Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

May 19, 2013

malicia_viva wrote:

My whishlist for Gran Turismo 6... (since Gran Turismo 3 really)

In order of importance:

1. better audio.  from engine sound to menu and in-game music, everything needs improvement. change that awkward way the cameras and the engine sound are connected. make it more so the sound coming from the car is one. also, I want to hear the turbo sound much clear and louder and from all camera angles. as for music, see Gran Turismo 1 for Playstation 1 (specially menu music).

2. rally needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. as it stands its boring. make it more like WRC with point to point stages, and with more authentic rally driving physics.

3. add motorbikes. this would be a huge selling point, and would make for some awesome online meets.

4.  add a mode were you can set up your dream races. set everything from which cars participate, to what upgrades they will have, grid position, amount of laps, a-spec or b-spec, etc.

5. more real world tracks. specially less-known ones like New Jersey Motorsports Park.  sometimes these tracks are more fun to drive in than the more popular ones. also, add a Drag Strip.

6. car damage. both physical and mechanical.

7. remove the rev limiter. let us blow up the engine if we are not careful.

8. less versions of the same cars! example, far too many mazda MX-5s, nissan GT-Rs, mitsubishi 3000GTs, etc.

9. would love to see more of highway tracks like the special stage route 7 from gt5. maybe even add some sort of traffic and/or traffic rules. Smiley Tongue basically make a more real highway driving (racing Smiley Wink)experience.

10. revamped career mode. let me use my starting car for longer. you are always forced to buy a new car that will meet the new requirements (90s car, 4WD, european, etc.). if not, then at least add far more races were the requirements arent so strict.

11 . cars have same driving aids as the real thing. for example, if a Lancia Delta didnt have traction control in 1991 then the game version of that car will not have a traction control option at all. same with abs, etc.

12. easier way to access used cars. have more used car dealerships, or an easier quicker way to get new arrivals to show up.

thats all i can remember for now.

While I do agree with most of your wishlists, 3 and 9 are unwanted features, as 3, from your option, while motorbikes are acceptable, Gran Turismo focuses on cars, not bikes; 9 is too Need for Speed-ish as Gran Turismo's role are racing along tracks, even on the streets yes, but never with traffic volume because then it will be more of an illegal street racing than circuit racing, but I agree, I would love to see more Special Stage/Clubman Stage Route tracks.

For my own wishlists for GT6 (even though I already mentioned this, can't be sure), mine would be:

• Add female drivers for players to customize attire, not just only male drivers, for GT6
  • Weather and time changes for fictional circuits (and real world circuits) are a must. Even though it should be kept traditionally, weather and time changes should play a good role for the tracks, especially adding a bit of sleet/snow from Cape Ring (since it is set on a mountainous environment)
  • Transfer GT5 cars (premium or standard) to GT6 so players won't have to struggle to buy them again
  • More locations for Photo Mode
  • Remove recycled engine sounds for certain cars (e.g. Saleen S7 with a NASCAR engine sound)
  • Add an edit feature for reply mode to add effects such as slow-mo, inverted colors, and motion blur (just like in Gran Turismo 3), especially to share and upload videos from saved replay footages
  • Livery option for vehicles for players to personalize styles (just like in ModNation Racers)
  • More responsiveness for drivers (both male and female if possible) such as pulling the handbrake when commencing to drift even shift the transmission (stick shift and paddle shift) a bit quicker
  • Transfer racing outfits for B-Spec drivers for GT6, along with racing outfits from players who are still wearing them in GT5
  • More car manufacturers (e.g. Marussia, Koenigsegg, Ariel Motors, Hyundai, Bentley, RUF), as well as more tuner manufacturers for cars (e.g. Nismo, Mine's, Mugen, Tommy Kaira)
  • Dirt, grime and snow staining the cars whenever traversing through the rain, dirt/snow road and going through a grassy terrain

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 281 of 509 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2754 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Here's something I think we could all agree on adding---taking away rather---as well:

-No more already-on-disc "DLC."

I can't even believe PD did this when I went to get the goodies from my new copy (only had it 3 weeks now) XL Edition.

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y.
Message 282 of 509 (291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

I want PD to give us a choice to how we want the cars sound to be processed(much like they do with the physics...you know standard/professional) The current method Kaz uses removes the distortion created from the exhaust and the air, which he says is "too realistic" which may be so...BUT its not realistic with respect to the human ear(you know since humans are the audience). If Kaz did this we would have MUCH more GT fans than we do now, Forza would suffer big time.

I also want to see a more balanced representation of cars(and tracks) which means, more american cars(particularly historic ones like the Sledgehammer or the GT40 Mark II) and More Aftermarket European brands like Edo Competition and Brabus. We also need more unknown cars ike the Marrusia B1/2 and the cars like the Morgan Aero. Some famous Lemans cars from before the 60s would be awsome as well.

PD Team also needs to continue their tradition of making their own Lemans conversions from stock and concept cars. Speaking of concepts, bring back the Ford GT90 and throw in the Chrysler ME-412 and Miura concept as well, also throw in some Zagato and Pininfarina concepts too, a special collab car like the Nike One 2022 would be awesome as well.

BRING BACK THE TOYOTA GT-ONE ROAD CAR. AND BRING MORE MODERN RUFs(cant have Porsche people, PD would have to PAY EA ROYALTIES which is out of the question for them)

one more thing.....Polyphony Digital..for the love of God please dont get carried away with that little monthly DLC of yours and consistenty charge us and overcharge us for what should have already been in the game.

Message 283 of 509 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5115 posts

May 19, 2013

BelovID wrote:

Here's something I think we could all agree on adding---taking away rather---as well:

-No more already-on-disc "DLC."

I can't even believe PD did this when I went to get the goodies from my new copy (only had it 3 weeks now) XL Edition.

The reason the XL disc has dlc on it, is because it contains all game updates up to 2.0. The original disc doesn't have any DLC on it.

It seems that they give the game an update containing the DLC shortly before that DLC is released. I believe this is to make it possible for someone racing online who did not purchase a DLC car, paint chip, etc. to still be able to see that car, paint, etc. on someone else's car that did purchase it. (so everyone sees the same thing online)

DLC tracks are also done in this same manner, so it's possible for everyone to use the tracks in Seasonals, etc. but you have to have purchased the track to race online with it. (kind of like 'demo-ing' the track before you buy)

Message 284 of 509 (277 Views)
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

May 19, 2013

User-specified folders for custom courses. Can't speak for anyone else, but I've created quite a few courses now, ~150 or so, and added to that is shared courses from other players, which would be *nice to place in a separate (or more than one) folder(s)  But even for the ones I created, it would be very helpful to be able to add folders for organizing things. I have several dozen specially made for the Cappuccino RM, for instance, and it would be nice to be able to put them in their own storage area, as well as courses that have other special features (complexity, max elevation, etc.)

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 285 of 509 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

May 19, 2013

MetaKraken wrote:

• Livery option for vehicles for players to personalize styles (just like in ModNation Racers)

SSOOOOO....... You want this to be an arcade racer????!!!!!........ Hmmm.... last time I checked, this was a Simulator..... Hmmm.....

Now, custom paint jobs could/would be sweet, but, really, how many people are going to spend hours photoshopping a car? Some, but not all.

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 286 of 509 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

May 19, 2013

TRLWNC wrote:

MetaKraken wrote:

SSOOOOO....... You want this to be an arcade racer????!!!!!........ Hmmm.... last time I checked, this was a Simulator..... Hmmm.....

Now, custom paint jobs could/would be sweet, but, really, how many people are going to spend hours photoshopping a car? Some, but not all.

Forza, an Xbox 360 game, has livery options, and it's also a simulator... Smiley Indifferent

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 287 of 509 (244 Views)
Survivor
2754 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

DaletonaDave wrote:

The reason the XL disc has dlc on it, is because it contains all game updates up to 2.0. The original disc doesn't have any DLC on it.

No.

I've seen both versions. This has nothing to do with any updates. Standard GT5 disc or XLE, "DLCs" are all 100KB.

You know what that means. They were already there to begin with. It's pathetic and anti-consumer.

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y.
Message 288 of 509 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5115 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

BelovID wrote:

DaletonaDave wrote:

No.

I've seen both versions. This has nothing to do with any updates. Standard GT5 disc or XLE, "DLCs" are all 100KB.

You know what that means. They were already there to begin with. It's pathetic and anti-consumer.

I'd love to know how PD put the new Vette proto, kart space tracks, Spa & Motegi onto my 2010 disc. I seem to remember an update right before we got each one of them. The 100KB download just unlocks what we got in the update.

Have a good day my friend. Smiley Happy

Late edit for spelling. Smiley Embarassed

Message 289 of 509 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

May 20, 2013

DD is correct.

The Actual Content is in the Patches and Updates. So it's in the game for everyone to use.

But the DLC files 100KB,  are the UnLock codes so you get to use it.

The XL disc, has all the patches up to 2.0,

so you don't spend 12 hours starting with 1.0 and downloading all the patches and updates.

But I do Agree that DLC's should not have an expiration.

If it's included on the DVD, then, no mater when you purchase and install it, the DLC's should work.

Message 290 of 509 (210 Views)
0 Likes