Treasure Hunter
4921 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

Jul 10, 2013

In general terms, I'll be happy to see a game that caters to a range of players, the expert/experienced player, the new/casual/itinerant player and all those in between.  It should provide challenges for the experienced yet not frustrate the new by making them think they need to practice for weeks or months before making progress.   Some type of tiered or progressive events or difficulty adjustments for things like AI would all be good options.

If there was to be any bias in the offline portion, I'd rather it be towards the less experienced player.  That is partly because no matter how much we want things like an improved AI, the real challenge and thrill for most experienced players is the online component against real people.   Having the online community means that there will always be something available for those seeking more of a challenge than the offline provides, whatever it looks like, or how easy or hard it is.

To me it's preferable to have options for the experienced rather than barriers for the inexperienced.  So, I'm looking forward to see if they strike the right balance.

Message 451 of 509 (384 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Oz, I still think the emphasis on online ONLY racing for the experienced driver is simply a response to how poor the AI has always been, historically, in GT.

IF the AI had always been a challenge, IF a much higher level was possible for them to be set to, IF they were capable of pushing even the strongest of us for dozens of laps, I truly believe we would be seeing a FAR different culture in GT. Yes, the ultimate challenge for the good driver is to race humans. But, as I have said many, many times, you can't always find a room racing the cars you want, on the tracks you want, at the distance you want, 24/7.

At 4am, if I want to do 20 laps of Monaco in an F1 car, pushed the whole time, what are my odds? Online, basically, zero. What are my odds of being able to do this with the current AI? Again, basically zero. We have all adjusted to this reality, and seem very hard pressed to imagine it any other way. But other games have managed this. Shift2, I could do 30 laps or so and have them breathing down my neck, passing after every slip I made. It made the offline game actually enjoyable (if you could get past the nerfed input lag!), and definitely made the times when I couldn't find a clean room, or the format I wanted less frustrating.

I am afraid I honestly think that the game has for FAR too long been biased to the complete tyro. We have watched License tests (which were easier than previous GT games to start with) nerfed to the point that your granny could ace them! We see Seasonals with no adjustments away from mandating SRF on, which is an insult to the better driver. We see no upper end to the Arcade mode AI that offers much challenge to the advanced driver.

I agree with you, that we would BOTH like to see 'a game that caters to a range of players, the expert/experienced player, the new/casual/itinerant player and all those in between'. However, at the moment, I don't see the expert/experienced players' needs catered to AT ALL. For things like AI ability, contact and cutting penalties, and allowed/disallowed aids, virtually nothing is done to present a challenge to us. Unless we set up private, cloistered rooms that may often not be convenient or the desired format for each of us, we are forced to play the same 'intermediate' game others play and struggle with.

I simply feel PD could do a far better job catering to us. And a vastly improved upper end to the AI is the first and MOST important step in all of that, IMO. I have never suggested that the tyros get forced to race any differently to the way they do now. In fact, it's hard to imagine how PD could honestly make it any easier on them! But there is MUCH room for improvement at the top end of the scale. And, in the long run, it is those drivers that keep PD at the top of the field. The tyros jump from one game to another as they come out, but trade them in quickly. WE are the ones keeping PD in business over the long haul, we are probably the ones going to buy the majority of the DLC, funding the next generation...

Be nice if we got thrown the odd bone!

Message 452 of 509 (367 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Hey guys, 

Let me clarify something here:

It's OK tohave a negative opinion here.... as long as there is no insults directed at users. Comments like "This game is dumb and here is why" are ok to the moderation staff. When it gets to "X user is lame and stupid because this" - that's where we step in. 

Please keep this in mind when posting. If you REALLY don't like what someone is saying about the game... scroll on past and only engage with the users you feel like you can relate to.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Message 453 of 509 (343 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran tourism 6?

Aug 7, 2013

- boost  button 

- clutch button 

- full customize

- Nissan vtc 

- custom painting 

- yas track

Message 454 of 509 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Aug 7, 2013
There was a NOS option in 4. Might be interesting to see it return. As far as the rest, to each their own, we'll see what we get and what the response is.

Here's to all of that being good!
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 455 of 509 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

I would love to see a DLC bundle called "From the Good Ol' Days" with the most popular tracks and removed cars from the PS1 & 2 GT's Smiley Happy

Don't take my name too personally Smiley Wink
Message 456 of 509 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 8, 2013

T-H-E_W-o-L-f_ wrote:

- boost  button 

- clutch button 

- full customize

- Nissan vtc 

- custom painting 

- yas track

I highly doubt we'll see a return of the NOS button. 

1.  It was featured in GT4 which released aroudn the time when Fast n Furious was big and everyone expected to just see NOS on  everything.  If you had a sports car, heavily modded and sitting at a car show, someone would come up and ask "does it have NOS" just because they thought that was the cool thing to ask or that the car wasn't fast without it or something.  As if NOS was this special magic pixie dust that just makes cars... better'er.

2.  It's a way to cheat by not learning how to drive properly and still win against the AI.  Or, if you don't like the word "cheat", it is a shortcut.

3.  It's just stupid.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 457 of 509 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

With the coming ability to import GPS data, I'd like to see Polyphony add the capability for users to optionally use uploaded GPS data for the Custom track creator.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 458 of 509 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

Hello every one.

Now you all or some of you watch F1 racing from time to time on Speed or FOX. We all have see really grate crashies when the tires of the cars touch. So for GT6 I hope they fixed that as I'm not looking to jump in to the air or any thing but the tires not touching is just weard!

The games moniker is "The Real Driving Simulator". What's real about this photo??

photo GT5-Imagesz151.jpg

Photobucket
Message 459 of 509 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Sep 6, 2013

new to the series so I cant realy crtique like some, I would like it to have more cars if not all of the unlocked in the "arcade mode"

I like to sometimes just play a quick race and my favorite cars to use are Lambos and Ferraris but to only have 1 of each I wish there was more

Message 460 of 509 (182 Views)
0 Likes