First Son
3 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

Oct 5, 2012
also to be able to do anything to the body more boody kits n jus being able to do anything you want like in real life.more rim options things in that nature.
Message 191 of 509 (566 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 5, 2012
also have some car shows
Message 192 of 509 (566 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 5, 2012

There are many things I would like to see in GT6 but the one major thing that I've been pondering lately is this. 

Career Mode.

What we've got now in the GT Life section in terms of a few events in different classes / specs is ok for a basic singleplayer mode but what I'm thinking of is a much more indepth "Career" driven mode perhaps not unlike what you might see in some of the EA Sports NHL, NFL, etc type games.

Based on the License system we've had in GT for a while, a mode where you start out with a set amount of money to begin your racing career.  You buy some cheap used car and run in the sort of Sunday League / Novice weekend races to build a little cash, reputation and safety / skill point in order to buy better cars, pre-built races cars and perform racing upgrades up street cars to meet certain real or fictional racing specs.

There should be a calendar with the various races, tournaments and such mapped out in a "Season" style just like in a sports game where you have each major / minor league game marked on the calendar.  You would have to run a certain number of races in various classes in order to progress as well as pass the license tests to move up to faster cars and more prestigious tournaments.

Actions should have consequences!

Penalties and such: 

Excessive / heavy contact with other cars, cutting corners and other inappropriate racing actions should result in penalties both in race and out, ranging from warnings and stop / go time penalties to disqualifications in a race and cash fines post-race that could be tied in to some sort of Driver / safety rating system that could even restrict you from entering certain events.

Damage and repairs: 

They should also play a fairly major part, if you have heavy contact with another race car it SHOULD damage both cars, as should contact with any solid object like a guard rail.  I'm not saying we should have super-advanced and hyper-realistic impact / damage modelling but if I plough into a guard rail at the wrong angle it should cause visible and handling damage that at least requires a pitstop to fix.  Also if the car is damaged then there should be a repair bill post-race, perhaps if the car is too damaged then there should be an option to just sell it for parts / scrap if we would rather just buy a new car than pay the cost of repair.

Driver / Safety ratings and licenses: 

They should definitely play a part in any sort of career mode, like in previous GTs where we had to pass the license tests before we could access certain races / tournaments but more so for a career mode.  Those that know about iRacing might understand better what I mean by Driver / Safety ratings (though I don't mean exactly the same, just something along the lines of what they have), basically a system to keep track of often the driver has contact with other cars / objects or goes off track for example that is converted into a number or rating to show how "Clean" a driver is.

Other factors could be included in the Driver rating as I alluded to above, things like penalties and fines and other negative actions could also impact your rating and even block you from entering certain events or upgrading to the next class license, requiring you to redo a season of racing for example to improve your reputation or safety ratings to allow you to progress further.

One of the major requirements of a proper Career mode though would be an overhaul of the AI so we can have standing start races where the AI will race independantly and adapt to the situation, perhaps make mistakes and such, basically not just falling in line to follow the "best driving line" at a set speed around the track and actually race one another AND the player.

There are more options and possibilities than chicken have teeth when it comes to something like this, if I put a little more actual thought into it I could probably write out a more succinct draft of my idea but I think that does at least convey the gist of my thinking Smiley Happy.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 193 of 509 (551 Views)
Fender Bender
2967 posts

Oct 5, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

while I agree that SHOULD be a feature in GT, especially when some helmets do show the face.  there is one major problem.

genitals.

yes.  genitals.

people will put their "performance points" all over it and do all sorts of childish things.

I mulled this over a few days and without adequate measures in place (such as auto genital-recognition, code THAT!lol) you are quite right.

Heck when I read your reply it was a dead stop and like, "whoa!! he just said genitals, are we allowed to say that? and now the meaning sinks in, EWWWW yup hes right, wont work"

Shame too, I have a really cute dog lol :-) 

Message 194 of 509 (537 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Oct 6, 2012
to add on to your list: 11) An online AUCTION HOUSE (so we don't have to gift cars back and forth. // 12) Better menu music (too much saxophone) //
13) Drag racing with the tree (drag racing has seemed to really take off in GT5)
Message 195 of 509 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

The one thing I HATE most about GT 5 is the system that forces you to have to earn the cars.

How about a GT6 DLC that Unlocks the Entire Car and Track Collection. EVERY SINGLE Car and Track is then Available for you to Tune and Drive on..

My enjoyment of the Game, is Driving the cars.
That's all I want to do..

I don't want to have to Earn a paycheck, or win contests to gain a Car.

Then we can all get together On-line,  Pick out any car, and we would all have it already..

Sure, Some players really Like the Career System, and the Bragging rights that go along with the trophies..

For Me, Jumping through all of those Hoops was just a Means to the Car Collection.

Give me a DLC and I'd Gladly Pay for it..  

And one more thing I want..  Local LAN MODE, so I can have 8 to 32 friends connected VIA Lan without Needing an Internet Connection.

I would Love to Organize Track Days, or Weekend Events..
rent a conference room, a Church Hall, etc..
Get a Bunch of Players to Bring their PS3's and Driving Rigs, and Connect them all together and Host a Racing event.

Give me LAN mode..

Or even "GT6 Server for a PC", so the PC can act as the GT6 Lounge Host..

Message 196 of 509 (514 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran tourism 6?

Oct 6, 2012

MysticBond wrote:
to add on to your list: 11) An online AUCTION HOUSE (so we don't have to gift cars back and forth. // 12) Better menu music (too much saxophone) //
13) Drag racing with the tree (drag racing has seemed to really take off in GT5)

Or go buy 4za and NHRA drag racing...

GT does need a better trade system. I'd love to do away with duping and gifting all together and make trading an actual equal value proposition. Don't care what you trade, but a 20 mil vettle would require 20 mil in compensation, with a decrease in value ( a realistic depreciation, not a few thousand dollars ) for use and mileage. In other words, a "used" vettle might only be worth 14 or 15 mil, but for someone who just wants one to thrash around, it would sure beat spiffing 20 mil on a new one.

With a $ value placed on the tickets, say 10,000 for a level 1 to 5 mil for a level 24... Some accurate car prices, I mean 20 grand for a winged Super Bird...? There'd be a line a mile long at the dealership. A dollar value for paint if they insist on using the chip model, parts at their dollar value etc. An equal value trade system with a form filed out from both parties and sent via the servers like gifts are now would work fine for me, and would require no creation of an internal "currency" other than the prize money you win. It would also eliminate the need for PD to have to create yet another independent AH style program to tie up the servers. It would allow any car to be traded, in any condition and would allow all such trading to be kept in house. If another X2010 shows up on eBay, that ISP could be singled out and banned from trading as opposed to all of us suffering through the garbage that the current system has become.

You can already add your own background music. You can also turn off the game songs, or limit them to play only in certain situations. 

To add your music... Create a play list in the XMB music section. Once in game, specify the play list or songs from the XMB menu you want used. The game will play them just like the ones it has in the game. It's annoying as heck the way it's done though, as each cut scene and screen change loads a new song... You can also specify which songs get played in menu mode, race mode and replay mode. 

As that's been available for as long as I can remember, it kind of makes it obvious you really aren't bothering to look at what you're playing to closely or are a just a troll plant. Suggestions are always welcomed here when they are thought out and made with some kind of effort. Asking for something already in the game doesn't comply with either of those... At least not on the planet I'm from.

__

Feldynn and Wylde have a few good thoughts going...

It would be great to bypass the internet lag and LAN hook up to play. Being able to use a PC host, even over the net would be nice as an option as well. With a good rig as a server and a single race to host, I'd have to think lag and dependability/stability issues would be minimized. Having 3 or 4 people LAN'd in at one location and 3 or 4 at another etc. Would be an interesting way to have GT clubs pop up and get together in person and race against other clubs somewhere else on a PC host. It would in essence be a VERY private lounge. Add the ability to do a little livery work and team racing could take on a whole new concept in the GT world.

As for damage, I really do think it should just be an appropriate amount of $$ and XP docked at race end for driving like a dork fish.

It really doesn't need to be any more complicated than that. As long as it's proportionate to the cost of the car you're driving anyways. No better way to teach someone respect for a Million dollar car than dinging them 250K and 1/2 your XP points for banging it up in a race.

The in race damage model, light and heavy already work fine IMHO, although you should have to gimp along more in a damaged state than you do now. That sudden shift in the car at a buck 80 when it fixes itself is nonsense. If the car moved that much, no way I should have been able to do a buck 80 in the first place. Heavy damage forces a trip to the pits, which is fine. Just make sure I have to gimp to get there and not be able to fly at 180 MPH. I don't even care if I see the pit guys fixing it to be honest. Just put a big sign in the windshield that's red and have sounds like the engine rebuild or when a chassis refurb is done, some hammers banging etc. Have the paddle turn green, drop the jacks and then... ACTUALLY LET ME DRIVE OUT OF THE PIT LANE. Make me responsible for maintaining pit speed too...

I'd like an in depth single player mode, but I really feel it must be separate, like Arcade mode is now. I like the idea Wylde has that sometimes you just want to race, and don't want to have the restrictions of "earning cars" or not having access to certain cars. You should be able to buy any car in the dealership for that mode at any time. XP shouldn't be a factor in races like that, just higher $$ payouts to enable you to buy cars easier just to race in.

XP should be reserved for the campaign mode. I don't even care about levels so much, I'd rather see campaign mode covered by licenses. Each round of the campaign is practice for the round of license tests at the end. You can't progress until you pass the license tests. No need for "gold, silver or bronze". Either you pass and get licensed for the next level... Or you don't.

If you fail the tests a certain number of times, like 5 attempts or some such, you should have to go back and redo the races. I can see the screaming posts now, but I'd want there to be some real difficulty there. Unfortunately, all of that precludes having a decent AI for the races though. Without a really good AI, a career mode is pointless. Otherwise you would need the option for 6 or 8 players to get together for a career mode race and have it count... But if you finish 4th or worse, you'd have to race again to have it count towards moving on. This could create some chicanery with racers allowing each other wins just so everyone could move on, so I don't think I'd allow any results from those to count. But it WOULD be a way for a driver to get together and learn what they're doing wrong so they can go back and do well in the career mode race...

I really think these are a few ways PD can really use to broaden the appeal of the game beyond the simple Arcade - online - offline just have a race experience. I also think it's something they will really need to do to maintain interest in the game and their market position.

__

Photobucket
Message 197 of 509 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Until the AI are fixed, just exactly what's the POINT of any so called 'improvements' to career mode?

And if the AI get fixed, and linked to your average lap times, etc. (so they get faster as you do, and present a challenge no matter how good you get), what's all that wrong with the way things are?

Yes, I know there's a million ways that GT5 could be improved (made plenty of suggestions myself!), but if this ONE basic game-ruining flaw isn't addressed, other than online, what's the point of playing GT5 at all? Unless you get your kicks from racing Kei cars against regular sedans, or mixed class racing (where you are the only GT car in a field of LMP cars!), racing the AI is an exercise in something that just ISN'T racing. Maybe simply out horsepowering and putting racing softs on against cars with sports hards gives someone the impression they are actually racing, but it's no more realistic than being allowed to go on the field in a soccer game with 22 players ON YOUR SIDE!

So, to the OP, there really is only one thing that truly needs improving. If this isn't, and radically improved at that, nothing else is really going to matter...

Maybe it's simply time for PD to recognize their weaknesses? Turn GT5 into an online game ONLY, organize good racing by a system of lap times determining 'Division' or 'Class' (so that players of roughly equal skill face each other), and do away with the utter fiction that A-Spec is...

Message 198 of 509 (481 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Destinkeys wrote:
Until the AI are fixed, just exactly what's the POINT of any so called 'improvements' to career mode?

If this was directed at my comment about a Career mode then I'd like to point out the paragraph near the end of my post that mentioned the AI system would need to be reworked.

Destinkeys wrote:

Yes, I know there's a million ways that GT5 could be improved (made plenty of suggestions myself!), but if this ONE basic game-ruining flaw isn't addressed, other than online, what's the point of playing GT5 at all?

To my understanding this thread is about things we'd want in GT6 not simply fixes for GT5 persay, but for the sake of discussion if GT6 comes with significantly improved AI and a proper in-depth career mode (as well as a general A-spec mode like we have for those that just want to jump in cars and race in the various events) then there WOULD be a point to play the singleplayer / offline mode.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 199 of 509 (471 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Feldynn wrote:

If this was directed at my comment about a Career mode then I'd like to point out the paragraph near the end of my post that mentioned the AI system would need to be reworked.

<...snipped...>

To my understanding this thread is about things we'd want in GT6 not simply fixes for GT5 persay, but for the sake of discussion if GT6 comes with significantly improved AI and a proper in-depth career mode (as well as a general A-spec mode like we have for those that just want to jump in cars and race in the various events) then there WOULD be a point to play the singleplayer / offline mode.

I honestly don't think it will matter what they do now for GT5...

I've just had a couple days with a game that is better than GT5, will be better than GT6 if it's anywhere near GT5's level, and likely GT7 as well.

It already has a superior physics model, already has adaptive AI that actually deserve the "I" in their namesake. Has the same if not more track content. Multi player just opened up for it, but I am still getting used to the game so I haven't dived in. I can repaint/reskin any car in an external editor like photoshop. Looks better then GT on track, even includes a helmet option that will allow you to head track into turns, and it's adjustable. That's just the tip of the iceberg... It even has cars attached to the track and breaking traction proper. It drives every bit as well as GT ever did, something I honestly did not expect diving in.

The bad news for GT fans is that it's a phenomenal drive... And it's only 1/2 done.

I have to thank Ex for the push out of of GT5 land, I'd not have jumped in where I am now without it.

Though it looks that way, I don't want to cast any negative shots at PD with all of this. It simply is what it is, an honest evaluation as compared to where PD is now. It's merely the culmination of what we've all been trying to tell them for over a year now.

GT has always been the top of the heap, but GT6 is going to have a bar to beat that's going to be VERY high. I can see why Horizons went in the direction they did, and targeted the audience they did. They have NO hope of competing in this arena against competition of this caliber.

At least PD has a shot. Like the 6 million dollar man... They can rebuild it, they have the technology...

It will be a most interesting next year or so indeed.

I hope PD pulls it together and delivers, as there are times when I just don't want to be "that" involved.

That and GT has always had my racing heart.

But I have to say ATM, it looks like I may need a transplant...

___

Photobucket
Message 200 of 509 (446 Views)
0 Likes