Sackboy
538 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

Oct 23, 2012

If they do make one, they'ld have to put in some sort of fail safe so you wouldn't feel the g-forces when you crashed.  That would not be so fun.

that's what I meant with the quote.   That guy was a seriously smart guy, read all his books/letters, funny too.    Just that eventually it will be possible to have a gaming system that will trick the senses into thinking it's real.   

We can levitate a frog.  In a big enough chamber and manipulating the field it could be possible to create a full out g-force simulator but it'ld have to be massive and use huge amounts of energy. 

Or, figure out how to make the matrix or holo decks, that would be cool, creepy, but cool.

I like to think that the speed of light isn't a true speed limit as speed is relative.  I think last year they went faster then it at CERN with a helium atom?  Not sure on that, would have to look it up again, just remember reading something on physorg.  I know a couple weeks ago there was an article on space.com from some science journal.  Einstein faster than light travel link, worth a read.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 251 of 509 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Higgs Bozon and the possible confirmation of it's existence are tremendous accomplishments but there is still a long way to go before we can even contemplate what dark matter is all about. When someone can explain the two slit experiment I'll be truly impressed.

We could, given the right resources, simulate gravity here on earth.  It would be complicated to explain but imagine a skin tight, full body suit attached to pistons and wires. Each piston programmed to pull in accordance with it's location on the body suit; the torso and hips requiring more than the legs and arms. I'm not sure how you'd be able to interface with a screen given the amount of stuff attached to you but I'm just thinking out loud anyway. Gravity is experienced by us as pressure and that is why I believe this to be possible.

My favorite Einstein quote; When asked if he believed in god he replied " I have enjoyed my life here in his garden" The  nurse then said "so you believe him to be the gardener," Einstein replies, " no, I believe he is the garden".

Photobucket
Message 252 of 509 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Those piston activated simulators are good enough to train our astronauts, fighter pilots, commercial pilots, test pilots, train drivers etc.. If they are good enough for them, it's pretty bad to think they aren't good enough for us!

Many simulator designers talk about the need for the periphery of vision to be covered as the main aspect of obtaining realism. Once that is achieved, the accuracy of the G-forces on us does not need to be anywhere NEAR realistic. The brain puts the visual stuff together with the kinesthenics, and fools the brain pretty well.

This is why the PS4 doing 3 monitors (even if it's 720p, it's still better than one monitor at 1080) is the answer to getting better realism in GT games. There is always the impression you aren't going very fast when you are only looking forward, but add in those side monitors, and stuff whizzing past makes your brain really appreciate the speed... Not to mention, much better peripheral awareness that cars are sneaking up our inside or out.

The price of monitors is plummeting. Time to make the 3 monitor rig an affordable reality!

Message 253 of 509 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Oct 24, 2012

The genesis coupe, optima and others would be fun to drive in gt6.

More brands = More cars = better GT game

Message 254 of 509 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

More brands = More cars = better GT game

You know, I'm starting to disagree with this... I don't think it IS the number or selection of cars that is going to make a better game.

Change what you can DO with a car, rather than simply change the car! If PD serve up the same stale problems we have endured for generations of this game, will the AI seem better if you are in an Optima? Will you finally be able to do proper Qualy in a Hyundai? Will you be able to do standing start races offline in a Genesis? LOL

Sometimes I wonder if the reason that PD pay so little attention to racing details is they keep getting swamped by requests for this car or that, and simply go 'Obviously, these guys are only interested in the cars... I guess we don't need to make the game better!'

LOL

Message 255 of 509 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Hi

1. Release date fixed
  2.  New Modern cars (from 2000 to date) forget all those that we see and drive from GT 2,3,4.
  3. Not so much Japanese cars (20- 30 cars from nissan, toyota, honda each)
  4.  More DLC ( Tracks and Cars)

Keep dreaming...

Message 256 of 509 (244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I would like to see more F1 cars

More support for periphials ie optical sound, Trackir (completly changes the experiance)

Custom skins (even if only on your PS)

A PC version

Message 257 of 509 (231 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44370 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Welcome to the GT forum, zToltech!

zToltech wrote:

That's an interesting variation on this idea that I haven't heard before and it would solve one or two problems with doing it, too. Smiley Happy

Message 258 of 509 (226 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 24, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

Welcome to the GT forum, zToltech!

zToltech wrote:

That's an interesting variation on this idea that I haven't heard before and it would solve one or two problems with doing it, too. Smiley Happy

I'd sort of alluded to a similar idea for skins in a post I did a while ago about a DLC programme to make our own basic race mod cars.

Building on what zToltech is saying, having custom liveries / skins work much like they do in PC games might be a good way to go.  A basic example is all custom skins are stored locally, if we enter an online environment with a custom skin the other users will simply see a car with a default / generic skin on it, in order for other users to see / use custom skins they must be shared and downloaded separately.

From a GT6 perspective we could "share" a custom skin much like we share cars or tracks with friends in GT5, they can view our profile in game and download any custom skins to use themselves and see in online races if they want to.  In public rooms the general population would only see a matte white default / generic car on track if someone is using a custom skin.

Or perhaps to not have up to 16 matte white cars racing around a track the car displayed could just use the base colour of the custom skin, so if say I'm driving a Chrome Orange Metallic Lotus Esprit with some black stripes / trim and other decals then everyone else just sees an orange Esprit unless they've downloaded my livery.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 259 of 509 (220 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44370 posts

Or one of the default colours of the car could be used, s...

Oct 24, 2012

Or one of the default colours of the car could be used, such as the one it came with off of the delvivery truck.

Message 260 of 509 (216 Views)
0 Likes