used cars should be cars discarded by other players and part of an online dealership.

presumably we'll have no more desparity between Standards and Premiums (though I still support the decision to give us the st andards as a bonus to the smaller number of premiums that would have been feasible).  So if there are no more standards, then the "USed" cars become something entirely different.  Instead of being older 3D modelled cars from a previous game, the ycould actually BE USED CARS.  Used and discarded for some reason by another player.

There's no reason to ever buy a car in Premium trim and have miles on it.  If the structure of how expensive cars are compared to where the yshould be used in the game progression is set to something that makes sense, then players will only be able to obtain a car at the appropriate point in their career.  Experience points could still exist, but hopefully that is revamped too.

As for tickets and receiving them.  All that is needed is fewer steps for redeeming the tickets.  I feel that tickets need to remain, so that we can send and trade and share to help each other out as a community.  But having to first receive the ticket, then go to the pickup area to turn the ticket into a car, then go to the garage and then to GT auto.  It takes minutes and if you have ADD it takes an hour for you to remember what the frak you're even doing!!!!!!!!!!

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 78 of 509 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

If GT6 had 100% premium cars in it, there could still be "used" cars in the game.  I can either buy a brand new F40 with zero miles on it for 60,000 credits and pick the color of my car, or I can go into the used section and buy a used F40 for $45,000 that has 47,354 miles on it, oil needs changed, engine needs a tune up, and your stuck with whatever the color is. 

So, depending on how much you want to spend, if you're buying the car just to participate in a set of events and most likely will never drive it again after that because you don't like F40's, you might be more apt to buy the used one instead of brand new car.  Wouldn't really have anything to do with premium vs standard.

But, I like your idea that if you want to sell a car you have, you can either sell it back to the game for a flat price, or have a in game - online dealership where we can upload our cars with a brief description, and set the selling price.  Your credits get transferred to me and you download the car like getting a gifted car.  The fun thing about it is, selling your cars at a competitive price because you know someone else might be selling a F40 for 5,000 credits cheaper than you.

What would make selling cars to each other even more exciting would be having more rim types, spoiler types, ability to tint the windows, paint the car any color we want with a color palette, rims as well, ability to race mod more cars, etc.  Have so many different mod options someone could truly create a unique looking car and sell it to people online.  Hell some people would make doing that their favorite thing to do for other people is make custom cars and put them up for sale in the online dealership.  I like the idea and think that would be cool.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 79 of 509 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

nvm

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 80 of 509 (856 Views)