Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

Aug 23, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

Dan_Zitions wrote:

You should also be able to adjust tire pressure and Aero on the car during a pit stop. The Pit strategy board should be able to be called up at any time while racing, so you could set up a pit stop during long straights during a run in the HUD.

Almost like having a crew chief...

one thing about doing this would be that they'd have to keep GAS and BRAKE pedals/buttons active while in the start menu.

if on a straight and you feel you have enough time to click around, fine.  but they have to let you brake and gas.  steering probably wouldn't work input-wise until you exit the menu, though.

would also be a nice feature for when you're on text chat and need to apologize for late braking and bumping a competitor... very next straight you could hit start, still gas, and type up "sorry bout that... i'll brake earlier next time"

I was able to do that on Sarthe on Tuesday with the Tunas, but that's just because I got up to 6th gear and let it coast for a moment while I typed.

not very affective though.

then in menus, if gas is still gas, and brake is still brake, they'll have to program the enter and cancel buttons to not map the same as gas/brake.  currently hitting gas is like "hell yea" and brake is "forget that".

We've got more than enough buttons...

I'm not talking about stopping the world with the menus like for chatting.

I'm talking as part of the hud key mapped like horn and wiper button adjusting.

You don't have to stop the world to flip your headlights or windshield wipers on.

Plus there's that whole big RA menu out there that could be added to or mapped for whatever you wanted.

Only time the menu comes into play is the same one we see now...

Just with buttons mapped to do the +/- fuel and rotate through your preselected tire list from the pit strategy set up.

There's an easy way to do it, just like all the other easy ways to do things...

Like exit an endurance race at the pit stop. Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 91 of 509 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Aug 23, 2012

I would like to see the ability for tire presser changes and being able to set things like toe, camber, springs, etc independently from left to right as well as front to back.  With NASCAR cars you have positive camber on tracks like Daytona on the left side yet this game only let's you set in negative increments.  Tire pressure can not only help with grip but car handling as well.  Racing games of yesteryear all had these options and abilities. 

Maybe if they remove programming code for such things that are duplicated like  car tuning in both the Tune Shop and in the Garage, might free up some space and for these types of game improvements.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 92 of 509 (499 Views)
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

Dan_Zitions wrote:

You should also be able to adjust tire pressure and Aero on the car during a pit stop. The Pit strategy board should be able to be called up at any time while racing, so you could set up a pit stop during long straights during a run in the HUD.

Almost like having a crew chief...

one thing about doing this would be that they'd have to keep GAS and BRAKE pedals/buttons active while in the start menu.

if on a straight and you feel you have enough time to click around, fine.  but they have to let you brake and gas.  steering probably wouldn't work input-wise until you exit the menu, though.

would also be a nice feature for when you're on text chat and need to apologize for late braking and bumping a competitor... very next straight you could hit start, still gas, and type up "sorry bout that... i'll brake earlier next time"

I was able to do that on Sarthe on Tuesday with the Tunas, but that's just because I got up to 6th gear and let it coast for a moment while I typed.

not very affective though.

then in menus, if gas is still gas, and brake is still brake, they'll have to program the enter and cancel buttons to not map the same as gas/brake.  currently hitting gas is like "hell yea" and brake is "forget that".

We've got more than enough buttons...

I'm not talking about stopping the world with the menus like for chatting.

I'm talking as part of the hud key mapped like horn and wiper button adjusting.

You don't have to stop the world to flip your headlights or windshield wipers on.

Plus there's that whole big RA menu out there that could be added to or mapped for whatever you wanted.

Only time the menu comes into play is the same one we see now...

Just with buttons mapped to do the +/- fuel and rotate through your preselected tire list from the pit strategy set up.

There's an easy way to do it, just like all the other easy ways to do things...

Like exit an endurance race at the pit stop. Smiley Wink

IDK, I do quit a bit of NASCAR racing and its close bumper to bumper drafting at 220mph+, two and sometimes 3 lanes wide virtually every lap.  It takes some consentration to hold your line, watch out for others, etc.  I can't imagine trying to race like that while messing with a HUD preparing my pit strategy at the same time and not wreck people.  That's like texting and driving at the same time.

I think the addition of tire pressure, camber, toe, etc added to the pit window box would have to work the same as it does now, you'd just have to be a lot quicker at making the changes and selecting OK before you entered your pit stall.  Of course if your pit stall is the last one on pit road, you really don't have time too.

I would love to see these suggestions happen for pit stops, just not sure the best way how.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 93 of 509 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012
nvm... do I get kudos for this awesome post now?
aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 94 of 509 (494 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Yea, Dan.  You're right... all you have to do is put some pit-stop choices in the RA menu.  That still can be tricky when trying to press a button, twist the knob and click + and - while driving, but at least the menu and button system already exist.

Message 95 of 509 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

I would like to see the ability for tire presser changes and being able to set things like toe, camber, springs, etc independently from left to right as well as front to back.  With NASCAR cars you have positive camber on tracks like Daytona on the left side yet this game only let's you set in negative increments.  Tire pressure can not only help with grip but car handling as well.  Racing games of yesteryear all had these options and abilities. 

Maybe if they remove programming code for such things that are duplicated like  car tuning in both the Tune Shop and in the Garage, might free up some space and for these types of game improvements.

is it correct for me to assume that left/right independent tweakings is mostly used in Nascar and other oval racing?  I'd say PD didn't originally think Nascar would be part of GT5, and that's why lef/right suspension changes are not there.  for most of the GT racing, having your car handle the same when it turns left as it does right, is kind of important.

Message 96 of 509 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3840 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Didn't see anyone else correct this so...

255 40 R15 for example would be

255 - width of tread in mms.  (just under 10 inches in this case...)

40 - heigth of sidewall as a percentage of tread width

15 - size of wheel in inches.

so the diameter of this tire would be almost 23 inches  ((10 x 0.40 x 2) + 15)

Message 97 of 509 (488 Views)
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

"Didn't see anyone else correct this so...

255 40 R15 for example would be

255 - width of tread in mms.  (just under 10 inches in this case...)

40 - heigth of sidewall as a percentage of tread width

15 - size of wheel in inches.

so the diameter of this tire would be almost 23 inches  ((10 x 0.40 x 2) + 15)"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, sorry thats my mistake Smiley Embarassed

Message 98 of 509 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

FYI, if you don't use the quick reply and use the full reply feature you can click the quote button and that formats the quote nicely for you and then you can modify it.

welcome, btw.

Message 99 of 509 (468 Views)
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

FYI, if you don't use the quick reply and use the full reply feature you can click the quote button and that formats the quote nicely for you and then you can modify it.

welcome, btw.

Ok, I was having difficulty with figuring that out. *self face palm*

Thanks lol

Message 100 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes