I Only Post Everything
1149 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran tourism 6?

Sep 26, 2013
Lol.... I was thinking exact same thing
aka smokeethetire
Message 501 of 509 (3,349 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

Sep 26, 2013
Great idea. Just wish you wouldn't have to be so demeaning about or insulting as in the last sentence.
I know, can't make you change for how you express it but then again I can express how I hate how you insert some sort of insult.
What I would like to add to your great idea is that it would be good for one to also choose the max amount of players. I wouldn't want to wait for 16 but say maybe 10, 12?
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 502 of 509 (3,348 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Sep 26, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
Great idea. Just wish you wouldn't have to be so demeaning about or insulting as in the last sentence.
I know, can't make you change for how you express it but then again I can express how I hate how you insert some sort of insult.

PD's AI is an insult to US... Where's the outrage about that?

And, as I've pointed out, PD don't need you to stand up for them. They seem to do a magnificent job ignoring us all, for good OR bad. If you personally feel insulted because a fact (there's no denying how bad the AI are) is brought up in context (no real NEED for an idea like that one if the AI were capable of pushing us) about the game, perhaps it's time to think about how you relate to a VIDEO GAME.

It's not a religion, you are allowed to question the 'Maker', you are allowed to point out his faults, and you are allowed to get somewhat peeved when he continually ignores your legitimate needs (anyone want to argue that a competitive AI isn't one of the primary needs of a racing game?) and expects you to pay through the nose for something little improved over the previous game.

I did not feel my post was an insult. It was a very basic description of facts. PD have shown, repeatedly, that they CAN'T get a grip on AI code, and if you feel that's an insult to PD, maybe the answer is not to keep pointing it out, but for PD to change..?!

Message 503 of 509 (3,341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Sep 26, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
What I would like to add to your great idea is that it would be good for one to also choose the max amount of players. I wouldn't want to wait for 16 but say maybe 10, 12?

There used to be a form of matchmaking in Shift. I seldom remember having to wait too long for a room to fill up and start. If you think of 8 million people playing, I doubt any auto matchmaking system would take long to fill a room.

I think a greater problem to this idea would be keeping it clean. This is where things like License Tests linked to higher level A-Spec races (can't participate in higher PP races until Tests that judge how you race in a pack are passed, for instance), and better in game stewarding would make all the difference.

I think it would be fairly easy for the game to adjudicate track cutting much tighter. The TT's already have FAR tighter track cutting penalties than any race does, and I think it would be easy to lift a penalty if the game detects a car being hit INTO a track cut (one of the issues at the moment). There's far too much cutting 4 off to gain an inside advantage online, and ALL 4 off excursions, unless caused by contact should get an engine cut.

In a way, Kaz has made a sports game, like Madden NFL, but he has omitted to put in the rules! Imagine an NFL game where you were allowed to break NFL rules... The outcry would be horrendous! But Kaz has no problem making a racing game with almost no rules at all! At some point or another, we need to start to ask that the game steward the racers better. Then ideas like that one become practical.

Message 504 of 509 (3,337 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

I can agree and respect your replies. Very good points.
You have to agree however, that the AI's have always been a challenge to developers. I watched a show on that(can't remember the title) talked about that challenge. It's a challenge with every sort of game out there. Yeah, as time goes by it seems that developers are getting closer with any sort of competitive AI. Yes, I'm all for improved AI and hope that it is better.
Anyway, loved your idea but I would still like to control the # of players in a room. As for great, clean players. Well, that will always be like playing Russian roulette. At least they can always be rejected or should I say ejected.

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 505 of 509 (3,327 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Sure, AI coding is hard. But other games have done it MUCH better...

So it can be done. Can PD do it, though? Kaz said recently in an interview that there are many people left on the GT6 team that have been around since GT1. Perhaps this is part of the problem..? If your team can't code a decent AI, perhaps it's time for new people?

While it may be laudable to say you want the AI to be as real as the racers, in the end, what is their function? To push you, to race you, to keep up with you, to beat you if you slip up... Does it really matter HOW it does this? If the AI need simpler grip physics, if they need some boost to keep up, if they rubberband to an extent, does that really MATTER..? If the end result is that they push you?

What is better? AI that have the same physics as you, and suck so bad, you lap them after a few laps, or AI that bend (or break) the physics rules, but press you for a whole race?

Me, I'm in the latter camp.

Message 506 of 509 (3,320 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
867 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran tourism 6?

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2013

greyghost2 wrote:

More championship series where you begin at the championship logo and work right on through the races.

Great idea, greyghost2! I hadn't thought of that yet!!

BANG

Edit: removed recent off-topic posts

U--J

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 507 of 509 (3,263 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Oct 4, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

F1Cheetor wrote:

PD's AI is an insult to US... Where's the outrage about that?

And, as I've pointed out, PD don't need you to stand up for them. They seem to do a magnificent job ignoring us all, for good OR bad. If you personally feel insulted because a fact (there's no denying how bad the AI are) is brought up in context (no real NEED for an idea like that one if the AI were capable of pushing us) about the game, perhaps it's time to think about how you relate to a VIDEO GAME.

It's not a religion, you are allowed to question the 'Maker', you are allowed to point out his faults, and you are allowed to get somewhat peeved when he continually ignores your legitimate needs (anyone want to argue that a competitive AI isn't one of the primary needs of a racing game?) and expects you to pay through the nose for something little improved over the previous game.

I did not feel my post was an insult. It was a very basic description of facts. PD have shown, repeatedly, that they CAN'T get a grip on AI code, and if you feel that's an insult to PD, maybe the answer is not to keep pointing it out, but for PD to change..?!

I'm pretty sure Polyphony Digital doesn't ignore us by much. They can't make everything TOO perfect, because if they try to make the game more perfect, then they'll end up pushing the release date to 2014, so they can't tell us that they'll have to delay, just like what happened with Gran Turismo 5, right? Smiley Tongue

There are, however, some publishers/developers that do indeed ignore us, such as Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Sega, and Ubisoft. They usually rely on their budget, rather than relying on the fans and their respective games that would have problems with it. Polyphony Digital, on the other hand, are one of the many that will never ignore us. They take a bit of time because they want to make vehicles and the tracks, including locations for Photo Mode (especially when it comes to people on the scenery), look nearly picture-perfect. If they were to release DLCs in a rushed manner, or GT6 itself, it'll end up looking bad. That's just me, but you'll get what I mean. Smiley Wink

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 508 of 509 (3,158 Views)
Fender Bender
3589 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2013

^^^^  Oh no!!!  You don't realize what you've done!

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 509 of 509 (3,148 Views)